MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
what happened to otis?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what happened to otis?
I haven't seen otis posting in about 5 months.
I kicked him off. Long story, and I've probably forgotten half of it. Basically it boiled down to him taking advantage of this forum to promote his own ideas about plus lenses for myopia and hating eye doctors. He has no interest in any part of the Bates method or in applying it himself. I explained things to him many times about what the forum was for and why he was being disruptive, and tried to find a way that he could fit, but he just didn't have any respect for the forum's purpose and would keep finding new ways around what I asked of him. The sheer volume of his posts made it a problem. There were thousands of posts. For a while I allowed everything. He tried hijacking nearly every thread and posted new threads with the same kind of content every couple of days. You don't see any of this now, because I had blocked or deleted probably 95% of his posts over time and at one point I set things up so I could manually approve or reject his posts every few days. After a few years of this it came down to me not wanting to spend any more of my time accommodating him.

Other opinions about vision are allowed. It was a matter of sheer volume and how he went about it, basically taking over the forum if I let him. There's nobody else here who is close to being a problem, so nobody needs to be concerned. We've got a pretty good group going now.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Dave, thanks for the explanation. I believe this happened with Robert Lichtman's Effortless Vision too, so no one can accuse you of over-reacting. We appreciate your wise management of this place.
Remember folks, check your Snellen!
Plus lenses is not Bates Method. I hear people develope cataracts after wearing close vision lenses. I think this is a main cause of cataracts in seniors who get stronger and stronger lenses for reading. Are Plus Lenses same as close vision lenses?
I learnt things from Otis. Too bad he likes the Plus Lenses.
clarknight Wrote:Plus lenses is not Bates Method. I hear people develope cataracts after wearing close vision lenses. I think this is a main cause of cataracts in seniors who get stronger and stronger lenses for reading. Are Plus Lenses same as close vision lenses?
I learnt things from Otis. Too bad he likes the Plus Lenses.

Agreed.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now