MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
EYEPORT?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EYEPORT?
By the last optometrist I visited I am recommended to use EYeport. I am not sure what it does and how exactly is helping. Does anyone here know or have used it?
The insturment I am talking about is invented by Jacob Liberman and the basic information can be found on his web site http://www.exerciseyoureyes.com/.

But I do not understand how it really works and will that have effect?

Thanks!

hi. I am also intersted in eyeport
and I don't know does it ust affect speed and "agility" of the eyes or it really makes me throw away my glassess and see sharp and fine in the distance? I am -1.5 on both eyes.

and another odd thing is I can't find any1 who has used the device on the internet to comment does it REALLY work.
I have one.

When I used it I was able to see better but that was only because the lens of my eyes was sharply flexed. It doesn't stay that way because the tension eventually dissipates.
noneother Wrote:I have one.

When I used it I was able to see better but that was only because the lens of my eyes was sharply flexed. It doesn't stay that way because the tension eventually dissipates.

I see.

So it isn't a lasting solution, you have to be training it every day.?

I'm currently working on Ortho-c lenses, check out my other posts.
this might WORK! :-)
cya Smile
I'm interested in the eyeport for my son, who apparently has '20/20' vision but is having trouble with convergence at close focus, and hence is having attention and reading difficulties. I'd like to use it as well once I clear up an astigmatic left eye.

I'm a bit confused when you say "the tension eventually dissipates". Did you use the eyeport for the recommended duration (if I remember correctly, it's to be used for 10 min per day for three weeks minimum)?
My optometrist recommended it also ,because I read too close with glasses on,and can not focus to read without them.
I used the eyeport with my son for about 6 weeks, it made a big difference with him. His particular issue was teaming, tracking, and mostly convergence, which are all worked on through the eyeport exercises. The vision therapist we originally went to wanted my son to work on some visual processing exercises as well, but had a very costly set of sessions they wanted us to buy into. I bought the eyeport from mercola.com and just started there instead.

We should have stayed with it longer than 6 weeks, but we missed a couple of sessions and fell out of the habit. It only took around 20 minutes per day. We'll be trying to pick up with it in the near future again.

I personally used it, and though I didn't notice any difference in my astigmatism, I did stop wearing my glasses. I've learned how to better use my eyes, and my "good" eye more than compensates for the eye with the astigmatism. After reading a few books on vision, it seems that the biggest issue with most folks is the set of habits we fall into when trying to focus on something.
According to the website, the device was designed for use to fix tracking, convergence and similar problems. It has not been evaluated for correcting errors of refraction. So, I'm not using it right now, because that isn't where my problem is, but those with problems related to tracking will likely find it useful.
FIAT2LUX Wrote:According to the website, the device was designed for use to fix tracking, convergence and similar problems. It has not been evaluated for correcting errors of refraction. So, I'm not using it right now, because that isn't where my problem is, but those with problems related to tracking will likely find it useful.

Have you found anything effective in correcting refractive errors? The exercises I've tried thus far haven't really helped my astigmatism.

I've read that the ciliary body can more than compensate for issues with surface topography, and that the 'trick' is to be able to relax properly and instill new habits when trying to focus. There are times for me when these new habits work quite well, and other times when I feel like my vision is getting worse.
mdos,
You wrote
Quote:There are times for me when these new habits work quite well, and other times when I feel like my vision is getting worse.
When I started doing vision practice in a dedicated way, starting from a prescription of -10, the swings in acuity were alarming. I was used to my vision being pretty stable with my hard contacts, only getting even worse if I was over-tired (I didn't pay that much attention to my visio back then).

Now that I'm probably between -2 and -4, which is a guess because I almost never wear glasses, my vision still varies, though not as wildly. I appreciate the clarity, and take the blur as meaning I need to pay more attention right then to my looking habits. My point is to accept these fluctuations and see the overall upward trend, not focus too much on a brief time of "bad vision". It will pass if you do the right things.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now