MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Learning to Relax

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Learning to Relax
Hi everyone!

I'm delighted to have found this forum, I've already gone through a number of posts which I've found very helpful. I think I should introduce myself before I go any further.

I'm 20 years old and currently on a 1 month vacation, during which I plan to improve my eyes as much as I can. Unfortunately I have sever mypia (-5.50d) :'( Got my first pair of glasses in 2002 and my prescription has just kept deteriorating. I hate glasses so much,but I assured myself that I would finally be able to get rid of them with LASIK. My doc convinced me that I was a 'perfect candidate' for LASIK and preparations were underway for my surgery. Boy, was I excited! I would finally get rid of my obstructive glasses! Luckily, I chickened out of the procedure and toldmy doc that I'd have it 'later on.' Lol! I'm never going back there! I feel so blessed to not have fallen prey to LASIK. I'm highly motivated to try out NVI techniques, for now I'm just reading as much as I can from around the web and taking notes. Big Grin

Anyway, here's my question...I've been palming for the last 2 days but I can barely palm for more than 2 mins. I remember reading this case in one of Dr. Bates' books where this guy palmed for 20hours consecutively and cured his eyes! ...I just can't seem to relax. My mind's always buzzing and I can't see black for long either. This morning I realised I simply don't know how to relax. I'm in this constant state of nervousness and strain. >Sad How do you guys palm? Are there any tips you have for proper palming? How do I calm my mind?

Thanks everyone!
Today was the first time I palmed for more than 10 minutes and I felt a significant improvement in my vision, although I didn't measure the improvement as I haven't yet printed out my eyechart.

I learned a lot about myself during those 10mins...

1) My personality encouragesmyopia.I know that sounds weird but really, I'm flighty, I have too much energy, my mind is restless jumping from one thought to another.

2) I need to learn to relax...just chill out, trust the universe, not be worried and go with the flow. Stop worrying about the future, stop dwelling on the past...Live in the moment!

3) Wearing my glasses after palming negated any improvements I had which was quite disheartening.

4) My glasses are becoming more and more irritating to me. I hate wearing them. I hope this hatred for glasses will fuel me further to cure my eyes.

5) A lot of my tension is not on my shoulders or back but on my neck.

6) I hate staring and I think people look weird when they stare. I never knew I stared too! Joke's on me. I just thought I was someone who never stared. When I read NVI books and came across parts that said 'Do not stare...etc', I thought 'Well, atleast I don't stare'. Ooops, today I caught myself staring so many times throughout the day it was embarrassing. Thanks to clarknight for pointing that out to me in this post: http://www.iblindness.org/community/view...f=1&t=2527

Still on the above point, it just goes to show that some things can appear so obvious that you ignore them. Don't overlook any aspect of your NVI process.

7) Affirmations are very important, they have helped me tremendously in other parts of my life and I trust they will aid my vision improvement too.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now