MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Can I do this if I'm dependent on glasses?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I do this if I'm dependent on glasses?
As a student, if I don't wear glasses I can't get anything done. I can take them off for 30-60 minutes to do some practice, but other than that I have to put them on. Will these exercises still work?
JohnK90 Wrote:As a student, if I don't wear glasses I can't get anything done. I can take them off for 30-60 minutes to do some practice, but other than that I have to put them on. Will these exercises still work?

There's no guarantee you will be successful if you never had to wear them. Either way, you have to learn how to use your eyes correctly, and the more you wear corrective lenses, the more difficult it usually makes it. Simply because they are acting as a crutch, and you have to strain in order to see through them to whatever degree of refraction they are (what is your prescription?) . Some who cannot absolutely do without them take it in more baby steps, and use reduced prescriptions. Once you start learning, you will be surprised to find that there are many things you can do without relying on lenses, or full strength lenses. As in many things, if you are not dedicated in learning to practice the techniques correctly (not 'exercises'), it usually shows in the results.
In this situation, it's probably best just to accept that you missed the boat. You can practice the techniques, but don't expect any lasting improvement in eyesight.

If you're still interested, this page explains what you can do. But I think most people would find it highly impractical to juggle two pairs of glasses, especially in a school setting. And there is still no guarantee of improvement.

Finally, you could consider leaving school, or just refusing to do any schoolwork if your attendance is required by law. That sounds extreme, and probably isn't a good idea, but sometimes you need to think outside the box.
^ Lol at dropout of school over vision improvement. THough I wonder if I could have svaed myself so mcuh trouble if I did so.

Here's my 2 cents.

Try to go 2 days, that's right just 2 days without glasses during a school week. Not on break. I'm sure your marks won't get affected by those 2 days too much.

Try to find workarounds in situations where you think wearing glasses is absolutely necessary. Taking notes in class? Butt them off your neighbor. IF you don't know them, use some cheesy opener and get crackin.

Doing homework? Unless you're -10 myope I find it hard to believe that it's IMPOSSIBLE. Inconvenient yes, but you can definitely decrease the distance between the paper and yourself.

Hanging out with friends? Make it a game to make them not notice you're myopic. Try to figure out who they are based on color of clothes or the way they walk.

But nonetheless, if you're too far myopic you may want to try reduced prescription readers.
I'm using -3.50, can see 20/20 with those, but it's true that my eyes feels strained, though I never thought it was because of the glasses.

And lol, I wish dropping out of school was an option, but it's not. I can get a reduced prescription though. Even if I can't improve my eyes, less strain is worth it.
Bro I'm below -4 on each eye, with -2 astigmatim and I learned/wrote my first iphone app in the last month. With -3.5 you're gonna make it brah
JohnK90 Wrote:And lol, I wish dropping out of school was an option, but it's not. I can get a reduced prescription though. Even if I can't improve my eyes, less strain is worth it.

If you're not careful, a reduced prescription can cause you more strain. If you can't quite read the board, you're probably going to squint. And juggling two pairs of glasses could drive you crazy.

Perhaps you could look into home education. That way, there'd never be a need for anything better than 20/80.
If you have the goal of reducing and eventually eliminating your glasses, you'll find a way. Sit closer to the board in school, do what you can on a hand-held device you can bring closer to your eyes. Yes, go without your glasses as much as possible. You have NOT "missed the boat"! (Daniel, this kind of discouraging post helps no one.) The more you go without glasses, the more you'll naturally develop that interested aware look normal-seeing people have. Several years ago I mentioned that I'd had a big struggle with nearsightedness in the past, and the surprised response was "I didn't know you were nearsighted!". Of course this thrilled me, and I realized I had to change my self-image.

Also, you'll see that sometimes you can see well and other times things are more blurry, which will lead you to investigate your emotional state, or whether you're tired or hungry, instead of reaching for your glasses. Clear vision is part of a healthy body and mind and can't be separated from it. Check out Zenni Optical for reduced glasses and keep us posted.
Nancy Wrote:Yes, go without your glasses as much as possible. You have NOT "missed the boat"! (Daniel, this kind of discouraging post helps no one.)
I was imagining that his prescription was quite a bit worse, and if he had posted it originally I probably wouldn't have said that. However, as I've said before, some people should be discouraged from seriously trying this, because going without glasses, even sometimes, can have very bad effects on one's life. If someone's really motivated, like you for example, s/he will not be discouraged by discouraging comments.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now