MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Gene Younger of Portland, OR

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gene Younger of Portland, OR
Found a Bates teacher that seems neat and doesn't live too far from me(3hrs drive). Had a half hour phone consultation with him this morning and I'm getting a CD from him about palming. I never had huge success with palming but he gives it a lot of importance and specializes in teaching it. The CD includes hypnosis which I am now totally into. I'm taking two classes in hypnosis this week from another cool old man, Nickolas Vasilli.
Anyways, Gene does some Skyping with his clients and if you attend a flesh and blood class of his he feels fine about giving further instruction through Skype. Definitely going to do this.
I think I've found myself some great teachers!
Wow Gene Younger! I went on a road trip up to Oregon last july and had a session with him. Pretty disappointed in all honesty. He had kind of a stubborn approach and seemed to want to sell me things more than teach. I was only doing one session though, so maybe that was the reason...but i was hoping to get some insights and clarity (figuratively and literally) from him about mental strain and learn something new intellectually/emotionally in relation to vision...but maybe that's just a psychotherapists job. That is pretty cool though, how is your improvement coming along?
I have been getting good results. Of course, all improvement goes more slowly than we dream of but I have been getting real consistent improvement. With the CD you can work on your vision at the most important level: your mental relaxation and conscious/subconscious belief system. A Bates of life teacher/therapist is in a bit of a bind because only so much can be communicated in a few conversations. We are all set in our ways and paradigms. Not to be pedantic but, to change behavior takes time and consistency.

What was Gene suggesting you buy? I don't think he is out to cash in. He knows there is enormous benefit in the correct use of his recordings. He sent me a CD in the mail and let me mail back $15 dollars if I was happy with it. I believe that our value system plays a HUGE part in our recovery or failure to recover. If you would toss out $500 to fix a problem with you car but cringe and walk away from $15-$200(I have no idea how much a session costs) to recover your eyesight then that is going to have certain effects on the course of your life.
Not that you need to adjust your value system; I don't have the whole picture; but this is a prevalent problem.

The great thing about the hypnosis palming CD is that its effectiveness lies not in ideas and intellectualizing Bates, but in treating the emotional and feeling states, our agitated nervous system.
I think you are right to be looking to learn something on the emotional level in relation to vision. That and our attitudes towards our vision.

If I sound too blunt it is because I respect Gene and have had great experience with his CD recording. >Big Grin Smile
Well i'm actually glad you were blunt, that makes me reconsider. Because i went into it kind of skeptical and then sort of just looked for the downsides...i think i may definately have some pessimistic filters over my eyes, i've experienced a few teachers in the past that seemed totally all for the cash in...but why judge all that way huh?

Is there anything else on the cd along with the relaxing palming session?
The tracks on the CD are: Introduction, Preparation, How to Palm, Pointers, AM Practice, PM Practice.
The first 4 give super brief overview of Bates, description and explanation of palming, and information about NLP.
The last 2 are the guided hypnosis for first thing in the morning and right before bed.
I don't want to get too much into the details of the CD because I think it's best for people to approach hypnosis without a heap of expectations or assumptions.
Yes, I have been seriously attempting to change my beliefs on a subconscious level. If we see ourselves as not being able to have or deserve clear vision on a subconscious level I don't believe there is anything we can do to make long term improvement.
Interestingly and tellingly, I have had an inability to imagine myself seeing clearly. Just haven't been able to get any kind of picture in my mind's eye of myself seeing the world in clarity. Accordingly, haven't been able to produce a feeling of seeing the world clearly. I am just now being able to do this. I'll see if this has any effect or relation to my eyesight. Smile

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now