MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
nutrition

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nutrition
See new water bottles and videos:
http://www.ecocanteen.org
http://www.EcoCanteen.com
Truth finally being told in 2008-09 about toxic chemicals in plastics.
Is ecocanteen pure steel?
Is the top plastic?
Top must be steel also.
No copper, aluminum...
I have a couple 40oz Klean Kanteens. Stainless steel. The top is some kind of plastic.

As far as I understand, sunlight is supposed to be a main factor in chemicals from clear or frosted plastic bottles leeching into the water. Maybe any plastic that gets heated, by sunlight or otherwise.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
I use a pure glass container and am searching for steel twist on cover.
I read that any food that contains fat; cheese, mayo, milk... absorbs plastic chemicals into the food.
You got me thinking about how I dump hot food into plastic containers and it melts them a bit if it's hot enough. Not good. I ordered some steel food containers from http://www.lifewithoutplastic.com. Steel lid with a silicone o-ring type thing.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
I've read that certain types of Chromium can improve vision and Bilberry and Flaxseed Oil, Fish Oil, or anything that has Omega-3 can improve vision.....

I'll try and find this certain type of Chromium's name

Its Chromium P something.... can't remember the long word after.... LOL

Good luck to all,
blauw
Chromium picolinate is what you're referring to. It's most commonly used to regulate blood sugar metabolism, like for diabetics & pre-diabetics.
Nancy Wrote:Chromium picolinate is what you're referring to. It's most commonly used to regulate blood sugar metabolism, like for diabetics & pre-diabetics.

Hi Nancy,

No this was the one I meant....

chromium polynicotinate

On Earth Clinic a person called "Ted" cured his myopia by taking, Chromium Polynicotinate, Magnesium, Vitamin D, etc. A lot of successful people have posted on Earth Clinic

Say Nancy what is your current Visual Acuity, I read on your vision blog that you wore -10 Hard Contacts.... what is your current state after Bates?

Good luck to all,
blauw
First, I'll be doing Bates work the rest of my life, even after I clear my vision completely, so there's no "after Bates" time frame for me! Right now my acuity varies from 20/50 outdoors to 20/70 indoors, & I wear -2 or -3 glasses to drive with in the daytime & -5.25 glasses to drive with at night. So I can't give you a simple answer as to what my visual acuity is, but it's pretty fluid now which it sure wasn't before when it was frozen into that -10 "corrected" state.
Nancy Wrote:First, I'll be doing Bates work the rest of my life, even after I clear my vision completely, so there's no "after Bates" time frame for me! Right now my acuity varies from 20/50 outdoors to 20/70 indoors, & I wear -2 or -3 glasses to drive with in the daytime & -5.25 glasses to drive with at night. So I can't give you a simple answer as to what my visual acuity is, but it's pretty fluid now which it sure wasn't before when it was frozen into that -10 "corrected" state.

Wow congrats!

20/50 outdoors would be nice, especially for driving and other activities and 20/70 indoors would be okay... just wait till you are 20/50 indoors and like 20/30 outdoors!

Sounds like you've come along way from -10 to -2 (day driving)/-3 (day driving)/-5.25(night driving)

I am taking the advice given by Mzero on palming and the advice from Robert L.'s site, that when palming and you are nearsighted don't try to visualize a clear distance scene as it creates strain but rather relax and view a clear near scene. I've noticed after taking both those advices and trying them out I got a lot of clear flashes. Which was really nice. They were in the 20/80 - 20/70 range, but thats just my guess..... perhaps they were better or worse who knows.

I've also passed the Bates method along to my Presbyopic mother. (Myopia actually doesn't run in my family.... interesting that) Who is a huge supporter of natural improvement methods for anything.

My father I don't think will ever need the Bates method, as he has had better then 20/20 for his whole life, he is actually about 20/15 or so. I remember having very clear distance vision a few years ago..... I also rejected the minus.. the )( lens and I think that may have saved me from getting into the spiral of becoming more and more negative every year or month or so. Is it somewhat true that someone who never wore or rarely wore the minus will have a somewhat easier road to clearing? I read that on here somewhere.... and on another site..... I suppose it depends on your mind set and how willing you are to change your habits.

I hope my road to clear vision is a fun one, so far it has been entertaining.... especially using the nosefeather or another tool at the end of my nose.....

Good luck to all,
blauw
My behavioral optometrist told me people who got eyeglasses at a very young age (I was 5) &/or have worn them for a long time (many decades in my case) usually take longer to reduce their prescriptions. It's not that it's impossible, it's just that the unhealthy myopic patterns are more entrenched & the clear-sighted state is so long ago that it's hard to remember. If I were you I'd see if I could put myself back in that state of seeing clearly in my imagination. Also see if you can remember a stressful event around the time your vision degraded, & maybe work with the emotions that brought up at the time to see if you can clear some of the strain & so relax your vision too.
Nancy Wrote:My behavioral optometrist told me people who got eyeglasses at a very young age (I was 5) &/or have worn them for a long time (many decades in my case) usually take longer to reduce their prescriptions. It's not that it's impossible, it's just that the unhealthy myopic patterns are more entrenched & the clear-sighted state is so long ago that it's hard to remember. If I were you I'd see if I could put myself back in that state of seeing clearly in my imagination. Also see if you can remember a stressful event around the time your vision degraded, & maybe work with the emotions that brought up at the time to see if you can clear some of the strain & so relax your vision too.

Hi Nancy,

I will try that. Imagining seeing clearly and toying with emotions.

I do remember three years ago in Grade 7 that my vision degraded. In my school in Grade 7 & 8 the expectations were high and a lot of homework, and math was and sort of still is my worst subject..... we got a lot of math homework, which I think stressed me out, which probably affected my vision.....

I'll try and see if I can remember anything from that year.....

Good luck to all,
blauw

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now