MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Experimenting with plus lenses to activate the weaker eye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Experimenting with plus lenses to activate the weaker eye
I read about the succesful use of plus lenses for near work (with remarkable improvement in a very short time):

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.iblindness.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2139">viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2139</a><!-- l -->

and decided to test this 'method'.

At first (a few days ago)I used +1,5 reading glassses for near work, but since my right eye is 3,5 diopters weaker than the left, I took off the glass on the right side. It is too early to see real improvement yet, but every time I take them off and look at the eye chart, it seems clearer.
This led me to the idea, to get stronger plus lenses on the left side - to bring both eyes to about the same level of short-sightedness - an wearing them during some time of the day (not only for near work).

I had been looking for some means to activate my weaker eye a bit more, because it seams to me, that my brain is more and more supressing the blurry image of the weaker eye in order to keep the sight as good as possible. But I did not want to cover my better eye completely, as suggested in such cases.

To wear a plus lense at the stronger eye seems to be a good way to to train both eyes at the same time.
Now I'm trying a +3 lense and I find it a bit strenuous.

Does anyone else have experiences with the use of plus lenses?
As soon as I get some results, I'll post again....

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now