MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
My vision improvement diary

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My vision improvement diary
Have been reading the posts here for six months and now determined to practice Bates methods. I found the people here are so helpful and i would like to say, you guys are awesome to help others.

I am planning to record my daily exercise or three times per week here. On the one side, it motivates me to persist and provides a record to examine what are working for me and what are not. On the other side, I would like to share the experience with all you guys. If I do something wrong, please kindly point them out. All your comments, help, and criticism are welcome and I appreciate them in advance.

I have bought the CDs from "bettereyesightnow" and bought Bates' book from "Amazon". I will read them and apply the techniques.

Have a great day! Smile
Day 1:

I took 30 min sunbather and one hour listening to the CD and relax. Also I read some pages from Bates' book.

1. 30 min sunbather;
2. 30 min palming;
Day 2:

30 min walking;
30 palming;
tried to relax my shoulder and neck all day at work;
Day 3:

30 mins sunbathing;
30 mins palming;
tried to blink more than I used to;
Do you experience any change?
That's a good question, it's a lot more than just going through the motions. Is it working for you in any way? How are you gauging it? Do you have an eyechart, for feedback? While it's good to have a routine, how you use your eyes the rest of the day will can make a big difference. Do you wear lenses the rest of the day? Do you sense any changes in the vibrancy of colors, maybe noticing sharper edges, noticing oppositional movement better? Do you feel overall more mentally relaxed? These are the kinds of things you want to note as well, and will help others to give you constructive feedback.
May 24, 2013:

about one hour palming;
Listen relaxing music and tried to relax my neck and shoulder;
May 25, 2013:

Watch TV for 2 hours using pinhole glasses;
Listen relaxing music and tried to relax my neck and shoulder, 1 hour ;
May 26, 2013:

Watch TV for 1 hours using pinhole glasses;
Not wearing the glasses for 5 hours;
Monday, May 27, 2013:

I wore weaker power glasses today -3.0 (i usually wear -4.0);
Tuesday. May 28, 2013:

At lunch time, I walked for 50 mins without glasses (both in -3.0 power).

30mins of palming
centertime Wrote:Do you experience any change?

Yes, I have been practicing and relaxing for more than a week. The changes are not from the eyes. They come from the neck and shoulders. I am feeling sores in them, especially in the past two days.
arocarty Wrote:That's a good question, it's a lot more than just going through the motions. Is it working for you in any way? How are you gauging it? Do you have an eyechart, for feedback? While it's good to have a routine, how you use your eyes the rest of the day will can make a big difference. Do you wear lenses the rest of the day? Do you sense any changes in the vibrancy of colors, maybe noticing sharper edges, noticing oppositional movement better? Do you feel overall more mentally relaxed? These are the kinds of things you want to note as well, and will help others to give you constructive feedback.

Arocarty, thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely start writing my feelings in the process. If I made some mistakes, please point out to help me. In the future posts, I will write what I do and what I feel. Smile

Cheers!!!
May 29, 2013 Wednesday

I decided to wear my -3.0 glasses for the next practice. I have tried not to wear glasses but it is hard because I would squeeze my eyes, hold my breath, and i feel great pains in my neck and shoulder, and a little headache too.

But anyway, i will wear weaker glasses from now on.
May 30, 2013 Thursday

Palming 45 mins
Sunbathing 1 hour

In the past few days, I have been doing sunbathing without glasses. At first, i can not open my eyes under the sun even when i was not facing the sun. After 10-15mins every time, i became used to the sun rays and was able to open my eyes a little bit, but still I cannot fully open my eyes naturally after about two weeks. Even though, I like sunbathing because I feel I can see further after the practice.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now