MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Wow - Look at the two last posts on this site

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow - Look at the two last posts on this site
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...800AAT8zuC

Wear them all the time?, and become even more myopic?? I hope this -.75 D person didn't do that. -.75D is mild, very mild.

They could probably do some Bates method work or any other method of their choice and clear it to at least 20/20.

Good luck to all,
blauw
I agree, the answers on the above link are very misinformed. All of the answers claimed they have gotten better vision by actually wearing a lens. Although this could possibly be the case, I find it hard to believe. I'm extremely annoyed at how... arrogant the world is..

for instance, "why would you listen to someone else other than your doctor?" People just assume that their doctors and pills are the answer.
Back in the 60's a lot of us peaceniks (still can't believe that was supposed to be an insult!) had bumper stickers on our VWs saying "Question authority". Sounds like this attitude still isn't mainstream.
Even the more conservative people who supposedly value personal responsibility still limit what they will take responsibility for. There is nothing more our individual responsibility than our own body, and yet beyond seeking help and advice we try to make other people, ultimately to blame for our own health problems.

It isn't even necessarily a person or group of people we put blame/responsibility on, but any other thing outside of ourselves. It's important in this context because it doesn't make sense to spend 20 minutes a day at Bates exercises and otherwise neglect the issue (in attitude and actions) and spend the rest of the day giving away power and responsibility for your eyesight to those earlier 20 minutes. All that's doing is delegate the responsibility to something that doesn't even exist anymore, the 20 minutes. You are the sum of what you continually do in every moment.

Someone who says "why would you listen to someone else other than your doctor?" is so far away from being capable of assuming responsibility. Not that doctors can't be of value, but it isn't really about doctors. People like that will blame everything they're involved in on someone or something else and live at the mercy of everything. Honestly I don't see how it's possible to get anything done that way.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Thanks for the responses everyone,

About the whole doctors and pills as the only answer ...

I know someone who went to the dentist and they had a spot on their tooth that might have been a cavity in the making and the dentist told them to brush 2 times a day daily until the next check up and sure enough when the next check up came around he had 3 cavities!

I hope one day everyone will question authority. We all have as much authority as the next person. George Carlin had said
Quote:“I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.”
, that is one of my favourite quotes. Tongue If that quote is insulting replace the "Pope" part with something else you see fit Smile

Good luck everyone,
blauw
blauw Wrote:Thanks for the responses everyone,

About the whole doctors and pills as the only answer ...

I know someone who went to the dentist and they had a spot on their tooth that might have been a cavity in the making and the dentist told them to brush 2 times a day daily until the next check up and sure enough when the next check up came around he had 3 cavities!

I hope one day everyone will question authority. We all have as much authority as the next person. George Carlin had said
Quote:“I have as much authority as the Pope, I just don't have as many people who believe it.”
, that is one of my favourite quotes. Tongue If that quote is insulting replace the "Pope" part with something else you see fit Smile

Good luck everyone,
blauw

Wow, that is an insanely good quote. I think I'll add that to my quote-book. That's just... wisdom.
(Hate to double post, can't edit last post)

BTW: That quote is from George Carlin. Thought you'd like to know.
Mrcondo Wrote:(Hate to double post, can't edit last post)

BTW: That quote is from George Carlin. Thought you'd like to know.

George Carlin is possibly my favorite comedian, he was extremely funny, and most of what he brought up was common sense and wisdom, he does swear a bit, but he gets his point across.

R.I.P. George Carlin

Good luck all,
blauw
Actually their are some nearsighted people with low prescriptions that should wear their glasses for reading,if they habitually read too close.
The glasses will make them push the work farther away,thus eliminating strain.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download