MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Finally!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally!
Finally!
http//blog.iblindness.org/2012-08/finally/

I finally put up a revised version of my modified Bates method. I collected concepts from my blog posts, forum posts and added more thoughts until I ran out of things to say. I hope to add more pictures and diagrams soon. I know internet users get turned off by a "wall of text".

<a href="http//www.iblindness.org/davids-method/">http//www.iblindness.org/davids-method/</a>

I also rewrote an older article that helps explain my (and other people's) objections to glasses and interest in vision improvement.

<a href="http//www.iblindness.org/articles/problem-glasses.php">http//www.iblindness.org/articles/problem-glasses.php</a>

That's about it for the moment. I'd still like to turn part of the website into a social networking site where members can write their own articles or posts, vote up their favorite articles, write comments, post videos, news links, etc. But I'm not sure if the site gets enough traffic for something like that to really take off.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
David, I've only looked at section 4 and 5 so far but it's excellent, clear and simple. Coincidentally, I had a vision coaching session last night with a very myopic friend, who recently came to the understanding that she wanted "the rules" from an authority for every situation, so she didn't have to be responsible, or think of what to do on the spot! I tied this right back to vision, and the need to be present in the moment, to see what is right there in front of you now, not what is in your memory from before or what someone else told you would be there. Reality is constantly changing, and our vision needs to constantly look at something new to keep working properly. This is your looking with attention and with interest point, and one it took me a long time to get, personally, as I was mechanically moving my eyes around wondering why my vision didn't get any better from this workout. Thanks for all you do for us, and for this forum, such a rich source of learning for me.
I've more-or-less read through Parts III through V, and I think it's really good. Part IV in particular was explained to the point where I was able to understand things that I did not pick up on in previous versions.

A minor thing: I think for Part IV, the title of the page still reads "the Basis", which is actually the title for Part I.
Pikachu Wrote:I've more-or-less read through Parts III through V, and I think it's really good. Part IV in particular was explained to the point where I was able to understand things that I did not pick up on in previous versions.

A minor thing: I think for Part IV, the title of the page still reads "the Basis", which is actually the title for Part I.

Fixed, thanks for the correction.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
David, it would be really great to have some pictures or, maybe, simple flash animation in addition to your Method.
Sometimes it seems for me, that I understand everything properly, but another day I don't feel that sure. Pictures will be of assistance.
David, I like the way you use the Bates method. With your help I don't afraid of seeing anymore! I want to see, and do it right.
Thank you from Russia.
Also, in paragraph two of Part V (Results), I think there is a typo. I am assuming that "legimitely" should read "legitimately" (admittedly, I did have to double-check that one with a dictionary).

By the way, is it normal to have alternating periods of better vision and of worse vision while shifting in this manner? I find that sometimes, I will be shifting and it's like someone flipped on a switch and all of a sudden, shifting seems easy and the vision is clear. Other times, it seems that even when I am very focused, it just seems like there's something standing in my way.
leopold, yes, I hope to have pictures soon. Maybe animations too at some point.

Pikachu, thanks, I'll fix that. I don't know if alternating periods of better and worse vision is normal, but if you didn't get the better vision as frequently without doing this, then I would say it's a good sign.
Site Administrator

Okay, thanks David! I'll keep at it. I actually ended up with a particularly bad day yesterday. I think I'm grabbing at the image too much.
Hi David

This is a really excellent explanation.

First, a typo on p4 of The Method: "but you'll hang on to ceratin aspects of widened attention state"

The case you make seems indestructible. I've read it through carefully a couple of times but it will need a couple more as it is very tightly argued and condenses a lot into a small space. There is a lot I expected to see which has been left out and my intitial reaction was a bit "what?" but when it sank in that changed to "wow". To my knowledge nobody else has done this (except Bates himself, but as has been discussed here his is not really a method as such, more (in my opinion) a series of observations and insights) so I hope the Nobel Prize Committee have duly taken note.

I'll come back later with more specific comments, probably on Section 4 (surprise surprise).

Just to say though that the sub-headings are very useful and in a very logical sequence. "Stuck in Too Much Space" - how true, how true! And "Register What You See". In fact it's all good.
sean, fixed the typo, thanks.
Site Administrator

(08-19-2012, 11:48 AM)David Wrote: Finally!
http//blog.iblindness.org/2012-08/finally/

I finally put up a revised version of my modified Bates method. I collected concepts from my blog posts, forum posts and added more thoughts until I ran out of things to say. I hope to add more pictures and diagrams soon. I know internet users get turned off by a "wall of text".

<a href="http//www.iblindness.org/davids-method/">http//www.iblindness.org/davids-method/</a>

I also rewrote an older article that helps explain my (and other people's) objections to glasses and interest in vision improvement.

<a href="http//www.iblindness.org/articles/problem-glasses.php">http//www.iblindness.org/articles/problem-glasses.php</a>

That's about it for the moment. I'd still like to turn part of the website into a social networking site where members can write their own articles or posts, vote up their favorite articles, write comments, post videos, news links, etc. But I'm not sure if the site gets enough traffic for something like that to really take off.

Hi David,

I been re-reading how you improved your vision and notice in the new website I cannot find who the teachers are that helped you.

In your story about how you began and continued to improve your vision, strabismus you mention what sounds like one specific teacher gave you a few lessons and free follow up help for a while until you obtained what you needed. You also mention other teachers, books were helpful.

Can you please list the names of the teachers and your fav books. I would like to know who the teachers are because they were successful training you and you have been successful with the method. There are so many out there nowadays. I would like to be certified by the best. Thomas Quackenbush is one I will definitely be certified by as I have taken his course and like it but also seeking one other teacher, maybe 2. Want a 'variety' of training by the best, each with their individual personalities, practices.

Attached is picture of Thomas Quackenbush. www.NaturalVisionCenter in the Netherlands.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Kevin Wooding gave me a lesson as he was traveling through the area. I met some others, but anyway it's probably good to get lots of different perspectives.
Site Administrator

I heard he is good.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now