MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
my myopic and depression

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my myopic and depression
i am very myopic and im severely depressed
i have read that the eye sight is very much related to the emotion

so i was wondering if i can fix my depression by doing bates exercises
or should i work with my depression first and then work with the eye exercises

for some reason i find it very comfortable to palm laying on bed with my face down.
i do it with my back of hands on pillow and put my head over my palms
of course i make a little ball in my hands so that my heavy head wont pressure my eye balls
is the way i do the palming alright?
i forgot to mention that my english isnt very good so bare with me
If you were born in a modern American (or most other industrialized countries') hospital after 1956, you received within two hours of your birth, an antibiotic 'treatment' of probably erythromycin or even silver nitrate, into one eye and then the other, which rendered your vision a blur for up to 72 hours. No wonder you're depressed! You can overcome the effects by following the Bates Methods. Smile Sad :o :-\ Smile 8) O0

goohsm Wrote:i am very myopic and im severely depressed
i have read that the eye sight is very much related to the emotion

so i was wondering if i can fix my depression by doing bates exercises
or should i work with my depression first and then work with the eye exercises

for some reason i find it very comfortable to palm laying on bed with my face down.
i do it with my back of hands on pillow and put my head over my palms
of course i make a little ball in my hands so that my heavy head wont pressure my eye balls
is the way i do the palming alright?
you are saying theres no wonder i have depression because
i went through an antibiotic 'treatment' when i was born just like every other people born in most industrialized countries just like everybody else??
you are saying like people born in most industrialized countries hospital after 1956 gets depressed in their life because they received an antibiotic 'treatment' at birth.
its hard for me to understand your method of making point that i have depression because i had the exact same treatment that everyone had
Fortunately for all of us, there is tremendous variation in human beings.
We need to do longitudinal studies to see if the eye that is treated first is always the eye which develops worse (or better?) vision.
We need to do studies to see if the rate of myopia prevalence and progression is the same in people who do/did not receive the treatment. We already know that it is not the same for underdeveloped countries. Read the literature - The etiology of myopia remains undefined by the science that has attempted to measure and understand it for 100 years. They would like to blame it on education, but I'm thinking - Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, anyone? Deep rest. Deeeep rest. "We shall know the Truth, and the Truth (plus the Bates Method) shall set us free."
Smile
goohsm Wrote:you are saying theres no wonder i have depression because
i went through an antibiotic 'treatment' when i was born just like every other people born in most industrialized countries just like everybody else??
you are saying like people born in most industrialized countries hospital after 1956 gets depressed in their life because they received an antibiotic 'treatment' at birth.
its hard for me to understand your method of making point that i have depression because i had the exact same treatment that everyone had
Not sure mate...
Bates' method is for vision treatment and improvement, the emotional effects is another story.

I strongly suggest you to not use Bates' method alone for depression treatment.
I used to be very depressed and it is a terrible illness. I don't trust that you can really get help from traditional medicine for your depression, the same way as they don't know how to cure your eyesight. However, you can try. Group therapy can sometimes help in a sense that it will "get you out" and will help you maybe think what you can do for yourself. Antidepressants could help for a while, but they never helped me. Although I have heard of people who only needed the medication for a while and then they got better.
I believe that our depression is a bad habit, the same way as myopia. I love it how Bates describes the school system. The way we are supposed to learn things makes us so bored and the way they test our knowledge makes us so nervous that no wonder myopia (and depression in my opinion) becomes so common. People living under primitive condition in the wild never become either shortsighted nor depressed. Finding things you love and doing what excites you may be the key. If you find the possibility to cure your eyesight exciting, then in theory, that can also help you with your depression.
When feeling depressed, lying down doing palming has never helped me. I believed I was doing something good for myself but I just kept falling asleep. In fact, palming is most useful with an alert mind. If depressed, do your swing instead, in good lighting. Then when in a better mood, do your palming and swinging alternately for the best benefits.

Cheers,
Andrea

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now