MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Palming

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Palming
Hello everyone! I was just wondering, can you close your eyes for like 20 hours and yours eyes will be relaxed and cured instead of palming?? ??? ;D
If that's all you want to do, you might need to do it for about 36 years before you'd see any results. At that point nature might take over anyway if you're not wearing any lenses and maybe you'll be one of the lucky few who regain their vision on a fluke like Dr. Paul Lowinger: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.lowingerpaul.com/second%20sight.html">http://www.lowingerpaul.com/second%20sight.html</a><!-- m -->
O0 :Smile Smile
AndrewB Wrote:Hello everyone! I was just wondering, can you close your eyes for like 20 hours and yours eyes will be relaxed and cured instead of palming?? ??? ;D
That makes no sense why do you need to palm for 36 years when alot of people have done this and fixed there eyes completely. And also how can three people under Bates care all fix there eyes after 24 hours of palming??

How can you prove it? :o
I don't think I've heard of anyone reversing a chronic vision problem by a long period of palming alone, other than the one case reported by Bates. Palming is generally just a first step.

Dave
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Can you please give me a schedule in what I should do and for how long everyday?? Such as palming, sunning, swinging, central fixation. etc. ;D

I'm considering buying the 'Relearning To See' book, but it isn't cheap in Australia.
AndrewB Wrote:That makes no sense why do you need to palm for 36 years when alot of people have done this and fixed there eyes completely. And also how can three people under Bates care all fix there eyes after 24 hours of palming??

How can you prove it? :o
I was being sarcastic. Sorry. Please forgive me.

But one possible answer, based on a theory it took me 36.5 years to come up with, is that some people with commonplace myopia develop it (or have it diagnosed - in my case I don't remember ever seeing very clearly and in 7th grade I was astonished at the magic of lens-assisted vision) between the ages of 7-15 as a result of having an unconscious memory of the hours-long blur imposed on them within an hour of their birth by the instillation of neonatal antibiotics. During Dr. Bates' time, and up until 1956, that would have been 1-2 drops in each eye, one at a time, of a caustic 1% solution of silver nitrate. One eye gets more of the treatment than the other because the infant squeezes both eyes shut after the first eye is treated. That would result in an unequal effect, skewing the infant's visual orientation, coordination and synchronization. Ever wonder why so many people have one eye with worse vision than the other?

Normal infants have normal vision (or are slightly farsighted) by all conventional physical measurements - but the antibiotics render their vision a complete and unequal blur for many hours (prior to 1956), or many minutes if not hours (since 1956). The parents are told, if anything, simply that newborns can't see very well. But little babies don't remember anything anyway - or do they?

Stress, such as being pressured to read or going through a growth spurt, can stimulate lots of bad things - such as latent unconscious memories, fight-or-flight responses, and even curling into a fetal position however slightly. Babies also go rigid, hold their breath, and do other things to signal their unhappiness until they get soothed.

Palming in commonplace myopia instances probably recreates a person's pre-birth environment. Uncovering and looking out after palming probably then momentarily stimulates the recovered memory of that relaxed normal eyesight before the instillation of the antibiotics. Then the unconscious blur memory - and the memory of being soothed so that perhaps blur is an okay thing - takes over again. [In my case, my mother says they whisked me away from her within a minute or less. She also says I cried a lot.] Nowadays and since the 50s, the antibiotics are less irritating, and there is often more time given within that first hour for the infant to remain with the mother for at least some of that formative bonding/imprinting period, and the blur effect supposedly doesn't last as long - but the eyes are still getting unequal treatment, the infant's vision is still blurred for many minutes if not hours, and is still soothed during that time. And if the parents are already myopic themselves? Good luck.

Lenses bend the incoming light rays, adjusting them to the person; Bates Methods adjust the person to the incoming light.
Thanks. I should develop a routine in combining all of Bates' Methods. Tongue
One reason Dr. Bates' methods need to be supplemented (such as with my simple unpatentable cd-in-a-cup clear flash stimulating biofeedback device) is that at this point 80+ years later the visual acuity of the general populations of most industrialized nations is not as good as it was in Dr. Bates' era - because doctors refused to believe him and his followers - just as they refused at first to believe germs cause disease. Also, from what I see, the less irritating neonatal opthalmologic antibiotics, combined with more and more parents, relatives, etc. whose vision is more myopic and/or more skewed than in Dr. Bates' era, are having an even greater skewing effect on the infants' developing vision, making it more and more difficult to reverse. I think if there is a greater understanding of the imprinting effect of antibiotic neonatal blur (and with more and more parents refusing the treatment when unnecessary) the current headed-for-a-cliff progression of general myopia could be averted. Understanding that the blur I am experiencing is the same blur I received and was soothed into accepting as a minutes-old newborn has given me a powerful lever to use against it. It is working.
the questions are: how long to palm everyday? can you cure your eyes by closing them for 20 hours?

The answer is you only know if you try, and don'tbe disappointed if it doesn't work. Out of the hundreds of cases that Dr. Bates reports, there is one where the guy palmed for 20 some hours and was cured. Everyone else palmed anywhere from 10 X 5 minutes per day or a few time 30 minutes per day, or an hour per day, or an hour a few times a day. For some people palming didn't help and just closing the eyes did help.

What I did was to palm for 5 minutes. Then 10, then 15, then 20, then 30 and so on. By doing this I found that for me, 20 minutes is the right amount of time. Everyone is different so you'll have do it yourself. In general, then I do that three times a day. I would do it more if I could! It's exactly the same with shifting and central fixation. Figure out if it works for you, then do it as often as possible. If that's only once per day, that's better than zero times per day.

Finally, keep the method simple. Palming and all other Bates methods are used to relax the mind and body. keep that simple aim in mind, and be aware of whether that is what you are doing or not.

If you are looking for a book that gives you a schedule of how much to practice and when, then you will be disappointed in Relearning to See. It has a very good scientific defense of the Bates method. It describes Bates method techniques. But it doesn't tell you how much to practice. Either you have to figure that yourself or get a different book. In the Vision Problems section of Meir Schneider's book: Handbook for Self Healing, he gives more clear guidelines that might suit your personality better. the best option would be to read Dr. Bates stuff online for free (central-fixation.com) and pay a Bates teacher for a correspondence lesson to ask questions!

Sorrisi

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download