MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Alexander Technique

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alexander Technique
I watched a video the other day that was about body posture and it mentioned the 'Alexander Technique'. Does anyone have any experience with it?

It also said that emotions impact body posture, and that bad posture is akin to 'fighting life', which made me think that strain could also be likened to fighting against life.
Bates mentions Alexander in Better Eyesight Magazines.
Repeating verbally and imagining and doing a correct body movement over and over until the body accepts it.
Other methods involved.
Lots web sites on it giving free training.
clarknight Wrote:Bates mentions Alexander in Better Eyesight Magazines.
Repeating verbally and imagining and doing a correct body movement over and over until the body accepts it.
Other methods involved.
Lots web sites on it giving free training.

I also hear breathing and blinking, etc. and repeating that in your head over and over and forcing your body to make it a habit helps.

Speaking of "helps" I just started to do the long swing with a pointer below eye level to help guide my eyes and make sure they don't try to lock on to objects in the room throughout the long swing. And I have been getting tons of clear flashes. Is it a good thing to help guide your eyes with the pointer object?

BTW, footballman, I like your quote!

Good luck to all,
blauw
The normal eye faces objects at eye level and I think slants down a little due to gravity? Visual axis??
I was trained in vision improvement school to use the nosefeather when swinging left and right and move the end of the soft, flexable feather over objects in the viusal field, sweeping at eye level, left and right across the scenery.
The feather is also used when shifting, tracing on objects.
I asked the teacher should the end of the feather (or nose pencil, pointer, laser beam, whatever you are using) bend up to eye level, center of the visal field to keep normal central fixation and to prevent eye muscle tension which can occur if the eyes constantly look down to nose level if the end of the feather is at nose level.
The teacher said to attach it to the end of the nose with the end of the feather at eye level.
The feather, pencil... should bend without resistance, a soft, flexable, relaxing effect.
Try sweeping the end of the imaginary feather along the rungs of a fence in the sunlight, across a field...
Sweep it up and down a ladder, bricks in a building. This also activates 'Saccadic Shifting' eye movements.
Use it with the infinity swing.
The feather also helps keep your balance, see oppositional movement when swinging with the eyes open, closed, open.
Lot of the things people been asking about on here will be posted free with pictures on cleareyesight.info when 2-3 new upgrades are done. Your questions are helping me decide which are most needed, to be placed in first upgrade. Thank you.
clarknight Wrote:The normal eye faces objects at eye level and I think slants down a little due to gravity? Visual axis??
I was trained in vision improvement school to use the nosefeather when swinging left and right and move the end of the soft, flexable feather over objects in the viusal field, sweeping at eye level, left and right across the scenery.
The feather is also used when shifting, tracing on objects.
I asked the teacher should the end of the feather (or nose pencil, pointer, laser beam, whatever you are using) bend up to eye level, center of the visal field to keep normal central fixation and to prevent eye muscle tension which can occur if the eyes constantly look down to nose level if the end of the feather is at nose level.
The teacher said to attach it to the end of the nose with the end of the feather at eye level.
The feather, pencil... should bend without resistance, a soft, flexable, relaxing effect.
Try sweeping the end of the imaginary feather along the rungs of a fence in the sunlight, across a field...
Sweep it up and down a ladder, bricks in a building. This also activates 'Saccadic Shifting' eye movements.
Use it with the infinity swing.
The feather also helps keep your balance, see oppositional movement when swinging with the eyes open, closed, open.
Lot of the things people been asking about on here will be posted free with pictures on cleareyesight.info when 2-3 new upgrades are done. Your questions are helping me decide which are most needed, to be placed in first upgrade. Thank you.

Hiya Clark,

I'll will try the nosefeather.... just sitting hear and looking around and imagining the nosefeather it was quite relaxing and entertaining to the mind to imagine something going over the scenery and bending.

I've also thought about meditating to help figure out where my brain keeps saying stare..... I am slowly overriding my brains staring idea. I also noticed yesterday I was standing about 20 feet away from a wall and I could see this symbol on the wall "#" which then I shifted my gaze to another part of the wall and could read the word "Start" although it wasn't crystal clear but I could make it out. Which was amazing!

Is it unusual to feel a slight pain after doing the Bates Method? Like a pain that sort of feels like a muscle is relaxing? As if my eye is shortening?

Glad you found my questions helpful

Good luck to all,
blauw
Peter Grunwald's Eyebody work is a combination of the Alexander Technique & Bates Method. I'll be taking a workshop with him in a month. Check out http://eyebody.com/ for some interesting ideas on vision & body posture.
Nancy Wrote:Peter Grunwald's Eyebody work is a combination of the Alexander Technique & Bates Method. I'll be taking a workshop with him in a month. Check out http://eyebody.com/ for some interesting ideas on vision & body posture.

Thanks Nancy for this link. It is truly amazing how we have the power to heal ourselves.

I have been thinking about doing the Alexander Technique along with my Bates practice. I've already started breathing deeper and straightening my posture.

I've been wondering if there might be any local Bates Method teachers or Behavioral Optometrists in my city.... so far the two nearest Bates Teachers are 2 hours away.....

I will try some of the things on Peter Grunwald's site.

Good luck to all,
blauw
Some people feel a 'worked out' feeling like the muscles have had a good workout, moved into correct coordination.
I read about people that experinece 'old pains' as the vision is improving and passing backwards through less imapired states, then through it and to perfect clear vision.
The pain goes away after the visual system passes that point.
Remember to do everything easy, no effort, strain, force.
Blink, relax, and shift.
Spend some time not practicing so the brain, muscles, eyes can do it themselves, automatically like everyone that has clear vision.
Thinking too much about the eyes interferes with their completely natural function.
Let your mind drift to something else positive.
clarknight Wrote:Some people feel a 'worked out' feeling like the muscles have had a good workout, moved into correct coordination.
I read about people that experinece 'old pains' as the vision is improving and passing backwards through less imapired states, then through it and to perfect clear vision.
The pain goes away after the visual system passes that point.
Remember to do everything easy, no effort, strain, force.
Blink, relax, and shift.
Spend some time not practicing so the brain, muscles, eyes can do it themselves, automatically like everyone that has clear vision.
Thinking too much about the eyes interferes with their completely natural function.
Let your mind drift to something else positive.

Thanks for the tips.

Is it okay to move the eyes to look at something and imagine the nosefeather bending so the tip meets up with the what the eyes are looking at?

Can someone get the same effect from the Long Swing while doing the Head Swing or Optical Swing?

Good luck to all,
blauw
Just move the eyes and head/face with the eyes and the nosefeather will move with them, same time, same direction.
The end of the feather bends up to eye level.
I dont understand second question?
Doing Long swing; same time as head or optical swing?
I think its best to do them seperately.
The head will move with the eyes, body anyway when doing long swing.
All are beneficial.
The infinity swing, figure eight combines many of Bates swings into one.
See pictures on navigation Page 8 and 17, 18 http://www.cleareyesight.info for nosefeather, figure eight, long swing.
clarknight Wrote:Just move the eyes and head/face with the eyes and the nosefeather will move with them, same time, same direction.
The end of the feather bends up to eye level.
I dont understand second question?
Doing Long swing; same time as head or optical swing?
I think its best to do them seperately.
The head will move with the eyes, body anyway when doing long swing.
All are beneficial.
The infinity swing, figure eight combines many of Bates swings into one.
See pictures on navigation Page 8 and 17, 18 http://www.cleareyesight.info for nosefeather, figure eight, long swing.

My second question, I'll expand on it:

Say you are in a place where you can't do the long swing is the head swing a good thing to do like you will get the same effect later from it?

I'll check out the infinity swing.

Good luck to all,
blauw Tongue

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now