MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Eyebody

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eyebody
I received a PM asking what I knew about Peter Grunwald's Eyebody method, which I've written about in my blog and on forums. I'll respond to the PM publicly here so everyone else can benefit too. Last summer I attended Peter's week-long workshop, and here are a few blog posts I wrote after I came home: http://dreamersight.wordpress.com/catego...dy/page/4/ The July 5 post is right after the workshop. I'll be attending again this year.

A quick summary: Peter lives in New Zealand and travels all over the world giving vision improvement workshops. He grew up in Germany and was about -10, slumped and with a bad stutter, when he undertook Alexander Technique training to correct his stutter and posture. Then he thought, why can't I learn to control my vision too? He trained under Janet Goodrich before she died for a year and a half of extensive Bates work, and now wears no glasses at all. I was drawn to him myself because most of the vision improvement gurus I was aware of, except for Meir Schneider, didn't have very severe myopia like I did. Peter's website is http://www.eyebody.com/ where you can find more information.

My blog has categories of my posts, and whenever I mention Eyebody I add the post to that category, so you may want to poke around here too if you're interested -- my blog link is below. Just a disclaimer: Peter's method is not a quick fix at all, it's more about awareness than about "exercises", just like Bates work is, with a strong foundation of Alexander Technique work so you're aware of what your entire body is doing.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now