MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
I need a hug.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need a hug.
Just need a little encouragement. Sad

I am so confused.. I did an 8 week EFT (emotional freedom techniques - to try to deal with the emotional component) for eyesight course with no improvement.. in fact, it seemed to stop improvement! Weird.

I have started the Bershak method, but have an awful time doing the Ins and Outs. I can't see the far chart and it's really discouraging. I suppose I could get closer, but I've heard it should be 7 ft away.

I feel like I made more improvement before I ever got "serious"... in fact, I even wore my contacts sometimes until April of this year! Since I stopped, I just don't notice as much improvement. Sometimes I feel I don't deserve to see. I put on my strongest wearable (-4, -4.75, last year's 20/40's) glasses for a minute earlier just to remember what it was like to actually see every tiny detail. It scared me because I felt I was hurting my eyes. I took them off and put them away of course.

Anyway, I keep wondering if I am trying too hard or not trying enough, and I never know what to do. Thanks for listening Sad
A couple of things, with the disclaimer that these are my thoughts only or things that have worked for me, & may or may not apply to you.

I believe in EFT & have had great success with it. I've done the Carol Look 8-week EFT vision course & gotten something out of it, but EFT has helped me most when I was very specific about my own personal issues. I encourage you to keep playing & experimenting with it, using your own words & not a canned generic script, maybe (from your post)
Quote:Sometimes I feel I don't deserve to see..

I haven't spent time with the Bershak method myself. However if you are straining looking at something from 7 feet away, I can't see that it's helping you. If it were me I'd move it closer.

Finally, sometimes it helps me just to do the work, every day, without evaluating it constantly, worrying about whether I'm
Quote:trying too hard or not trying enough
(your words again). Look at all the people who give up on the Bates method because they don't see enough improvement, or don't see it quickly enough. That's not you!

OK, cheerleading session over. Consider yourself hugged & also kicked in the butt.
Thank you Nancy.
Have you tried the basics in Thomas Quackenbush's book; Shifting... on objects as a habit thoughout the day.
No exercise, no effort.
Some people like the 3-cups. Others say its artificial 3-D and strains, confuses the visual system, brain, eye muscles, similiar as 3-d on computer game screens.
I mix in Behavioral Optometry, old Bates method of Looking at, shfiting on real close and distant objects and/or identical eyecharts using both eyes, then one eye at a time, then both together again. Practice extra with a eye that has less clear vison to bring it up equal to the other eye, then both eyes to 20/20 and clearer.
Getting this step done, and just shift as a habit and vision comes clear fast, easy.
I like EFT and Robert Monroe's focus 10, 12... alpha... brain wave deep relaxation tapes but gained clear vision with only the Bates method. You want clear vision, then practice shifting... while thinking positive, happy thoughts. A combo of positive emotions and eyesight improvement in one.
No more 3-cups or other fusion games for me. Been doing it with other pictures again as fusion exercise in a new vision improvement book been reading and again it goofed up my convergence: Convergence, fusion of object to the distance slow, left image sputters & moves slow to merge. Also seemed to slow my brain function with my eyes.
Last time I practiced fusion using the 3-cups I kept seeing my table double when trying to write on it, like my convergence was stuck too close or too far.
Took a few days of practicing real, true, plain old fashioned switching close and far, looking directly at the distance, object of visual attention, shifitng, true central fixation on the object to return to normal convergence, divergence and fast, equal, easy fusion.
I notice Martin Sussman's website Doctor states not to do those fusiuon exercises if you have any type Strabismus. Maybe only with help of a eye doctor. I think best is the old way without the 3-D images.
HI, I'm new to this forum, but i've been doing Natural Vision Improvement, for 11 months now for presbyopia, I've gone from about 20/200 to 20/80, but for about 4 months i've not had any improvement in my base vision. Although I have clear flashes several times a day. I don't know what else to do i'm becoming discouraged and wonder if what I have is all i'm going to get? I've done EFT, meditation and I really believe that clear vision is in me because I've experienced it. I noticed most people with myopia seem to have the greatest improvement. I'm 54 and have just been informed I have the beginnings of cataracts, so i started with an herbal eyewash (Dr. Schultz eyebright formula. I wear pinhole glasses when I need to and reduced prescriptions when I go out to the store and such. I don't know anyone in my area to help me know what to try now. So, any suggestions or encouragement would be greatly appreciated. Thanx for listening. :|
Wow, going from 20/200 to 20/80 is pretty spectacular: I'd be thrilled rather than discouraged! Most of the teachers I know personally, including my behavioral optometrist, say "middle-aged sight" or presbyopia is usually much easier to cure than myopia, since you've got a lifetime of memory of clear near sight to remember and imagine which can help you now. Most of the people who post here are probably myopic since it's so common, plus we tend to be kind of obsessed about everything, including improving our sight! (This is true for me, at least; I shouldn't speak for anyone else.) Take a look at David's post on Looking at Details and Changing under the Bates section. This is how Dr. Bates improved his own presbyopia. And keep doing what you've been doing to get this far --- it's obviously working.
hmm... could you tell me more abt the emotions stuff?
i would gladly give you a hug!
i tried the martin sussman thing and it didn't work. i think it was because it was so mechanical, with a schedule and everything. bleh. keep on trying, you can only gain!

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now