MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Situations where you can't see and you start to panic?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Situations where you can't see and you start to panic?
Have any of you ever been in situations where you just HAVE to see but you can't and you start to panic? Like for example when you're in a lecture and you're told to read out something that's pinned up on the board but you just can't see it and the pressure keeps building up?

How do you deal with these situations?
It seems as if to me these kinds of situations are hindering my progress and giving me negative beliefs about my eyesight and what my eyes are capable of.

It gives me a real negative feeling, like as if I can't do something as simple as seeing, which I could do years back when I was younger and had perfect vision.

How do you deal with these situations?
Aura,

Few things can bind us up in as much tension and tie us up in as many knots as fear. You need a strategy, where you are in control of these situations, and they are not controlling you. Otherwise, you will dread these situations, and feel anxious the whole time you are in them, hoping not to be called on...etc. Even just the thought of going into these situations can be straining, and tense you up. If the goal is to eliminate strain and tension, how is any of this going to help?

We can't anticipate every situation, of course, but this one is very predictable. Get there as early as possible and try to get the closest seat to the board, or screen, or whatever it might be. If you don't have a pair of reduced lenses, try to get some. They have to be strong enough to allow you to see the writing you need to read, but no stronger. Wear them around your neck, like so many people do with their plus lenses/reading glasses. Or just set them on the desk. Until your vision is improved enough to be without, stick them on when you have to read something, then immediately take them off. Knowing that they are there, and you can put them on at a moment's notice will alleviate the angst you are developing. And don't care what anyone thinks!
In situations, when I might need my glasses, I wear them attached to a string around my neck.
I've 2 pairs; the first one, in the beginning under-corrected, is now a bit too strong, I wear them when I go by bicycle (I avoid using the car whenever I can). I put them on the tip of my nose, when I approach dangerous crossings or zones of dense traffic and look over the glassses; when it is really necessary, I put my head back a little to look through the glasses or I push them in the correct position (as they are a bit too strong, the experience of cristall clear sight for a few moments is really overwhelming and just these few instants with glasses don't worsen my eyesight). Most of the time, they just hang around my neck.
Then I have another pair really much under-corrected glasses, which I put on, when I have to do work which requires better eyesight than mine without glasses; I put them on as shortly as possible; the rest of the time around my neck. After wearing these glases fo 1/2 hour or 1 hour, my eye-sight withour glases is worse and it takes a little time to recover.
I the beginning I had my glasses around my neck also when I went for shopping, now I leave them in hy bag and even when I forgot them at home, I didn't really miss them ...
In this early phase of eyesight (re)development you need to carry a pair of your old glasses with you - sometimes you have to put them on even if it lets the local people know that you are nearsighted. It's a choice you have to make. It's another fear you have to face. After the lenses serve their purpose, take them off. Put them back in your pocket, or just prop them up on your head (on a chain is okay too!). I've had people ask me where my glasses are, accuse me of vanity, tell me I'm fooling myself, and probably jeer at me and mock me behind my back. But I knew something that they didn't know and wouldn't listen to me try to tell them about or outright rejected - the fact that I have flashes of clear eyesight and the idea that I'm using the Bates Methods and other knowledge and biofeedback techniques to improve my fluctuating eyesight. What we are doing is science in the best sense of the term ("Sigh. I have flashes of clear eyesight (or believe that others have and that I could). Hence - I choose to try and duplicate it and understand it fully.")
Yes this happened to me quite often. My work around was to carry my glasses in my pocket, so whenever I needed them, I would put em on. For class or lectures, I would suggest that you sit in the front row or put your glasses while you're in the classroom.

For signs, train numbers, etc, at first, I couldn't figure them out, BUT, I would pretend that I wasnt lookin at the train and I would ask other persons around about its number and it works, no problem!

The key is that you don't panic, today, I was able to read the bus number without any problem and the reason is simple; I was confident, relaxed AND I wasn't even carrying my glasses with me.

Embrace your blurry world, accept your vision as it is, and don't view its temprary weakness as frustrating point, it will improve soon overtime. Don't forget, the more you're relaxed, the more you're able to see
hi,
you can try the following:close your eyes and relax all the muscles of the face, especially the jaws and the muscles around the eyes.Stay a few seconds in this state and after that open your eyes slowly, lightly, without any effort.Do it it several times.I hope this will help you

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download