MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
My left eye won't move inwards after strabismus surgery

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My left eye won't move inwards after strabismus surgery
I'm really sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I couldn't find a better place.

I had strabismus surgery performed on my left eye about 2 weeks ago. The inner muscle (closest to the nose) was, according to my surgeon, very tight, and it pulled the eye inwards. So he moved the muscle further back on the eye. The results are really nice. Except that there's one problem. I can't move my left eye towards my nose anymore. Well, not completely at least. I can move it a little bit inwards, but after a bit, it's just stuck and won't move further. When I look all the way to the right, I see double, because my right eye is able to move into that direction, and because my left eye can't, I see 2 different images.

I tried really hard to kinda force my eye into that direction, but it just hurts and it simply won't move. I think there's something wrong with the muscle now. Will this ever improve? Is this muscle "weakened" like this forever? Can a weakened eye muscle be trained somehow?

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies.
Not sure I understand the surgery. D id the doctor remove the end of the muscle that is attached to the eyeball and move/attach it to another area? I have heard it may be possible for a cut muscle to repair itself naturally to normal length, function but your surgery sounds different. Never heard of that before. Most docs will say the outer muscle is lazy and cut/shorten it to pull the eye out straight. This is usually a wrong diagnosis-as Dr. Bates says; the muscles are not weak, lazy, they are tense and functioning abnormally.
Dr. Bates will agree with your doctor, state that the muscle is tight/tense on the side that the eye turns to, pulling the eye in.
Your doctor should have avoided surgery and instead: have you do the Bates Method to relax the eye muscle so the eye will turn, move out normally. Can the surgery be reversed? I cant recommend this because surgery is always risky and damage to the muscle may occur. You can check my website for some help: http://www.cleareyesight.info
Dr. Bates Better Eyesight Magazines give many treatments for this condition: See 'Squint’.
David sells a clear copy of the Original magazines. http://www.batesmethodstore.com/index.ph...ucts_id=10 There are some partial copies free on the Internet.
Sorry I did not see this post earlier, been healing from a neck injury by a bad chiropractor, too much computer with bad posture and it affected my eyes. I can understand your problem with the eye movement and double vision:
Recently went to eye doctor for first time in 15 years. Cant give me any info on the neck injury or my lewft and right eyes movmeent, say not to worry. His assistant says yes; neck, head, eye muscles, nerves are all inter-related.
Neck injury and trying artificial 3-D fusion exercises (against advice of my Bates Teacher) goofed up my eyes fusion. Better as time goes by. Doctor tried to sell me glasses for fluctuating 20/40-60 to 20/20 vision with slight astigmatism. Said the Bates Method cant cure Nearsight. Knew he was lying because I used the Bates Method since HIgh school 37 years ago and keeps my vision clear. Doc Also sells laser surgery. Tested my eyes only by a machine, extremely stiff neck, no head or eye movement, fear from my neck, balance condition and sinus pressure. Sinus pressure, stress can cause lowered vision and temporary astigmatism. Had this all in the past when living in Worcester, MA polluted air and used Bates Method to bring the vision back to 20/20 and clearer. Moved to Boston by ocean, clean air, clear sinus, ears, eyes.
Used my home NAtural Eyesight Improvement Astigmatism and Snellen Eye Charts to practice and bring vision to clear by next day after the appointment. Don’t need the glasses. Just passed DMV without glesses. WIll go again, their tests are more relaxed. This guy is typical optometrist. Very hard to find one that teaches the Bates Method and tells the truth!
Doctor's will not tell you this: A temporary state of tension, lowered vision, astigmatism during a eye exam, and the doctor prescribing glasses with astigmatism correction: the glasses will maintain and increase the astigmatism, blur, leading to addiction to glasses, preventing a natural return to normal vision.

I hope you recover from this soon. I would find a Bates Method Behavioral Ophthalmologist for a second opinion. The eye has strong healing ability, can adapt to situations when left alone, no glasses, no surgery and you might regain normal vision with only the Bates Method.
Today eye doc had me come back and accept the glasses I threw in the trashcan. He wont make money from insurance if I dont keep the glasses so I went back. Told him I dont need the glasses and my vision is back to 20/20 and sometimes better lately after sinus cured and practicing extra time with Bates Method. Lady had me try on the glasses again and this time even more blurry through the lenses: the blur was very weird, like looking through watery syrup with stars, streaks around objects. Got pain in the eyes and a headache. Lady said I must get used to them. I told her I know that really means 'I must develop vision impairment, astigmatism again' to see clear through those strong glasses. Noone would listen. Ads for laser surgery on all their forms, answering machine... Idiots. Left glasses on floor in hall again and this time stepped on them, so are crushed and doc will not try to force them upon me. Childish of me! Yep! Gave them a copy of Dr. Bates old book. If I did not know Dr. Bates teachings I would of been a victim of these guys, wearing the glasses until my vision, eyes go downhill! People that live in these small cities, towns are at the mercy of these doctors that want to sell addictive eyeglasses, surgery! Senior citizens, the poor that do not have internet access to search for natural cures are completely dependent on the doctor to tell the truth: Most of these eye doctors hide Natural Eyesight Improvement from the public.

Clark Night
Also: found out that 90% of the determination for the eyeglass lense strength, state of clarity of vision was determined by a machine they had me look into: eyes, head must stay still and there is no object to look at, nothing to shift on. I'm staring into this red field and the doc takes a picture, scan? of the inside of the eyes. The person has no ability to use the eyes normally for the exam. Now wondering if this is safe? Says is not a Xray. Im not going back to any more eye docs.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download