MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Bates Optometrists and reduced eyeglasses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bates Optometrists and reduced eyeglasses
I need help finding two things for readers of my website.
People try the Bates method, it works, but then ask me how to get reduced eyeglasses because their vision is clearer and present lenses are too strong.
Most people tell me their optician, optometrist will not work with Bates method and will not prescribe reduced lenses.
These people are E-mailing for help from all over the world. usa, china, south america, mexico, india, europe...

1 - Is there a list of optometrists/ophthalmologists that work with Bates method students and will write prescriptions for reduced eyeglass lenses in USA, Mexico... and overseas. I need this list to post on the website for readers. I know that Natural Vision Improvement teachers have this list but people must first pay $200.00-$300.00 for an in person course in order to get the list. I need a list of doctors for every country so students do not have to travel far.

2 - Also: Need list of businesses thet sell reduced lenses. Zenni-optical and others on http://www.visionsofjoy.org will do it, but people tell me they still need that doctors reduced prescription to give to the optical companies in order to get the reduced prescription mailed to the student.

Clark
I imagine there are laws against prescribing 'incorrect' lenses. I would expect that most if not all real doctors would think they ethically cannot prescribe anything other than the 'correct' lens strength. I've never tried the method, just stopped using my glasses/contacts. But if someone wanted to get lenses that were less than their 20/20 prescription, couldn't they just tell the optician during the exam that the prescription seemed too strong? Or even say that 'number 1' was better than 'number 2' at some point? I don't know.
On a somewhat related note, I need to renew my driver's license by November. I would like to attempt the vision test without lenses. I'll have to have my lenses available though since I must have a license. Has anyone in Virginia or a similar state gone through the procedure? I haven't researched the Virginia requirements yet.
Martin Sussman's Cambridge Institute for Better Vision website has a "Find an Eye Doctor" page here:
http://www.bettervision.com/doctorlist/s...allist.php

It probably doesn't cover all the areas people need it to, but it's a start
Reply to Clark and Martin:

Subject: Obtaining any lens. Owning any lens

There can be no law against you obtaining any lens. These "laws" are not designed to protect YOU. They are designed to prevent you from getting low-cost lenses for your own PERSONAL use. This would be like attempting to prohibit you from obtaining blood-pressure measurement equipment. You can't hurt yourself by making that measurement. In the same way, you can't hurt yourself by looking at a Snellen and using a "test" lens to determine the minimum minus necessary to pass the state DMV. But that does "by-pass" the optometrist. Whether you wish to do this -- should never be againt the "law". Perhaps a person on i-blindness can explain this "law" to us. Zennioptical.com sells lenses for $8

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.zennioptical.com/cart/home.php">http://www.zennioptical.com/cart/home.php</a><!-- m -->

I have some test lenses myself, in 1/4 diotper steps. I confirm my Snellen at 20/40 or better and my refractive STATE at +1/2 diopter.

Subject: Legal line you must pass for the DMV.

Find the requirements for you state here:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lowvisioncare.com/visionlaws.htm">http://www.lowvisioncare.com/visionlaws.htm</a><!-- m -->

Subject: Checking your visual acuity at home.

Just click here:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.smbs.buffalo.edu/oph/ped/IVAC/IVAC.html">http://www.smbs.buffalo.edu/oph/ped/IVAC/IVAC.html</a><!-- m -->
and then on "Display" several times

Back up to 20 feet and see if you can read the 20/60 line

Click on display to get random letters.
Thanks everyone!
Otis, Great!!
I will pass this on to the people.
I know seniors that are forced to get expensive prescriptions from the doctor medicare assigns to them.
Zenni-optical is a great option!

Clark
Australia

Sydney:
Jenny Livanos: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://naturaleyecare.com.au/">http://naturaleyecare.com.au/</a><!-- m -->
Melbourne:
Vivian Rutter: 9546 6619

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now