MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Ortho-K

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ortho-K
I recently saw a commercial (in a cinema of all places) about these special lenses called "night lenses" that you wear when you go to sleep and gives you clear vision during the day. I've never heard of these before so I don't know if this is a new thing or not. Upon doing some research they supposedly reshape the cornea a little bit. I believe this is called orthokeratology. Here is a link. This sounds very interesting to me as I would love to see clearly with my naked eyes again. I am wondering if this will boost vision improvement along with the regular natural vision improvement methods such as the bates method. What are your opinions on these ortho-k contacts?
I have two friends that i know who uses ortho k and they are satisfied with it. I asked them if it was comfortable and they said it took maybe a week to get used to and now its routine for them. Still having a hard contact lens (that forces the cornea to change shape) in the eye at night is obviously unpleassant. I'm surprised both said they never had an infection. I would have tried ortho k but ithe initial cost is $1000+.
Do you happen to know what the maximum level of near-sightedness is required for ortho-k? I think I read somewhere that -4 dioptres is max. I have -4.5 (last I checked, might be better now) so I hope I'm still eligible. Here in my country, according to internet sites you pay around 500 euros in the first year, from then onwards about 375 euros per year. It's quite expensive but I might just go through with it anyway.
Bump. Does anyone else have an opinion on this?

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now