MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Clear flash after closing eyes for few seconds. - Printable Version
Eyesight Improvement Forum
Clear flash after closing eyes for few seconds. - Printable Version

+- Eyesight Improvement Forum (https://www.iblindness.org/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Bates Method (https://www.iblindness.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Clear flash after closing eyes for few seconds. (/showthread.php?tid=1966)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Re: Clear flash after closing eyes for few seconds. - clarknight - 04-16-2012

A few people on here keep getting clear flashes and asking about them; type in clear, flash, flashes... in the search bar to see all posts and reply's. Interesting.

Re: Clear flash after closing eyes for few seconds. - Skywalker - 12-15-2012

Hey there! Haven't posted for a long, long time here. You would ask how I was doing for this time, well in my eyesight matters I wasn't doing nothing (shame). Still I'm not wearing glasses I just got used to live with my myopia. Still I'm noticing every day, for a bunch of times clear flashes which last until I blink, but I failed to manage a clear flash that would last longer. I don't know why this happens that with my myopia I can still get a lot of spontaneous flashes even if I wasn't aware of the Bates and David teachings on my daily life since I stopped to be active in this forum. I think that maybe if I would stop staring on my computer screen each day my eyesight would come back to it's natural state but you know it's hard to get a rid off computer in this times now (facebook and other activities are addicting Big Grin). So since March I have graduated my middle school and now I moved to another town to study on High-school and live goes on.
If anyone managed why those clear flashes happen and maybe how to make them last longer I would appreciate an answer on that matter (maybe there was some breaktrough on this forum since I left, just in case I'm asking :] )

Re: Clear flash after closing eyes for few seconds. - arocarty - 12-16-2012

It sounds like you have answered a lot of your own questions; you aren't willing to give up, or change your habits on the computer, you aren't willing to put in the time to practice things that will help you learn to become more aware of what you are doing incorrectly. Not wearing glasses is very helpful, but it is most likely not going to be enough. As Bates told a mild myopic patient who came back to him for years (she saw little improvement except flashes, because she didn't practice his instructions) "It isn't faith that cures, but a proper use of the eyes."

Flashes will come because they are able to, as when one is not wearing lenses. But there is no quick magic move, technique, or trick that is going to get one beyond that. There's a wealth of information on this site, a lot of excellent insights from members, and more than enough in the writings of Bates for anyone to go all the way. Each person has to come to their own breakthroughs, usually after much dedicated time, practice, searching, listening to others, and, most importantly, listening to their own body, and what it's telling them.

Re: Clear flash after closing eyes for few seconds. - Skywalker - 12-16-2012

Where can I find Better Eyesight Magazine? I heard there are exercises, I will give a shot and try to do them, I was swinging today for short time and after that had one by one clear flashes, cool feeling.