MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
I've Already Had Lasik. Am I Damaged Goods?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've Already Had Lasik. Am I Damaged Goods?
I was extremely myopic all my life, and the most heartbreaking thing about it is that I have always been an "outdoorsy" sort of guy. All of my spare time was devoted to hunting, fishing, boating, hiking, and camping. Whenever any rain, fog, or sea spray got in my face, I'd have to stop what I was doing and wipe off my glasses. Contacts helped somewhat, but they presented their own set of problems.
Two years ago I decided I'd finally had enough and took the leap. I got lasik surgery.
To say I'm thrilled with the results would be a great understatement. None of the bad side effects happened, and it opened up a whole new world for me.
At my DOT physical a couple of months ago I tested 20/25. Pretty good, but I still have a little trouble reading small road signs. I firmly believe that too much time in front of the computer is causing harm.
I'm now wondering if the Bates method would improve my vision or at least help me maintain what I now have.
Is my re-shaped cornea too "damaged" to benefit from Bates? From what I've read here so far, there don't seem to be many fans of lasik on this board.
Have any of you heard of a lasik patient using the Bates Method before?
Any input would be appreciated.
Bates method is not affecting the cornea, but the eye muscles and muscular and neural systems in generally. The problem was never in your cornea. You "cured" a symptom, not the cause.

Like if someone has stomach pains from depression and has a stomach transplant, but he actually needs a shrink.

Lasik, the easy way, never made you lear to eliminate the strain, staring and other factors that causing errors of refraction, so you have to learn, find them, and eliminate them now.

If you had no side effects, i believe that you may be able to keep or improve what you have.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now