MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Tense muscles all the time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tense muscles all the time
Why do I feel something in my eyes and right cheek all the time? I'm myopic -1 in both eyes.

Is it because of my wrong vision habits? I try relaxing and doing Bates but the feeling would just stay there for ever. It feels like tense muscles.

I need an understanding of this because I don't even do a lot of Bates since the feeling just remains and it feels as if I can do nothing to help it.

I read a while ago from David that "you create the tension every moment". How am I creating this tension every moment? Thanks.
Possibly an unconscious memory of something unpleasant - it should go away after a while.

Mihai_alexandru Wrote:Why do I feel something in my eyes and right cheek all the time? I'm myopic -1 in both eyes.

Is it because of my wrong vision habits? I try relaxing and doing Bates but the feeling would just stay there for ever. It feels like tense muscles.

I need an understanding of this because I don't even do a lot of Bates since the feeling just remains and it feels as if I can do nothing to help it.

I read a while ago from David that "you create the tension every moment". How am I creating this tension every moment? Thanks.
Try the method of Leo Angart, do palming for 1 minute but frequently. Do sometimes swing to relax the muscles. Try don't to think about bad memories and with the eyes closed don't try to force any images. See just want appears.
Mihai_alexandru, if your eyes and cheek always hurt, yes, you are straining somehow. The whole key is to find out how, then gently see if you can release it. You could try squeezing your eyes shut hard, then relaxing them, a few times, to bring awareness to those muscles and see if you discover anything. See this as a treasure hurt -- you are looking for how you're straining, to bring that unconscious habit to conscious awareness, so then you can let it go. This is where a teacher is invaluable, as they can observe you and probably notice things you don't realize you're doing. Check your posture and breathing, but from the eye/cheek pain, you're probably doing something like clenching your jaw or squinting. Notice this part of your face when you do the long swing, or take a relaxing walk out in Nature, to see if there's any change. Also, if your only -1 you can probably go without your glasses at most times. Just don't TRY to see -- let yourself see. Good luck.
I tried contracting, relaxing and concentrating on it but it won't work.

The feeling is VERY intense in my right cheek, not so much in the eyes.

The only time when I got cured was when I was sitting with a blank mind for 3 seconds not thinking about anything then BOOM everything reverted to normal, all tension went away and my vision was perfect. I started fearing that it won't last for ever and in 1 min it reverted back to "normal".

??? ??? ??? I don't know what to do, please help.

P.S. I'll stop clenching my jaw.
P.S.S. I do not wear glasses and I think I'm actually lower than -1, -0,75 maybe. My vision is decent, I just have to get closer to see some type but I'm 18 and I'll be wanting to drive a car so I need my perfect vision back.
Yes, stop clenching your jaw.

Second, throw the damn glasses away and forget about them. Never thing about when your vision was imperfect, even if its not still perfect. You can do anything you do everyday with -1 myopia. Even with -3 you can. Put on your mind that you will never wear glasses again and you can only see naturally. Leave to yourself no alternative, put all this stuff in your subconscious mind and don't think about them.

Third, try to take your attention away from your eyes. Play a video game or something. Watch a movie, listen to music do something that relaxes you.

Forth, PALM !!!

Quote:The only time when I got cured was when I was sitting with a blank mind for 3 seconds not thinking about anything then BOOM everything reverted to normal, all tension went away and my vision was perfect. I started fearing that it won't last for ever and in 1 min it reverted back to "normal".

You had a clear flash up there, but that caused a "shock", maybe because your mind saw this change as unormal because it it used to read the wrong as right. Be proud that you made it that far. You can actually be treated any minute now.
Congratulations !!!
Ares with -3 is not possible leave the glasses all the time. I have -3.25 each eye and i need them when i'm in computer. Without them i don't feel comfortable.
If you were born in a hospital and received neonatal antibiotic eye treatment, here is what your unconscious mind probably has to deal with:

When you were born, if you were a normal baby, you had perfect eyesight. Unfortunately you were only allowed to have that clear vision for a few minutes before it was taken away from you by the instillation of antibiotic eye ointment or drops which kill bacteria and prevent chlamydia/gonorrhea/syphlitic blindness, but which also rendered your perfect vision a terrible blur for many, many minutes. Also, one of your eyes probably received more of the treatment than the other, because you would have squeezed both your eyes shut after the first eye was treated, making it difficult for them to get the treatment into the second eye.

But you were (hopefully) being soothed during that blurry time. Supposedly the blurring would wear off and your perfect vision would have returned. If one or both of your parents had good vision and understanding they might be able to help you overcome the blur memory. But even so, that is one awful memory to have implanted in an infant's brain. No physical damage or evidence (usually) remains - only the probable mental/emotional scarring. There would be a latency effect which could result in later myopia under stress.

A clear flash occurs when you accidentally or purposefully manage to resurrect that perfect vision - but the unconscious memory immediately blurrs it - perhaps by making you go motionless, or stop breathing, or slightly curl into a fetal position, or fixate your focus at an incorrect distance. After all, blurring your perfect vision is what the soothing people and loving mother/parents did to you, so it must be okay, subconsciously.

If this is the case - and it isn't necessarily since there are probably other ways of developing blurry vision - you can counteract it using the Bates Methods (which apparently also work with other kinds of common myopia). But remembering this possible cause could be very helpful.

Mihai_alexandru Wrote:I tried contracting, relaxing and concentrating on it but it won't work.

The feeling is VERY intense in my right cheek, not so much in the eyes.

The only time when I got cured was when I was sitting with a blank mind for 3 seconds not thinking about anything then BOOM everything reverted to normal, all tension went away and my vision was perfect. I started fearing that it won't last for ever and in 1 min it reverted back to "normal".

??? ??? ??? I don't know what to do, please help.

P.S. I'll stop clenching my jaw.
P.S.S. I do not wear glasses and I think I'm actually lower than -1, -0,75 maybe. My vision is decent, I just have to get closer to see some type but I'm 18 and I'll be wanting to drive a car so I need my perfect vision back.
Quote:...my vision was perfect. I started fearing that it won't last for ever and in 1 min it reverted back to "normal".
Seeing clearly is normal.
DaniFixe Wrote:Ares with -3 is not possible leave the glasses all the time. I have -3.25 each eye and i need them when i'm in computer. Without them i don't feel comfortable.

That's exactly why you need them. You allow your mind to ask all the time for them to "cheat" and see better the easy way. We actually made to seek the easiest way, and is natural for your mind to want to "cheat" a little.

I am very very sure, that you can use the computer without them if you totally forget about glasses, relax and feel comfortable like when you wear the glasses.
Even better, palm some minutes before and when you feel strain to be created.

You will see better or normal, or you will have a clear flash in the distance you are working, or in generally.

Try it! Wink

JMartinC4, i hear about the same thing all the time. It sound a bit like a conspiracy theory, but i am putting it under consideration. But my eyesight became worse when i was in kindergarten and people here used to yell to us, threaten us, or even strike use physically. You thing that it might be related with the eye drops you are talking about?
Yup. Unconscious memory of clear 20/20 (or 30/30? or 20/10 or 30/10?) vision then soothing people who gave us blur combined with stress, in a soothing hospital environment. Unable to properly bond visually with parents. We start our visual life with our orientation/positioning/alignment skewed. It is the first wrong thing we're taught or forced to learn. I wonder how it compares with post-traumatic stress disorder.
Ares Wrote:JMartinC4, i hear about the same thing all the time. It sound a bit like a conspiracy theory, but i am putting it under consideration. But my eyesight became worse when i was in kindergarten and people here used to yell to us, threaten us, or even strike use physically. You thing that it might be related with the eye drops you are talking about?
Hi Mihai,

I feel some strong odd pains sometimes, too. Bates wrote something like this: All errors of refraction cause pain and tension. The pain and discomfort may be absent, however, in the chronic conditions, therefore it is an encouraging sign when a patient begins experiencing them. (sorry I don't have my book with me right now, but I think I quoted it almost perfectly, since I think about this line so much!) My pains have been in my eyes, back of my head (they called that migraine) and I have almost constant pain in my neck and shoulders, which I have lived with for decades and just blocked from my concious mind. I recently got to a point in my life that I had enough of this and came back to the Bates Method. Read his chapter on Central Fixation, I had to read it many times to understand it and still each time, it shocks me what a genious he was! Everything he says seems to be true for me!!! :-)
Another thing: when they tell you that you need to wear your glasses all the time and you have to get used to them. Basically your brain gives in to this pain since there is nothing it can do about it and begins to subconciously block it. However, if you do that, you will still have the tension and you will go through the rest of your life feeling pretty miserable.

Cheers,
Andrea
Dunno what to do, I'm just sitting around with this myopia and not wearing glasses. I'm not doing any Bates at the moment. I just don't know why I feel my right cheek tensed all the time. My eyes are tensed too, but the cheek seems to be A LOT more tensed. Is my myopia tensing the right cheek, or the right cheek tensing my eyes and causing myopia?

Anyone can help me understand? If I understand I'll start the Bates method again.
Hi,

Your cheek is not tensing your eyes. Your eyes are not tensing your cheek. You are tensing your cheek, and you are tensing your eyes! I hope that clears things up.

A simple thing you can do is to lie on your back in a comfotable way. Let your head rotating slowly as if someone else is turning it side to side, pay attention to your breath (in other words, make sure you are breathing!). After you have relaxed a bit in this way, stop moving your head and just pay attention to how your face feels. Where is the tension? Where is relaxed? Can you consciously relax any of that tension? Then tap lightly with your fingers or massage your face lightly. Keep breathing and let your fingers gently loosen up your facial muscles. Let them become soft and warm. This massage will help you to relax both your facial muscles and eye muscles. After you have done the massage, pay attention again to your face. Is it less tense? This is a way to see if the massage was successful. Now imagine going through different activities of your day with this feeling of relaxation. Keep breathing! If this type of relaxation is a positive experience for you, then it is very likely that you will also gain benefit from the Bates method because it is all about paying attention to what helps you, and choosing relaxation instead of choosing strain.

also, why don't your repeat this:
"The only time when I got cured was when I was sitting with a blank mind for 3 seconds not thinking about anything then BOOM everything reverted to normal, all tension went away and my vision was perfect. I started fearing that it won't last for ever and in 1 min it reverted back to "normal"."

If it helped you before it will help you again!

best wishes!
Sorrisi
I don't understand how I'm tensing it. It just stays tensed all the time. Are my nerves damaged??? Are my face muscles chronically tensed?? BTW my right cheek is inflated a little, I even told other people about it and they said yes.

I think I'm going to read the Bates book again.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download