MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Effects of diet on vision

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Effects of diet on vision
Hi everyone! I am new here. I recently found out I have an intolerance to gluten, so I started a gluten free diet about 6 months ago. Since then I've had to have my prescription reduced twice. It was -6.75 in both eyes and now I am wearing -4.00 and am able to read the 20/40 line on the snellen. I haven't done any excercises, so it must be the new diet that is improving my vision. I did find others with similar experiences on a website for people with Celiacs disease (Gluten intolerance). Anyway, I just wanted to share my results with everyone. I will keep you updated on my progress. Mike
Mike, sorry you never got a reply to this. I would be interested to hear how it's going for you at this point. I do believe that gluten or other elements in wheat have a bad effect on health in general.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith
Hi Mike,

Yeah, it's a shame your post got missed, as it's a very interesting one. Food intolerances can cause blurred vision, but I was only aware salicylates did that. I've got a sensitivity to both wheat and salicylates. After majorly reducing both (which isn't particularly easy), I've noticed better vision also.
Please keep us posted on your progress. Have you got the web address for that gluten intolerance website? I'd be interested in having a look.

Cheers,
JW

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now