MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Eyestrain while palming.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eyestrain while palming.
I get quite a lot of strain while im palming and however i try to relax i cannot stop it from happening, It feels lthe same as rolling your eyes up as high as they can go in your head and push to keep going, this is exactly what it feels like and its really annoying. Help me out? ???
You're either palming incorrectly or mentally straining, or both. Your palms should be cupped so they are not putting pressure on your eyeballs at all, and all light is shut out. Close your eyes gently, don't squeeze them shut. Imagine a pleasant scene, don't "try" to do anything. If it's still a strain, do something else.
Nancy Wrote:If it's still a strain, do something else.

That would be the case when something in your life is bothering you too much. Worrying can be a source of strain too - you have to get rid of it.
I have noticed this on swinging now as well as palming, pretty much the only thing that i dont feel this with is sunning, anyone have any advice?

I am almost incapable of visualisation.
IndigoGhost Wrote:I have noticed this on swinging now as well as palming, pretty much the only thing that i dont feel this with is sunning, anyone have any advice?

I am almost incapable of visualisation.

Incapable of visualization? I doubt it. You are probably straining to visualize just like you strain to see. Let your mind off the leash, give it some rest & you'll notice how easy and effective imagination is. Stop trying to direct your mind to rest, it will rest if you'll allow it to wander.
If you are looking at the Sun with eyes closed, I'd suggest you read the topic 'Not Fearing the Sun'.
Closing your eyes to the source of your sight is rather ironic.
I have a problem with visualisation because that part of my brain is not working correctly via a faulty gene, also i don't wanna look directly at the sun because I'm sure it causes the eye floaters. ^-^
IndigoGhost Wrote:I have a problem with visualisation because that part of my brain is not working correctly via a faulty gene, also i don't wanna look directly at the sun because I'm sure it causes the eye floaters. ^-^

Faulty gene? How can you tell?
You fear eye floaters? Big Grin They appear without looking at the Sun also - any bright surface or even clouds can also.
If you can remember any scene you ever saw, just one, you can visualize. Don't get trapped in that "faulty gene" story and stop yourself from improving.
Hi!
There is no such story of bad genes, but for sure, there is faulty strain. If you are very strained, it's possible that you can't visualize easily. If you can't visualize easily, try to listen to music that you like while palming. Think to anything while palming, take your time and relax. Choose the right time of the day to palm. You might see that it works perfectly when you wake up, or later during the day. The only way to know when is the best time is to experiment with it. If you can't find way to palm without straining, then you can practice other methods such as doing the long swing, blink/shift properly, jsut close your eyes to rest them.

Have a nice day of improvements!
-Alexandre
forget palming the eyes. palm the ears or the stomach, whatever you want. palming the eyes is overrated and just strains everything. we're supposed to let em alone and forget about them.
Overrated? It seems that you have had trouble letting go of the strain, probably you are forcing your mind to rest - that is counterproductive actually.

Someone Wrote:You Can Lead a Horse to Water but You Can't Make Him Drink.

The same applies to the mind. Once you let your mind loose, rest comes knocking on your door.
I also experienced some sort of a feeling like my eyeball was dragged inside, and I also feel the muscles on my faces streched
I'm wasn't pushing my palm or straining at all,I also thought that is the sign of your palming works
if that kind of feeling don't supposed to happen, then what are you supposed to feel when you palming?
im new to the bates method and need some advise. thx
abahlengkong Wrote:I also experienced some sort of a feeling like my eyeball was dragged inside

You are beginning to physically feel the effects of mental strain on your eyes & other parts of the body as well. Once you gain rest, these feelings disappear.
Music helps, it helps so much Big Grin
Hey! I am almost incapable of visualizing as well, i can't just imagine. In my mind, the protocol for visualization requires a strain on the beginning. Changing this "protocol" is something i haven't manage to do. I made progress of course, but i am not fully functioning.

Yes, Sun "causes" floaters. Actually causes awareness of the floaters you have floating around your eyeball possible from the time you where born. If you don;t degrease or eliminate strain, you will have them anyway. Also, in your strain increases, you are walking the path to retinal detachment and blindness.
Your choice. Keep the strain or kick it away.

Well, for guys who cannot imagine, there is a try. Focus on something sexual. A sexual fantasy. Think about anything you want without restrictions. Let your mind think without taboos or anything. It happens only on your mind right?
But if you can't even them imagine correctly, then you must have a serious problem or just low testosterone. Try working out. Wink

I think that the technique described is will not work for girls with result like in guys, but needs further testing.
Any guy i advised doing that, heaved significant result on many cases and not only eye strain.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now