MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Scared - please help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scared - please help
I'm feeling a lot of fear and panic.. I started reading about Bate's method and plus lenses and now I'm really scared, paranoid, lots of panic. I'm hoping to talk with someone who can help me out because I don't know what to do and really need to talk with someone who is reassuring and understanding.

I'm 31 and myopic. -3.75/3.5 in my eyes. Right now I'm scared about my vision getting worse. I just want to know what I can do to stop myopic progression. I sit at a computer and read a lot. I can't see my computer screen without my glasses. I have good nutrition and exercise regularly.

I have two pairs of glasses. One is an older prescription. I've been wearing them the last few days out of fear. I'm afraid the new glasses will just continue to make my vision worse. Is it true that the stronger prescription will just make my eyes worse and worse? I can get around fine with my older prescription. I can see the computer. I only use the higher prescription lenses for driving.

I bought the book for "The Secret of Perfect Vision." I'm waiting for it to arrive. I don't' know what to do and I'm just so afraid that things will get worse.

I don't know where to start. What do I do to stop vision from getting worse? I read that plus lenses can stop myopic progression but then I read that it can cause cataracts. There's so much information, much of it contradictory, that I don't know where to begin, what to believe, or where to get help.
Take a deep breath. Slow down. Your fear will make things worse. If you can get around with your weaker glasses for most things, great! See what you can do without glasses at all, but be safe, and don't strain. Straining to see is how vision limitations start, then stay in place. This is not hard. Start looking at the material on this site and experimenting with your eyes to see what you see and feel in different conditions, and how you can move yourself closer to calmness and clarity. There's no rush, so dial down your anxiety and just get started. Try some palming, or Long Swings, and see how your eyes and mind react. Maybe you'll love it!

Some myopic people have reported benefit from plus lenses, while others think they are dangerous. I prefer not to wear any glasses at all, to learn how to see better and better without them.
Thanks for you post, Nancy. It helped me feel a little better. I realized after I posted that part of the reason why I'm feeling so panicked is because I'm coming off a medication. So there's that to consider. But the thought of wearing my glasses and them making my eyes worse just sent me over the edge. I couldn't handle it. I try to take good care of myself and to think that I was harming my eyes just floored me.

Anyway, your post was great. Did you really have a -10 prescription? Down so far. That's amazing. Even for taking so many years. Just knowing someone did it really helps me out. I'm still going to use the plus lenses for reading. I'm going to focus on using them for an hour a day. Mainly, I'm not going to worry about all of this vision stuff for a week or so because my mind isn't really altogether right now because of the meds. I normally don't feel this panicked about anything. Your stats are really impressive. I have a ton of questions about different things.

For right now though, what's the best way to stop myopia progression?
I read DeAngelis book too and thought the eye exercises might be useful. But I just never got into it. As for the plus lenses, I think they are unnecessary when your vision is in the -3 or worse. Why would you need to make it blurrier to see near (seeing monitor, reading book, etc.) when it is already blurry? You can just move back a bit and get the same effect. Why take the risk of wearing glasses, plus or minus? Fear can't be good for vision improvement. Like Nancy, I try to not use glasses as much as possible. Safe thing is the Bates method. With honest effort towards relaxation, people have improved their vision in varying degrees. Good luck and have fun in your journey towards better vision.
lou_deg Wrote:I read DeAngelis book too and thought the eye exercises might be useful. But I just never got into it. As for the plus lenses, I think they are unnecessary when your vision is in the -3 or worse. Why would you need to make it blurrier to see near (seeing monitor, reading book, etc.) when it is already blurry? You can just move back a bit and get the same effect. Why take the risk of wearing glasses, plus or minus? Fear can't be good for vision improvement. Like Nancy, I try to not use glasses as much as possible. Safe thing is the Bates method. With honest effort towards relaxation, people have improved their vision in varying degrees. Good luck and have fun in your journey towards better vision.

That's a good point. Thanks for the reply. I do use my normal glasses to read the computer otherwise I couldn't see it at all. It's too blurry to make out. I would love to improve to where I could read the monitor without glasses since most of my work day is spent on a computer.
Yes, like Lou I also bought DeAngelis's book but it didn't give me anything I wanted. I really didn't like his presentation of what seemed like forcing my eyes to see, as if they were disobedient children or lazy servants who needed to be whipped into shape. And since I can function for everything except driving in the dark without glasses at all, the last thing I feel like doing is putting plus lenses on. I want to be free of eye-cages completely! See my blog if you want more about what I've been through and am still going through, but I encourage you to post your questions here so others besides me can give you their input too. I'm glad you're off the meds, which usually just suppress symptoms and don't fix anything for good. Someone recently compared it to whiting out an error on the monitor screen instead of editing the file with the problem! Be gentle with yourself while your body re-adjusts to normal healthy functioning.
DO NOT use the plus lens method. 'The Secret to Perfect Sight' book teaches this harmful method. Avoid it! It causes cataract, tension in the retina causing it to tear, causes astigmatism and other eye problems, addiction to the plus lens. It freezes up the lens and it's ciliary muscle and the ciliary body, tenses, impairs function of all the eye muscles, outer and inner, impairs circulation in the eyes, impairs eye movement, natural accommodation, convergence, un-accommodation, divergence, all functions of the visual system.

Empyblessing (and all people) that are considering the Plus Lens method may have a free copy of all Dr. Bates true books and my books in PDF; http://www.amazon.com/William-H.-Bates/e/B004H9DOBC This will teach you the authentic, safe Bates method that brings you clear vision, healthy eyes. Send a e-mail; <!-- e --><a href="mailto:mclearsight@aol.com">mclearsight@aol.com</a><!-- e -->

Many people contact me for help after their sight has been impaired by the Plus Lens method. It is definitely harmful. One of the main sellers, advisors of the method has used it his entire life and developed cataract 2 times, astigmatism, had an eye operation with a eyeglass myopia prescription implanted in his eyes, lasik on cornea, still addicted to the Plus Lens. Please do not follow their advice.
You will not find this truth on their Forums, Groups and YouTube where they advertise the Plus Lens, (Anti-Corrective) Method. They block, delete all posts by people that state it has impaired their eyes health and vision. Many parents are complaining because it has impaired their children's vision. 2 pilots contacted me after it impaired their close vision and then increased their myopia. My opinion is that the Plus Lens guys are secretly in league with eye doctors, people that want to sell eyeglasses and surgery. The Plus Lens method is not the Bates Method. These guys use Dr. Bates name to 'appear' like they are selling a good method, but in reality its hurting people. Some eye doctors that sell stronger and stronger eyeglasses get kickbacks $ from eye surgeons after they send the surgeon a patient that has developed cataracts, other conditions from wearing the strong glasses.

Search my posts on iblindness for more information.

Mary
Thanks Clarknight,

I was hoping you would reply because I've been a lot of your posts on the forums and they seem so positive.

Right now I have a few questions that I would love to talk about.

1. is Orthokeratology or Paragon CRT as good as it seems? I would love to have it done. It's expensive but I can afford it. I'd like to know people's opinions on it.

2. I've decided I'm not going to use plus lenses. I don't think it's necessary and I don't want to take a chance. I want to halt myopia progress. I don't need the plus lenses to get the slight blur effect while reading. My question is will this be enough?

3. My main goal right now is to halt progression. I'm very disciplined. I've recently changed my eating habits around. I get good nutrition, supplement with vitamins, exercise regularly and recently lost 40 lbs. so I can a lot of changes in my life. What are some habits, exercises, changes would help me?

4. Is it best to just stop wearing glasses when I don't need them? I read that going undercorrected was better than no glasses because it put too much strain on the eyes and they just give up trying to focus. Today I tried not wearing my glasses for a lot of the day. It worked well. I went for an hour walk in the sun, ate, and read a book without glasses. It felt good though everything was blurry. I read one study that showed undercorrected vs corrected INCREASED myopia progression in children. This really scared me. I don't want to make anything worse. Is going without glasses going to improve my vision?

Has anyone progressed far enough to where they can read a computer monitor where they couldn't read it before? If I could do that I would pretty much give up glasses completely since that's where I use them for now.

Thanks everyone for the helpful posts. I'm really grateful to talk to people.
Ortho and CRT can scrape, infect the cornea. Don't do it.

Red Bates Magazines. See my link bottom of the page. His fine print directions; it cures myopia and presbyopia. A natural safe alternative to plus lens method.

No glasses is best. Practice shifting on the blurry objects. Progress will be reversed when put glasses back on.

Reduced 20/40 lenses are better than 20/20 and stronger but no glasses is best.

Reading fine print, shifting on close objects, small parts clears vision at the close reading computer distance.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now