MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
What prescription should I order?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What prescription should I order?
Smile 
Hello!

I am new here and I just started doing eye exercises. I am no longer using my contacts. So I am going without any correction most of the time except I need to use glasses for 8 hours 5 days a week for my job. My vision is not good enough to see the computer screen without some form of correction. I do have an old pair of glasses with a lower prescription that I have been using but I don't think the prescription is low enough. I can still see most things perfectly. I plan on ordering cheap glasses from Zenni optical. Below is my prescription from my last eye doctor visit. Based on this what prescription lower should i order from Zenni optical?

OD: -3.50 (sphere) -1.50 (cylinder) 135 (axis)

Thank you!
(10-20-2016, 07:28 AM)czescwitamy Wrote: Hello!

I am new here and I just started doing eye exercises. I am no longer using my contacts. So I am going without any correction most of the time except I need to use glasses for 8 hours 5 days a week for my job. My vision is not good enough to see the computer screen without some form of correction. I do have an old pair of glasses with a lower prescription that I have been using but I don't think the prescription is low enough. I can still see most things perfectly. I plan on ordering cheap glasses from Zenni optical. Below is my prescription from my last eye doctor visit. Based on this what prescription lower should i order from Zenni optical?

Thank you!

I am not an eye doctor and not licensed to give eyeglasses prescriptions. That said, given my own experience, that of my clients, and my training as a vision educator, I'd remove the astigmatism correction completely (CYL and AXIS measurements), then lower the SPH a bit and see how that feels, maybe to -3 and -4. You want to eventually have both eyes seeing equally well, not to retain the imbalance. If these are too weak for you, you can keep them for when your eyes get stronger.

Since you are spending a lot of time without glasses, you are probably improving and it's no surprise your glasses feel too strong. Pay attention to the messages of strain or relaxation your visual system is sending you, which is the best feedback on how you're doing, in addition to the clarity. Let us know how it goes.
(10-23-2016, 11:15 AM)Nancy Wrote:

Thank you!

I am not an eye doctor and not licensed to give eyeglasses prescriptions. That said, given my own experience, that of my clients, and my training as a vision educator, I'd remove the astigmatism correction completely (CYL and AXIS measurements), then lower the SPH a bit and see how that feels, maybe to -3 and -4. You want to eventually have both eyes seeing equally well, not to retain the imbalance. If these are too weak for you, you can keep them for when your eyes get stronger.

Since you are spending a lot of time without glasses, you are probably improving and it's no surprise your glasses feel too strong. Pay attention to the messages of strain or relaxation your visual system is sending you, which is the best feedback on how you're doing, in addition to the clarity. Let us know how it goes.

Thank you Nancy! I'm so thankful for Zenni. It's so inexpensive to experiment with different prescriptions. I'll order 2-3 pairs with different diopters and i'll leave the astigmatism out. I'll let you know how it goes!
(10-23-2016, 01:58 PM)czescwitamy Wrote:
(10-23-2016, 11:15 AM)Nancy Wrote:

Thank you!

Thank you Nancy! I'm so thankful for Zenni. It's so inexpensive to experiment with different prescriptions. I'll order 2-3 pairs with different diopters and i'll leave the astigmatism out. I'll let you know how it goes!
When I was coming down from my high prescription, I had several pairs of glasses in my car of various strengths, for dimmer and brighter conditions. It was interesting that the difference between them wasn't always immediately obvious -- I couldn't necessarily see "better" through the stronger ones. This transition time can be frustrating, when sometimes you can’t seem to see clearly with glasses or without them! Just know you're on your way to a clearer future. And yes, please let us know how you do.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now