MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
"Vision Quest" taken literally

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Vision Quest" taken literally
I stumbled across this vision quest opportunity. I bet it would have some spiritual power
behind it, especially with the intent of a group - and think if all members shared a focus
of gaining clarity (literally & figural). If you guys know of anything similar let me know -

tell me what you think:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.questforvision.com/programs/vision-quest/">http://www.questforvision.com/programs/vision-quest/</a><!-- m -->
spydermann Wrote:I stumbled across this vision quest opportunity. I bet it would have some spiritual power behind it, especially with the intent of a group - and think if all members shared a focus of gaining clarity (literally & figural). If you guys know of anything similar let me know -
tell me what you think:http://www.questforvision.com/programs/vision-qunst/
Thanks for the offer and idea, but I like the path I'm on. The path I'm on is primarily a scientific method path. Here is what I currently think about 'spirituality':
Although I do believe in God, in Jesus Christ (as an ultimate human being), and in a Holy Spirit that unifies all life, I must reject and discount and ignore any 'evidence' of those entities.
Because I like being human. And I like being 'enlightened'. And I know that if I have 'evidence' of anything, I will acquire a measure of 'power' over whatever I have evidence of.
And my God is all-powerful, omni-present, omniscient, and all-loving.
If I should choose to not believe in that kind of a God, then I would have to be my own God. And there is no way that I - a normal human being - could live up to that ideal.
Which reduces me to the scientific method. I love the scientific method. I love God. We are going to beat this thing, this nearsightedness, this ridiculous degradation of our eyesight and our visual system.
But we have to believe in ourselves.
I'm with Martin. Inspiritional post there.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now