MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Visual acuity different in each eye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visual acuity different in each eye
My right eye sees blurrier than my left eye. it kind of interferes with my vision because I'm seeing a clear and blurry image overlapped. I also use my left eye more than my right eye. Can someone tell me an exercise or something that can help balance my vision in both eyes?

Thanks
Hi,
are you really sure, that the 2 overlapping images come from 2 different eyes?
I also see a clear and a blurry image, but only with my 'good' eye; I wrote about that here:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.iblindness.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2073&p=13833#p13833">viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2073&p=13833#p13833</a><!-- l -->

The difference between my eyes is almost 4 diopters, but when I look with both eyes, the image of the weaker eye seems to be 'turned off', therefore I have to practice it seperately to prevent it from loosing even more of its sight.
When I close my weaker eye, I see the 'double images' only with my good eye as well as with both eyes.
vst Wrote:My right eye sees blurrier than my left eye. it kind of interferes with my vision because I'm seeing a clear and blurry image overlapped. I also use my left eye more than my right eye. Can someone tell me an exercise or something that can help balance my vision in both eyes? Thanks
One way that works is a 360 degree Bates Method Long Swing:
1. Find an interesting object or scene. (A mirror is also good.)
2. Turn your back to it.
3. Shift your mental attention to your worse eye.
4. Perform the Bates Swing in the direction of your worse eye, turning and pivoting on that foot until your torso is slightly twisted and you are again facing the interesting object, scene or mirror. (Note that the Bates Swing 'backward motion illusion' should still occur.)
5. Relax, breathe and examine the object/scene/mirror with both eyes equally - regardless of blur level.
6. Shift your mental attention to your better eye.
7. Perform the Bates Swing in the reverse direction, all the way around, pivoting on your feet and twisting your torso until you are again facing the object/scene/mirror, but from the opposite perspective.
8. Repeat 10 times, continuing this method of shifting your mental attention back and forth between each eye while swinging in the leading eye's direction (when turning left, let the left eye lead; when turning right let the right eye lead).

Change it up after ten reps - shift your attention to the worse eye while swinging in the better eye's direction, and vice-versa. (Turning left, let right eye lead; turning right let left eye lead.) Do ten reps like this.

Finish up by attending to both eyes simultaneously while swinging (both eyes share the lead/dominance). Do ten reps like this.
Just to add to my previous post on this topic:
A. Blurry vision may mean you are mentally attending to some other spot on the retina other than the fovea (a 'pseudo fovea'). The blurrier it is, the further from the true fovea.
B. If you physically relax and let your eyes point themselves at something which can be focused onto the fovea, and simultaneously mentally relax and let your attention follow where the eyes are pointed, clear(er) vision should result.
C. Keep in mind that clear vision occurs when you are mentally attending to the foveal input from your eyes, and that the foveas are symmetrically located on each retina - slightly above and to the outside of each retina's centrally positioned blindspot (where the optic nerve enters the eye). Clear binocular stereoscopic vision occurs when both eyes are pointed together and you are mentally attending to both foveas simultaneously, and the images are unified.
D. Fifty percent of each eye's visual input crosses over at the optic chiasm centered behind the eyes. The crossover comes from the non-foveal nasal side of each retina and probably helps maintain clear visual focus while rotating.
Thanks. I have trying to look at things more with my right eye than my left.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6csIU5XfMfA

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now