MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
the person who says it takes 35 years

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the person who says it takes 35 years
His posts are worse than mine

surely he is a troll or joking

My posts may have been bad and annoyed a lot of people, but hes much worse than me, I have no idea why he is on this forum
fuggles! You're too young to be reading my posts. Have you tried my two-mirror system yet? I created a set using two large styrofoam cups. I then cut a notch in each side across the diameter, and added some water for ballast, and then inserted an unlabeled CD. Then I moved them around on the desk until I found the position and angle for each cup/CD so that the overhead light is reflecting across my face/eyes - one for the right, one for the left. Then I recut the notches so the CDs are at the correct angle for that position. The effect is excellent. But you're too young to be reading my posts. Please stop.
im having progress palming etc, i dont need your advice
Once again, I find it ridiculous to "censor" Bates Method posts from us under-21's. Why would anyone forbid people knowledge about healthy practices?
Summon-Pretty-Peace Wrote:Once again, I find it ridiculous to "censor" Bates Method posts from us under-21's. Why would anyone forbid people knowledge about healthy practices?
I do agree. If that is really JMartinC4's attitude then he should stop posting here. Ideally young people should learn about the Bates method right after finding out that they "need glasses". Things might be a lot easier that way.
Daniel -
I simply don't want to be responsible for the underage person who 'overdoes' something (e.g., tries to drive without lenses), has an accident, and an investigation reveals they were sort of following directions from me.

I completely agree with you that the Bates Method should be introduced as soon as myopia is diagnosed. But we live in a dangerous, litigious world. Safety must come first.

As for my '35 years' projection - every case is different. I'm now thinking that the real problem is mis-alignment of the visual system (rather than any eyeball length issues), and that therefore once we determine how to realign the visual system (primarily the eyes), it should probably take about as long as it takes for braces to realign someone's teeth.

I think my method of positioning reflective surfaces at left and right peripheries is showing some promise as a method of realignment training to supplement the Bates Method. Today I moved them from desktop level to slightly below (in an open drawer) with good results. I am curious as to whether Dr. Bates accidentally, unconsciously or not may have been using some simliar reflective-surface technique to supplement palming, swinging, etc.

That's all for now. Back to my real job. :-\ ;D 8)

Daniel Wrote:
Summon-Pretty-Peace Wrote:Once again, I find it ridiculous to "censor" Bates Method posts from us under-21's. Why would anyone forbid people knowledge about healthy practices?
I do agree. If that is really JMartinC4's attitude then he should stop posting here. Ideally young people should learn about the Bates method right after finding out that they "need glasses". Things might be a lot easier that way.
k thanks

post a picture so i can compare it to the one i made
JMartinC4 Wrote:As for my '35 years' projection - every case is different. I'm now thinking that the real problem is mis-alignment of the visual system (rather than any eyeball length issues), and that therefore once we determine how to realign the visual system (primarily the eyes), it should probably take about as long as it takes for braces to realign someone's teeth.
In that case, I don't see why you have to constantly assert that vision improvement takes 35 years. . .
JMartinC4 Wrote:As for my '35 years' projection - every case is different. I'm now thinking that the real problem is mis-alignment of the visual system (rather than any eyeball length issues), and that therefore once we determine how to realign the visual system (primarily the eyes), it should probably take about as long as it takes for braces to realign someone's teeth.

Do you have studies to back this up? Do you have thousands of dollars worth of examination equipment, or are you just throwing your idea out to the wind, and trying to get others to catch on? I'm thinking it's the latter.

The Bates' method doesn't take 35 years. It can, but likely won't for a person who's dedicated to relearning to see. Not an easy step. I've been doing the method for 4 years, but my practice is not consistent. Had I been following a strict schedule of practice, I have no doubts I would have cured myself by now. There are people on this board who have cleared their eyesight. Their failure to return to this board, unfortunately, is a testament that they likely have retained that perfect vision.

Have you, or anybody else who's struggling along ever given the practice your full attention?

- Do you try to correct your vision habits every minute of every day?
- Do you try to eliminate stress in your life?
- Do you get plenty of exercise?
- Do you get plenty of sleep?

All of these are small steps into correcting your vision. The Bates' method is very simple, and not complicated in any way. We, in our busy society, tend to complicate things, including the Bates' method, and that hinders our progress, ultimately making it take longer. The more dedicated you are to exercising your bad habits out of you, and the less complicated you make it, the faster you progress. Your method seems overly complicated for a simple solution, and the timeline you have established will only serve to stress more people out, ultimately slowing any progress, if any, can be made.
Ben Hill Wrote:

Do you have studies to back this up? Do you have thousands of dollars worth of examination equipment, or are you just throwing your idea out to the wind, and trying to get others to catch on? I'm thinking it's the latter.

The Bates' method doesn't take 35 years. It can, but likely won't for a person who's dedicated to relearning to see. Not an easy step. I've been doing the method for 4 years, but my practice is not consistent. Had I been following a strict schedule of practice, I have no doubts I would have cured myself by now. There are people on this board who have cleared their eyesight. Their failure to return to this board, unfortunately, is a testament that they likely have retained that perfect vision.

Have you, or anybody else who's struggling along ever given the practice your full attention?

- Do you try to correct your vision habits every minute of every day?
- Do you try to eliminate stress in your life?
- Do you get plenty of exercise?
- Do you get plenty of sleep?

All of these are small steps into correcting your vision. The Bates' method is very simple, and not complicated in any way. We, in our busy society, tend to complicate things, including the Bates' method, and that hinders our progress, ultimately making it take longer. The more dedicated you are to exercising your bad habits out of you, and the less complicated you make it, the faster you progress. Your method seems overly complicated for a simple solution, and the timeline you have established will only serve to stress more people out, ultimately slowing any progress, if any, can be made.

Well said Ben Hill. By the way, what was your prescription before you practiced Bates method? And what is it now? You seemed like someone who progress well.
I don't recall my prescription when I started, but I do recall my eye exam results. I started off at 20/110 in both eyes. In order to get the job I wanted in the military, I had to possess vision that was no worse than 20/40 in the better eye, and 20/70 in the worse eye. I refused to believe that my eyesight would stop me, but I didn't want surgery either. So I dug, dug, and dug online, and finally found the Bates' method. I threw out my glasses and contacts, and started practicing every day, multiple times, even in the middle of high school between classes. Within 3 months, my vision was down to 20/35 in both eyes, and 20/40 in both eyes when I took the military eye exam.

Ever since I joined the military, it's been hard to find free time throughout the day to practice, but I still get in my nightly routine. My vision hasn't gotten worse than 20/60 since, and sometimes when I have the time to practice more often, it'll be back down to 20/40 or better.
Ben Hill Wrote:

I have a Bachelor of Science in Psychology from Michigan State University. I have the equivalent of an Associates in Engineering from Northern Virginia Community College. I have been a member of mensa. I went to law school for a year. I completed a semester in a Masters Program in Engineering Management, Ergonomics/AI at George Washington University. I took the entrance exam for the National Security Agency, and they flew me down from Michigan to Baltimore/Ft. Meade for a 2-day interview process during which I interviewed with three departments, and underwent additional testing, met with their psychiatrist, and discussed pay and benefits with an HR rep who told me I'd tested in the top 2% of the nation. The final hurdle was a polygraph which started at 12:00pm and finished at 3:00pm during which I told them of the full extent of my miserable pre-service college and high school drug use. They sent me a letter of rejection ('other more highly qualified applicants") on the same day that someone dropped a copy of Soviet Life on my doorstep.
The Bates Method needs teachers who have 20/20 eyesight. Trying to learn how to see without a seeing trainer is like trying to learn golf by reading a book. It won't work correctly 99% of the time. 35 years. Pretty good. Pretty, pretty, pretty good.
Hi everyone!
I'm still at the college and yes, I'm still in the ages that ends by -teen and no, I dont have 1000 diplomas in everything, but, I'm sure of one thing: It will not take 35 years! I remember of a Simpson's show that show a scientific in his wheelchair that said: Sometimes the smarter peoples are at the same time the most stupid one. In the same thinking, I know someone that is really intelligent but he had lost his driving license more than 3 time for drunk driving.

Don't do the children that cry that they don't have improvements when they close their eyes to not see how much they improved!
If you feel better, or have better sight, or if you can use your eyes more comfortably, you have improved and you are on the good way! Smile
By adapting intelligently the bates method to your own case and by keeping a good motivation and a more relaxed lifestyle, one can improve in much faster time than 35 years.

I will have perfect sight in much less than 35 years and any one, of any age, can get perfect sight by praticing enough!

Have a nice day of improvements!
-Alexandre
Personally, i want to have 20/20 or at least only -2 of myopia left in 1 and 1/2 years... :Smile

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download