MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Success, but need more encouragement

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Success, but need more encouragement
Hi guys,
I have a little good news to share among you.
I have been practicing the Bates method, It DEFINITELY works if you do it correctly
Though I have gotten the result,better eye degree in a month, I started to be busy again,once the holiday end, as I got to practice the method during holiday only, to the extent that I abandoned the eye relaxation.
Now I guess the degree is worsened,though I still practice sometime.
(I TRY TO ATTACHED THE EYE REPORT COMPARISON BEFORE AND AFTER BATES PRACTICES TO SHARE WITH YOU GUYS,BUT I CAN'T ATTACH ANY FILE!!!!,PLEASE HELP)
One more question,how did you improve on astigmatism?
I insipre to be a pilot, hope Mr bates's method really help me.
Thanks

Warm regards,
Anthony
post it on imgur.com
hi guys, sorry been busy recently..
here it is take a look :

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://imgur.com/fuc51">http://imgur.com/fuc51</a><!-- m -->

the most top is the previous eye check, whereas the lower one is the result after the practicing bates.
Wait. You managed to knock off about half a diopter in each eye in just one month and you need our encouragement? It seems to me that if you were able to improve significantly in a month's time, then you must have been doing something correctly. Why not go back to what it is you did when your eyes improved? Maybe you don't have as much time anymore, but you could try to apply what worked during the holidays into your everyday life. One important thing about the Bates method is that you continue to practice correct vision habits (or whatever it is you did) consistently over a long span of time. If it's really that important to you, I think you can find a way to incorporate the Bates method into your everyday life. And you already know what it feels like to exhibit improvement, so at least you know which way to go. Keep it up! Smile
hey what helped the most for you?
@pikachu, yes it's true in a way that I didn't have much time, but Bates method is even against orthodox optician belief, and I even laughed at by the optician when I downgrade my lens power, and so far, I only got LASIK as an answer whenever I talk about my eye deficiency and my ambition. Well,anyway, I'm quite convinced about bates after getting a book in my school library,readin it up,practicing and been getting the result after a month.
@noneother : basically,I just follow the first 2 basic method, they are palming and sunning,which I always do in the morning and around sunset time whereby it's not too hot.

Anyway guys,thanks for the reply,but before that,just one more question,beside the lower degree,my other condition like axis,and stuff which I thought is astigmatism,any idea how to improve them?
Astigmatism is one of those odd conditions that seem to fluctuate a lot. I could be wrong but I believe that if you improve your visual acuity, the astigmatism will, in general, improve or disappear. When it all comes down to it, all of these eye defections are all related to strain and as you relax, they should all go away (I might have oversimplified a bit there).
anthony353 Wrote:... Anyway guys,thanks for the reply,but before that,just one more question,beside the lower degree,my other condition like axis,and stuff which I thought is astigmatism,any idea how to improve them?
I have found that tilting my head left/right/forward/backward (gyroscopically) helps adjust for and counteract astigmatism. It is like when the optician used to rotate the lens to get my prescription - the rotation counters the astigmatism. So, instead of a rotated lens, I rotate my head a little.
anthony353 Wrote:Anyway guys,thanks for the reply,but before that,just one more question,beside the lower degree,my other condition like axis,and stuff which I thought is astigmatism,any idea how to improve them?

Anthony,
I think Bates method can be divided into an eye arobics part (you know moving the eyes in all kinds of directions and circles, focus near/far,
I think you know what I mean) and a relaxation part (palming for instance).

I have very much in the past exercised the arobics part in the Bates method.
I didn't get lower degree due to the eye arobics, unfortunately, this disappointed me.
But, my astigmatism disappeared at least due to the eye arobics !

Now, recently I decided to try the relaxation part of the Bates method to see if I can get lower degree with it.
That is why I joined this forum.

So your result looks promising to me, thanks for info.
Hi all thank you for the answer,really appreciated definitely,I'll try those method out.If you have been wondering,I didn't practice all bates method, like central fixation...etc.because I don't really understand.so I just try those I know like palming and sunning with eyes closed.Pardon me but I still felt that the rest are very technical, though I read a few times, I just simply can't get it.... Anyway,I'm quite glad to get the little result.
I'll update you guys if I have any good news,though it may take long .I believe it's good to share.
All the best for you all Big Grin
anthony353 Wrote:...Anyway guys,thanks for the reply,but before that,just one more question,beside the lower degree,my other condition like axis,and stuff which I thought is astigmatism,any idea how to improve them?
Another thing with astigmatism that I figured out is that the 'tear film' is probably being disturbed in the astigmatic eye. For normal eyesight, each cornea needs to be smoothly and continuously covered with a clear film of tears created by the tear ducts and another gland in the bottom eyelid. Dry eyes and incorrect blinking will mess up the tear film and degrade the eyesight.
Before I found that out, I had realized my own astigmatic eyes were often too dry. So, for about a year I constantly moistened my eyes - either with water, artificial tears, or my own spit. I also had to become more aware of my blinking habits - which, if not done properly, tend to disturb the already fragile tear film, which, in the normal sighted eye, not only moistens but smooths the cornea to improve the focusing power and adjust for normal out-of-roundness.
Eventually my eyes seemed to realize what was needed, and now I only need to 'refresh' them a few times a day.
Finally, I also realized that I unconsciously squeeze the fronts of my eyes - not only with the eyelids but with the eyebrows and sockets/cheeks. So I have to remember to often stretch my eyes wide open.
So, in summary, to improve astigmatism: 1) keep the eyes moist; 2) use gyroscopic head tilt to counter the astigmatic viewing angle; 3) frequently stretch the eyebrows, lids, and sockets/cheeks in order to stop squeezing and to relax the fronts of the eyes; 4) develop better(usually more frequent) blinking habits.
JMartinC4 Wrote:Another thing with astigmatism that I figured out is that the 'tear film' is probably being disturbed in the astigmatic eye.

JMartinC4,
I found that the eye arobics REALLY cleans my eyes as I am pollen allergic.
Itching, redness, tearing made me rub my eyes to crazy when I was a kid.
But the Bates arobic cleansed my eyes such that I didn't have any problem with my allergic eyes anymore.
I guess the arobics improve the tearfilm since it becomes cleaned and more evenly distributed too.
So I felt refreshed by doing the arobics, that is why I continued doing it.
You can also do the eye arobics with closed eyes, after a while, improves tearfilm (eye surface).

But actually I think the arobics makes the eyemuscles become more equally tensed (or something),
and this improves astigmatism.
hammer Wrote:JMartinC4, I found that the eye arobics REALLY cleans my eyes as I am pollen allergic. Itching, redness, tearing made me rub my eyes to crazy when I was a kid. But the Bates arobic cleansed my eyes such that I didn't have any problem with my allergic eyes anymore. I guess the arobics improve the tearfilm since it becomes cleaned and more evenly distributed too. ...
That sounds great, hammer. I have seen the Paul McCartney video where he demonstrates his yoga eye method which seem similar to the 'aerobics' method. I think one thing to become conscious of here is that when people talk about the so-called 'myopic' eyeball being 'too long' so that the image is brought to a focus in front of the retina, they conveniently omit the fact that the only part of the eyeball which is 'too long' is the front part of the eye. (I read that in a link from one of the posts by clarknight or johnwayne I think.) It wouldn't take much squeezing to make that area bulge just enough to cause a misfocus. Also, the spot on each retina which the image has to be focused on, the fovea, exists as a crater or pit because it consists only of cones which are about 2/3 the length of the surrounding rods. So any stress that bulges the front of the eye is going to make it doubly difficult for the light to reach those cones.
As for 'rubbing' your eyes - that was something I did also, and still do - but now I make sure that whatever I'm rubbing them with is very, very moist.
JMartinC4 Wrote:
hammer Wrote:... people talk about the so-called 'myopic' eyeball being 'too long' so that the image is brought to a focus in front of the retina, they conveniently omit the fact that the only part of the eyeball which is 'too long' is the front part of the eye...

Hey, you say something interesting here JMartinC4, thanks for comment.
You say that an initial elongation of the eye enables the tension in the eye muscles to take effect and thus the tension only elongates the eye of an already elongated eye. So this means maybe that a normal eye is immune to tension.
It also means that the tension "amplifies" the elongation such that the tension worsens the eyesight.
Thus if you relax the eyemuscles the tension disappears and the eye gradually shortens to a shorter length, but there is still some elongation left no matter how much you relax, because it was an initial elongation that started the "boot strap" in the first place, and you just have to hope that it is short enough to reach 20/20 vision so we can be "pilots" on our way. ;D
JMartinC4 Wrote:... people talk about the so-called 'myopic' eyeball being 'too long' so that the image is brought to a focus in front of the retina, they conveniently omit the fact that the only part of the eyeball which is 'too long' is the front part of the eye...
hammer Wrote:Hey, you say something interesting here JMartinC4, thanks for comment. You say that an initial elongation of the eye enables the tension in the eye muscles to take effect and thus the tension only elongates the eye of an already elongated eye. So this means maybe that a normal eye is immune to tension.
It also means that the tension "amplifies" the elongation such that the tension worsens the eyesight. Thus if you relax the eyemuscles the tension disappears and the eye gradually shortens to a shorter length, but there is still some elongation left no matter how much you relax, because it was an initial elongation that started the "boot strap" in the first place, and you just have to hope that it is short enough to reach 20/20 vision so we can be "pilots" on our way. ;D
Exactly precisely? Wink I think better terminology here would be 'forward bulge' rather than 'elongation'. And no, I don't think most myopes are born with elongated/front-bulging eyes: that is simply not true. Probably 85 percent of normal babies are born with normal non-bulged eyes. 10 percent might be farsighted, and only 5 percent have nearsightedness at birth.
So, no, the 'double trouble' for nearsightedness is that the surrounding tension bulges the eyefronts for people who are already not focusing the light onto their true foveas. So, not only do we have to relax the tension, we still have to also begin focusing onto the true foveas, the cones of which are located further back from the rest of the retina where the false/pseudo foveas are.
And, of course, the pseudo foveas are not symmetrically aligned which means the whole visual system is out of alignment. That makes it difficult to focus the light onto the true foveas in both eyes simultaneously, which is required for normal eyesight. Diabolical.
However, with these kinds of insights, my eyesight, and my control over it, continues to improve.
This week my improvement-inspiring insight was to research and remember the optic chiasm and what goes on there.
For me, the Bates Methods help reverse these effects and realign my visual system.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download