MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Your sanction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your sanction
Your sanction
http//blog.iblindness.org/2012-05/your-sanction/

How many times have people helplessly asked whether vision improvement is really possible? Of course it is, but it doesn't matter what I or anyone else knows. If it isn't possible, you'll make it possible.

If you look at anyone who has accomplished something that others considered impossible or infeasible, you will find that a common factor is the person’s irrational belief in himself. He rejects discouragement or failure.

Nothing has to be true unless you give it your sanction.  You recreate yourself and your world in every moment with your beliefs. Every action you take is a consequence of your real beliefs.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Yes!! I feel like standing up and applauding at reading these words. If one other person has done it, and I have the requisite physical equipment (as a slim female, I don't think I'm capable of playing pro football, for example) I certainly can do it too. I have 2 eyes and can see light and shadow (Meir Schneider's first breakthrough when he grew up blind and reading Braille), so I can certainly improve my vision. No excuses.
I agree with Nancy here. Great post (it gave me a big lift) and something like it should be in your revised 'method'. I'm not certain why exactly it rings true (though I have my own ideas) but it just is.
Yeah, I'll include it. It's funny, we were all taught that our physical actions form the basis of what we do or create, and that our beliefs are just nice thoughts at best. With that mindset, you get stuck in doing odd things that are supposed to improve your vision, merely giving yourself instructions, and supposedly at some point you will be able to believe you can see clearly only as an afterthought once you're already seeing clearly.

But really beliefs form the basis of everything. If you know that you can see every detail clearly, only then do you commit to looking for the details and paying attention to them. It just isn't possible to keep a set of instructions going in your mind. You get distracted eventually. But a real belief doesn't just stop when you get distracted. It stays with you. If you have the right beliefs and a good understanding of how good vision works, your mind will be able to call upon the right ideas.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
For me the biggest problem is to deal with the 'imperfectness' and 'provisionalness' - not only in seeing.

I don't mind if things are not always the way I would like them to be, then I can 'arrange myself with the situation and make the best of it - as long as everything remains 'predictable', so I can take all factors 'in account' and have the over-all control of the situation.

But I find it extremely difficult to face a situation of complete 'uncertainty' without being able to arrange myself with the 'worst case' or having some possible solution 'in sight'.

When it comes to seeing; , the difficulty is to 'face' the blur and the fact, that I am not able to see clearly, without arranging myself with this 'fault' and without being able to provide a ready solution. Not suppressing the awareness of it and on the other hand, not trying to 'make the best of the situation' by a maximum effort of my eye-muscles - 'fixing' them in some sort 'ideal tension' like the focus of a camera to get the clearest image possible under these - momentary - poor circumstances.

Both ways are very counterproductive and hinder real progress, because they lead to a 'standstill'.
As normal vision is based on 2 principle factors - 1) extremely clear sight in an extremely small point and 2) extremely fast eye-movements to make up a 'full-screen' clear picture of the 'sharp pixels - every 'stop' of the process is 'disatrous', whether it is the 'arranging' with the worst case, the situation as it is, or the 'quick' solution, the 'fixing' it in the best way which is momentarily available instead of letting the eye-muscles be relaxed, subtle and responsive in order to 're-learn' the right way to move again.

The only way to real progress is to renounce to 'clear' the situation and keep on 'moving' in the 'uncertainety', seeing clearly only the very next point of the path where I can 'set my foot' (shift my gaze) - constantly towards better and clearer sight, but every step remains still within the 'sticky', filthy, hardly bearable 'imperfectness' (at least for a very long time).
It's already too late to edit the previous post so I add this seperately.

I don't find it so difficult to believe, that 'it works', because I've already experienced improvement.
But it is not easy to be patient and resist the temptation to improve my vision a bit more by effort, which leads to contracted eye-muscles and tired eyes and so results in lowerd vision in the end. This habit of straining the eyes has been practiced for such a long time that most of the time I am not even aware of it - not because I don't believe, that I can see details clearly.
nice blog. thanks for sharing the link.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now