MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
a little HELP !

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a little HELP !
i am doing long swing..reading eyeschart , reading tiny fonts everyday....n after doing all these i practice palming...but dont know when i go outside and try to do shifting and swinging...initially i feel good but after that i feel a lot of terrible aches in my eye,,is that due to over practicing or due to some mental strain...i heve -2.5D myopia in both eyes... i need some expert guidance and please also tell me how to practice with eyecharts....thank you...!!!!!!!!!! O0
asit Wrote:i am doing long swing..reading eyeschart , reading tiny fonts everyday....n after doing all these i practice palming...but dont know when i go outside and try to do shifting and swinging...initially i feel good but after that i feel a lot of terrible aches in my eye,,is that due to over practicing or due to some mental strain...

You can never get enough relaxation. People w/ normal sight are relaxing all the time, unconsciously doing the right things all throughout the day. If, however, what you are doing does not facilitate the release of mental and physical tension/strain, then it doesn't matter how many different techniques you practice, how long you do them, how many times you do them. It's not about going through the motions. The goal for any technique is to get relief, and promote healthy, correct eye movement. If you can learn to secure that relief with just one thing, and master that one thing, then that is all that you'll ever need. Sure, some people mix it up because they are not responding, or responding well enough to one thing, or get some relief temporarily then for whatever reason start to strain again. Finding what you respond to and get the most relief from is the greatest challenge. So, essentially, it's very simple. If you're not getting relief, then you are still somehow straining, to one degree or another. When you go outdoors, you start doing things to yourself in such a way that make you not feel so good. (it is assumed by 'feel,' you also mean 'see' good)

It can take a lot of time, practice, and trial-and-error before we learn to uncover and become aware of those things which we are doing to ourselves that ruin our good vision. Small print and eyechart(s) are some of the best feedback mechanisms that tell us when we are getting relief. Are you using them outdoors, too? How much time do you spend outdoors? Have you done much sunning? Are you sensitive to light? Do you have a place to go outdoors that is quiet, comfortable, and familiar to you, where you can practice without distraction?
thanks for replying.....
but the problem is that when i try to do swinging and shifting in my classroom ....i get severe eye strain...it mostly happens in classrooms only...outside like for example in gardens and natural environment i feel pretty good about of my eyes....
doing shifting and swinging continuously in a forced manner is really hurting my eyes....!
BADLY NEED SOME HELP....!!!!!
asit Wrote:thanks for replying.....
but the problem is that when i try to do swinging and shifting in my classroom ....i get severe eye strain...it mostly happens in classrooms only...outside like for example in gardens and natural environment i feel pretty good about of my eyes....
doing shifting and swinging continuously in a forced manner is really hurting my eyes....!
BADLY NEED SOME HELP....!!!!!

Asit,
I think you are having a mind problem in the class room, because you simply block out peripheral vision too much which leaves you in a stressed state when you are about to learn all the things you need to.

Using only Foveal vision (tunnel vision) is in fact a quite stressed state for the mind.
In the class room you need to let the eyes get more peripheral vision in order to enter the well known learning state "Hakalau" that also calmes down the body.
When you go out you can simply turn peripheral vision off if you like and just use foveal vision.
Remark that you can still do central fixation and shifting in the learning state.
Remark that it is not possible to turn on peripheral vision if you are stressed, need to calm down a bit to enable it.

There are lots of information about this on youtube, for instance I found:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saHY97D_A...esTMyAOcfO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFazxX530...esTMyAOcfO

Hope that helps you to relax better.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now