MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Practising and get some kind of improvement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Practising and get some kind of improvement
Just want to share this
a few month ago, i stumbled upon the internet mentioning that vision can be improved and that eyeglass are bad for your eyes. I thought that i got nothing to loose so i practise those training.
Since i can not take off my eyeglass because i have a very bad eyes (-9D left eye, -7D right eye), i ordered a reduced prescription (-7D and -5D). A month practising i have very little/no improvement. I got discouraged and didnt practise it anymore. My thought was " It is true what many people on the internet said, you can not cure refraction problem"

For days i continue to search on the internet to find the truth and still don't know what to believe.
Many people said that they improve their vision and reduce 1,2 or even 3 diopter within, weeks sor months. That is so hard to believe.
A month ago i read someone that improved only 1 diopter within a year and i thought hmmmm... perhaps in my case it is like that, i can only get improvement like that, sloooww.
Considering that i get some benefit while i reduce my prescription, which is more relax on the eye (although blurry too ofcourse), I decided to continue practising bates method and other vision training.

It is one month since i continue my practise, now i "think" i have better night vision which is a brighter vision inside my house at night than what it was.
My eye also more relax. It is true what someone here say that when you wear eyeglass, your eye is "locked" to that particular condition. I remember the first time i use my reduced prescription, it so much blurry and darker it is like i can not see. My eyes didn't like it and begging for my ussual eyeglass. Now i can "see" better with my reduced prescription. It is still blurry but brighter, perhaps there is a bit truth in "blur adaptation".

Now I dont care for how long it is to reduce my diopter, though i hope that it is faster than 1 diopter change in a year. As long as there is some improvement i have hope.
When i do skygazing yesterday, i practised one eye at a time and i found something. If i do it with both eyes, it is more hurting (too bright), and when i cover one eye with my palm it is not hurting any more. I tried it with my left eye only and with my right oye only, it is the same, my eye is not hurting. When i remove my palm and look with both eyes it begin to hurt and tear is slowly coming out of my eyes. I dont know whether the light is too bright or it is my eyes trying to focus on a very far object that make my eyes hurt. Can someone explain about this??

Oh i almost forgot, I have another improvement. A month ago when i watch tv from about 2 meters with my reduced glass, it was blurry and i can not read the text. Now it is definitely clearer and the text although still a bit blurry i can read it.
coba_aja Wrote:...with both eyes, it is more hurting (too bright), and when i cover one eye with my palm it is not hurting any more. I tried it with my left eye only and with my right oye only, it is the same, my eye is not hurting. When i remove my palm and look with both eyes it begin to hurt and tear is slowly coming out of my eyes. I dont know whether the light is too bright or it is my eyes trying to focus on a very far object that make my eyes hurt. Can someone explain about this??...
Just behind your eyes, inside your brain, the two optic nerves come together, forming a little cross (the optic chiasm).
At that cross, the nerves connecting the left side of your right eye's retina cross over and join with the left eye optic nerve, and the nerves connecting the right side of your left eye's retina cross over and join with the right eye optic nerve.
The crossing nerves are therefore all from the rod areas on the inside/nasal retinal zones. The outside/temporal/foveal(cone) zones do not crossover, and provide the clear eyesight that you are trying to reconnect with your mind/attention.
However, your mind/attention is split among the various inputs.
In order to use both eyes as they were designed, you have to teach yourself how to unify those visual components. In order to see clearly you have to unify the components and move your mental attention onto the foveal/cone inputs. It is difficult.
Your method of training one eye at a time and then trying to unify the whole is smart. Keep it up! Good looking out! Nice job! I'm glad you're on the team.
Thank you JMartinC4

Actually i am not totally convinced whether this bates method will work or not. I do it because i am desperately hoping to make my sight better. I hope i will be with you who had success in restoring or improving his eye sight.

My left eye is worse than my right eye infact it quite a big gap, -9D and -7D, moreover with -9D my left eye still can not see as clear as my right eye. Using stronger lens does'n t help. Will it make a difference to what practice should i be doing and the the length of time i am doing it?? I worried that if my sight do improving, it will make the gap even larger (right eye is recover faster than left eye).
coba_aja Wrote:Thank you JMartinC4 Actually i am not totally convinced whether this bates method will work or not. I do it because i am desperately hoping to make my sight better. I hope i will be with you who had success in restoring or improving his eye sight. My left eye is worse than my right eye infact it quite a big gap, -9D and -7D, moreover with -9D my left eye still can not see as clear as my right eye. Using stronger lens does'n t help. Will it make a difference to what practice should i be doing and the the length of time i am doing it?? I worried that if my sight do improving, it will make the gap even larger (right eye is recover faster than left eye).
I wish I had a better answer for you. I figure I am only about halfway (rough estimate) finished with learning to control my own visual system. However most of that improvement has come over the past two years while participating in this community forum.
One great thing about this website and the community forum is that any particular member's postings can be reviewed - in my case you can see how I described my visual improvement journey as it happened and is still happening.
I think there is much greater variation and complexity involved in nearsightedness nowadays compared with Dr. Bates' era.
That makes it much more difficult to 'prescribe' any standardized set of practices for any individual.
Trial and error becomes the best method for discovering what works for any individual. So, in my case:
Trial and error proved to me that the Bates methods of palming, swinging, shifting, etcetera, temporarily or momentarily improved my eyesight. That proved that the conventional 'scientific' explanations of nearsightedness were at best incomplete and at worst completely wrong.
If nearsightedness is the result of an eyeball that is too long then it would be physically impossible to experience a flash of clear eyesight without altering the incoming light with lenses or by flattening the eyeball with pressure or surgery.
One other explanation - that a clear flash is a result of some ill-defined temporary 'tearfilm' effect similar to a contact lens - does nothing to explain how a clear flash would last longer than one or two eyeblinks.
And finally, there is no attempt at all to explain the experience of people like Dr. Paul Lowinger who in his mid-60s over the course of a week or two, had a complete reversal of his nearsightedness. According to his website he still had normal vision ten years later.
Meticulous, honest, unbiased observation, research and data collection proved to me that flashes of clear eyesight were occurring as a result of practicing the Bates Methods. However the improvement was never permanent or controllable. Something else was missing for me.
After a couple of fortuitous accidental discoveries, and research and analysis based on those discoveries, I began to see and understand the truth regarding my nearsightedness. That truth may or may not apply to you.
Just want to make a weekly report and progress

One more week practising but there is no improvement on visual acuity.

I read it somewhere here that bates method can make black/dark circle around the eye disappear. Well, I have it for a long time. I dont remember when did it occur the first time. I didn't realize i have it until someone told me years ago, 14 years ago if i am not wrong. First i thought it was because of my eyeglass, but i have a friends who also have dark circle but he doesn't wear glass. My wife too has friend that have dark circle.

My right eye has darker circle than my left eye, it is quite dark as if someone had punch on my face. Some times it is became lighter and some time darker. Few days ago when i look my eye in the mirror, i realized that my dark circle is not so dark anymore. Perhaps it is because i am practising bates method or it is just the occasional thing when my dark circle is became lighter. I will have to see a few more weeks or a month to see if it can become better and better. If it is than it sure is because of bates methods.

Sorry for my bad english.
Make sure you are getting enough sleep and drinking enough water. Failure to do either could create dark circles under your eyes. These will both help your eyesight indirectly too. Your English is fine.
[quote]

For days i continue to search on the internet to find the truth and still don't know what to believe.
Many people said that they improve their vision and reduce 1,2 or even 3 diopter within, weeks sor months. That is so hard to believe.[\quote]

When I came to know about Bates, tried. Hard to discovere how much truth lies in his book. I got the bats book after searching for 5 months ( in India, that time it was rare atleast in North) and I found this site soon after 1 year. Meanwhile. I read many books that refraction errors can not be cured without surgery. But when I found bates book, my thoughts changed. When I read that bates have cured people in minutes, I thought its impossible and are put in the book for seeking more attention. You can read my earlier posts about my curiosity in believe this method. But today , afteran irregular practice and knowledge of 2.5 years, I can produce clear flashes at my will. I had -5d in both eyes when I started. So, buddy. Have patience and try it, it can take fractions. Of a second or months. But it will never go unrewarded.. and one more thing that caused me to read this site... no program is sold here or money is demanded for a ready made solution. Only experiences of those who have walked through this awesome path.....sorry, fr mistakes. M tired typing frm mobile
Thanks handa

After almost 2 month of practising and take off my glass as much i can, i can say that
- Glass although can fix your refraction error, it is bad for your eyes.
- Bates practice do have some effect

For the moment i am still waiting for my dark circle to dissaper, perhaps after that i will get another improvement, or perhaps it will take longer for my eyes to get stronger (weaker diopter).

Sorry to ask, what is your current diopter??
Actually I think I rarely use glasses these days, though I keep one of -3.5 diopter in both eyes. I even don't use in office but. Only when I find it hard to type or read from my pc. Since if I am relaxed, I can manage to see clear enough to read. That is the only event in tye day, I needs. Glasses, l. But sometimes I think I require them to keep myself enough away from computer. Screen so as to remain unaffected by the radiation and adverse effects of dryness. Is here anyone who. Can shed some. Light on how you people. Go without glasses in office since there sometimes you cannot. Avoid. Wearing glasses ... David, can you please put some points.

handa_yar
handa_yar Wrote:Actually I think I rarely use glasses these days, though I keep one of -3.5 diopter in both eyes. I even don't use in office but. Only when I find it hard to type or read from my pc. Since if I am relaxed, I can manage to see clear enough to read. That is the only event in tye day, I needs. Glasses, l. But sometimes I think I require them to keep myself enough away from computer. Screen so as to remain unaffected by the radiation and adverse effects of dryness. Is here anyone who. Can shed some. Light on how you people. Go without glasses in office since there sometimes you cannot. Avoid. Wearing glasses ... David, can you please put some points.

handa_yar

I do pranic healing every second hour in office according to chinese eye exercises, palming and Choa Kok Sui.
See this video by Leo Angart, do you know about this ? I think it is working, especially the pranic healing of Choa Kok Sui that he shows. Take the oppertunity to watch this video before it might be removed, the later part of the video, I am not sure if it will be removed in a week or not, maybe:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6842552229982266221#">http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 982266221#</a><!-- m -->
I have a question, will bates method still work even though we dont get clear flash ?

This question is came up because of a reason. When i first practise to improve my eyes, i was doing it by squeezing my eyes and open it. By doing this my vision is clear for a few second after a few days i dont have to squeeze my eyes to get a clear vision, i just make my eyes to look at something forcefully. When doing this my eye muscle or whatever located at the side of my head is contracting.

I realized that the duration time of the clear vision is decreasing each time i do it and to make another clear vision is harder. That is why i get a bit frustated and sometimes later i found bates method.

Until now i have never try to get a clear flash, and i am still not sure what clear flash is. I dont thik i have had a clear vision out of nowhere, or perhaps i didnt realize it when it happened.

What i get is this
i look at some writing and make a distance far enough so the writing is a bit blurry, i look at the sky for about 30 second and then look at the writing again, it is now clearer for a second or two.
coba_aja Wrote:Thank you JMartinC4 ... My left eye is worse than my right eye infact it quite a big gap, -9D and -7D, moreover with -9D my left eye still can not see as clear as my right eye. Using stronger lens does'n t help. Will it make a difference to what practice should i be doing and the the length of time i am doing it?? I worried that if my sight do improving, it will make the gap even larger (right eye is recover faster than left eye).
Upon further reflection (!) and analysis, it will probably make a difference how you proceed, given the difference in blur level for each eye.
Q1: Are you right handed or left handed? Q2: Are you right eye dominant or left eye dominant?
For instance, I am right handed and right eye dominant. However this more often seems to be reversed and nearsighted people are right handed but left eye dominant (my brother, my wife, our two sons, people posting on this forum, etc.). I have ideas about why that is, but regardless, I believe it does make a difference, based on my trial-and-error success so far.
Only after I began training my eyes to synchronize - point in the same direction, at the same distance, at the same time - did I begin to experience real control over my visual system. Only then was my mind able to sync up with my eyesight (there is an improved sense of unity while thinking - and an abiilty to think while focusing at further and further distances, for instance, instead of only being able to think while fixated at the nearpoint or on blur).
One way I achieved it was by forcing myself to shift my focus/dominance to my worse/left eye while doing Bates Methods (or anything else). By constantly comparing the two eyes - close the right and see if the left is looking at, pointed at, lined up with the same area/object/distance regardless of blur level for instance - and making adjustments based on those observations (also often trying to 'lead off' with the left/worse eye) - my eyes began to synchronize. Soon after that (days/weeks/months) I saw significant improvement in my eyesight and control over it.
After two months of practising still no changes on my visual acuity. I checked with my snellen chart and there is no differences or perhaps the changes is too small to measure with snellen chart.

My dark circle is although lighter in color but still very visible.

Since it is progress at a very slow rate, i will post again on this thread after a few month.

Note that i am now able to drive a car with my reduced glass ( 2 diopter reduced). I also have been driving my motorcycle without glasses. With -7D and -9D vision it is so blurry, but still i can managed it.

See you all later...
Its 4 month now and i haven't got any improvement from the last time i posted. I still have high hope but with no progress i got a bit dissapointed.

I think the next time i will post it will be in "other" topic. If i have some progress then i will post in this thread.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now