MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
eyeball moving exercise

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eyeball moving exercise
i have noiced many eye impovement clinicians sugest eye exercises moving eyeballs up down left right
and i havent seen bates mention about this kind of method
does it really work and improvese your vision?
Yes, I've seen this recommended by Martin Sussman, David DeAngelis, Meir Schneider, & Leo Angart (at least). The point is to improve flexibility of the eye muscles, & especially to find any places where the movement is sore or your eyes get "stuck", & then gently work through that. Anything which helps your eyes be more healthy & relaxed will help your vision. This shouldn't be approached like a workout, but rather like a lazy stretch by a cat when waking up. The Tibetan Wheel is one version of this, by the way, & is supposed to really help with astigmatism.
im extremely myopic but i dont have astigmatism
would i benefit from this method?
It can't hurt if you do it without straining, & it will be good to find out any sore spots you weren't aware of before, so you can pay attention to loosening them. If you're extremely myopic I'd concentrate on what is most relaxing for you, whether it be sunning or palming or swinging.
I've read on a lot of these eye moving exercises to not move your eye in one direction to hard..... it can cause a "flash"... which is I think a sign that you are pulling on your retina or something.....

I'll try and find the link to where I read that.
My guess as to what you're referring to is the start of a retinal detachment, which the eye doctor always warns you about, to call him or see him right away if you suddenly see flashing lights -- this is a very serious condition requiring immediate treatment. It has nothing to do with the desirable "clear flash" of momentarily improved vision! That said, I never heard of anyone causing retinal detachment themselves by stretching their eyeball muscles too vigorously, but I guess it's possible & this is another reason to go slowly & gently with the stretching. People with severe myopia, which means a very elongated eyeball, are more at risk for retinal detachment. Of course the prevention is Bates work & relaxation.
Nancy Wrote:My guess as to what you're referring to is the start of a retinal detachment, which the eye doctor always warns you about, to call him or see him right away if you suddenly see flashing lights -- this is a very serious condition requiring immediate treatment. It has nothing to do with the desirable "clear flash" of momentarily improved vision! That said, I never heard of anyone causing retinal detachment themselves by stretching their eyeball muscles too vigorously, but I guess it's possible & this is another reason to go slowly & gently with the stretching. People with severe myopia, which means a very elongated eyeball, are more at risk for retinal detachment. Of course the prevention is Bates work & relaxation.

I don't have these flashing lights.

But I remember the site saying that these flashes during these exercises were not the same as Retinal detachment. But were just the strain on the muscle producing these flashes. Thats why you do them gently. So I don't think these exercises flashes as self induced retinal detachment but rather just sort of a sign that you are yanking on a muscle that isn't supposed to go in a certain direction.

Not sure if this made sense LOL.
i found it helpful to do any kind of pattern. for examlpe do a zero with the eyes or the neck, then when your good at that try an 8.

work your way from big to small. with a big zero being the easiest and a small 8 the most challenging. takes a high degree of relaxation.
What I am wondering is why do the rotations with the eyes closed too??
Here you have one example of one person that trained those eye muscles: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.squidoo.com/restorevision">http://www.squidoo.com/restorevision</a><!-- m -->

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now