MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Horizontal lines clearer than vertical ones

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horizontal lines clearer than vertical ones
Hi, and sorry for possible mistakes in my message !

I'm myopic, I don't really know what's my prescription but it may be on the -3/-4. During the last few years, I sometimes tried to work on my vision but I always gave up pretty quickly, but I decided to try again on the last few days.

Sometimes, my vision seems clearer but what's strange is that, if on this moment of perceived clearer vision, I look at a rectangular piece of furniture for exemple; I see its horizontal lines more or less well, it look sharp and not so much blurred. On the same time however, the vertical lines look more blurry and multiple (they stay pretty much the same)

My theory is that maybe my sided eye muscles need more strenght and flexibility ? (I have some troubles to do rotations with my eyes, especially on the left side, and I'm trying to do a bit of stretching intenting to avoid the strain)

What's the problem in your opinion ?
(07-08-2016, 11:16 AM)Jaja Wrote: Hi, and sorry for possible mistakes in my message !

I'm myopic, I don't really know what's my prescription but it may be on the -3/-4. During the last few years, I sometimes tried to work on my vision but I always gave up pretty quickly, but I decided to try again on the last few days.

Sometimes, my vision seems clearer but what's strange is that, if on this moment of perceived clearer vision, I look at a rectangular piece of furniture for exemple; I see its horizontal lines more or less well, it look sharp and not so much blurred. On the same time however, the vertical lines look more blurry and multiple (they stay pretty much the same)

My theory is that maybe my sided eye muscles need more strenght and flexibility ? (I have some troubles to do rotations with my eyes, especially on the left side, and I'm trying to do a bit of stretching intenting to avoid the strain)

What's the problem in your opinion ?

Jaja, this reminds me of the eye doctor test of showing a grid of lines, some horizontal and some vertical, then asking which is darker or clearer. He's looking for astigmatism, which just means you see more clearly in some angles than others. Here's an article I wrote about astigmatism: http://www.iblindness.org/1051/yes-but-i...tigmatism/.

Rather than getting hung up on the label of the condition and "what's wrong with me?", I'd keep doing what you're doing with the eye circles, intending to increase the flexibility of the eye muscles so it's easy to look at any angle. You have good instincts. You may get more understanding and ideas from the article I referenced. Good luck!

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now