MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Ordering "Glasses" On-Line -- Astigmatism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ordering "Glasses" On-Line -- Astigmatism
Dear Friends,

Subject: How to convert you prescription to "no astigmatism".

I truly hate the "astigmatism" prescription.

It is very rare that that "adjustment" would prevent 20/20. If less that 2 diotpers (cyl) or (astiigmatism) I always INSIST that I get a "spherical" prescription, i.e., NO CYC.

I have never had a problem with this sincere request. But if I ever did -- I would find another OD who would comply with my request.

Since some of you are ordering "reduced" glasses on-line, here is how you "convert" a "prescription" to Spherical-Equivalent:

You simply divide the Astigmatic part in half, and then add it to the first part of the prescription. Just ignore the "angle" part of the prescription.

For Example -- you have this prescription:

-2 diopters, Cyl -2 diopter, Angle 75 degrees.

This becomes:

- 2 diotpers - 2 diopters astig / 2 = -3 diopters (Spherical Equivalent).

As always, check your Snellen, with this change, and I think you will always pass the DMV with it -- as required.

Best,

Otis

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download