MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Practicing central fixation with shifting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Practicing central fixation with shifting
Hi All,

I am practicing central fixation with shifting. It means I look at anything and try to keep the target in the center of my vision.

By the way, I realised there are three centers... Two for each eye and one for the merged image (in between the eyes projected on the image). I use the merged center.
I realised I can do this anytime.
Interesting observation is that there is a sweet spot at the center which tends to relax my eyes quite quickly. (within seconds)
So often I can maintain a relaxed looking at will.
Looking in this centered way, seems to relax many muscle in the back.. and causes feeling waves of confidence. (not immediately there is time delay it can be hours...)

However, sometimes I noticed I get "tired"??? of this... and then I feel some tension. Then I take some time of , let myself to look at anything without the constraint of the focus needing to be in the center of the image.

This is not my first round with this. I experienced similar phenomena years ago when I decided to try David's method (which was about central fixation then).  I stopped doing it then.. I fell back invisibly.

Is this how it is supposed to be done? Kind of following David's old method. Not sure what Bates says about this.
I am doing central fixation in this way.
Firstly, I shift to the center of the image. Then I wait for the focusing to finish.
When I "settle down", then I shift. The reading in this way is much slower but much calmer.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now