Interesting, i hadn't thought of it affecting my eyesight. I've been thinking of removing mine so I don't get Alzheimer's when I'm old! I guess eyeight improvement would be one more reason... Though, I have also read that removing amalgam exposes you to way more toxic vapors than keeping them in teh rest of your life. And what if a small piece is swallowed when it's removed? I'll have to read more about it before removing them.
see my vision diary blog: http://sorrisi.wordpress.com
After 8 months: 20/50
now, 5/10, 10/20, still improving and loving it