MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
website upgrade - vision blogs added

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
website upgrade - vision blogs added
I redesigned the site. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.iblindness.org">http://www.iblindness.org</a><!-- m -->

I still need to redirect all the old pages to the new, and move a couple of the online books over, but it's pretty much up and running now.

So you'll see Nancy's blog at the bottom of the homepage. If anyone else has a blog hosted on like Wordpress or Blogspot, just send me a link and I'll add the feed. It updates automatically every hour once I set it up.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Yeah, I was kind of shocked to see my words featured on your front page! But that's why I write, and any feedback is only helping me. You might want to send Sorrisi a PM to see if she wants her blog featured. It would be a great addition.
Hey, Love the new website David!!!
That picture of glasses broken is perfect! This is great!
I send lot of people to iblindness and Nancy's, Sorrisi's blogs.
One man went down 3 eyeglass strenghts and now only uses glasses for driving. Other guy lot improvement, no glasses now.
Hey! That instant convert a page to PDF tool on the free on-line books is so handy! The Facebook, Twitter links!! This website is the tops, the best! I can easily send links to people that ask for vision improvement.
The Print button is ignoring the first couple of page headings, but other than that it works. I put all that stuff on the template for every article and online book. The new structure under the hood is different enough that I can do things like that now.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
A blog from tumblr.com is showing too, so adding blogs from other sites will probably be pretty easy for me too, with some tweaks to the code. There are 7 blogs in the mix now, and I'll no doubt be adding more.
Site Administrator

David, you may have noticed this yourself -- the software that takes the excerpt from the vision blog for your front page does funny things with apostrophes. I made a post earlier entitled "Dream: I Can't Get My Car Out!". Then when I logged in to the forum later to look up something, my blog post looked like I had been swearing! I can't get my *#*&!?**% car out! I changed the title of the post to avoid this and will remember for the future. Don't want anyone to think I'm not ladylike! Thanks.
Yeah, I'm not sure how to fix it yet. It's going to be something simple I can add to the code, but I haven't found the answer yet.
Site Administrator

It's reading the blog post dates a bit wrong, so the latest one isn't always showing. I'll get it corrected soon.

But we have like 8 blogs running now and counting.
Site Administrator

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now