MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Contact Lenses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contact Lenses
Hello everybody,
I learnt that i need to stop wearing contact lenses for my vision to improve, so I stopped wearing them since December 2013, but on some days especially at work when I have to make a presentation or something, it's impossible to not wear them, so some days I do wear reduced contact lenses, i'm -2.75 in both eyes, but I wear -2 contacts, will wearing them for some days and while driving reverse any progress I make..Please help!
Thanks
Why not wear reduced weaker eyeglasses?

The eye, cornea changes shape on its own and more so (back to perfect shape) as The Bates Method is practiced.

Contact lenses are never a perfect fit for any eye and can scrape, injure the cornea. The cleaning... solutions have also been contaminated. Lot of people are injured but this is not always on the news.

(01-15-2014, 01:43 PM)clarknight Wrote: Why not wear reduced weaker eyeglasses?

The eye, cornea changes shape on its own and more so (back to perfect shape) as The Bates Method is practiced.

Contact lenses are never a perfect fit for any eye and can scrape, injure the cornea. The cleaning... solutions have also been contaminated. Lot of people are injured but this is not always on the news.
You can find good quality very inexpensive eyeglasses at http://www.zennioptical.com/. You can take them off whenever you don't really need them, put them on top of your head when driving and at a stop light, or take them off during a presentation briefly for emphasis to really connect visually with your audience. Both glasses and contacts should be worn as little as possible as long as you're not straining and are safe (like when driving). A brief time during the day with correction will not undermine all your other efforts at vision improvement work, but keep it as brief as you can, and use healthy habits like regular blinking even with the glasses or contacts on. Watch your attitude too -- if you think "This will make my vision worse!" it just might.
thank you both for your replies Smile
Zenni is great! They give P.D. and lot other info. Here's a few more; http://cleareyesight-batesmethod.info/id36.html

They will give you exactly what you prefer.

Greg Marsh teaches what happens during an eye exam; how the eye doctor's exam, machine, environment blocks natural use of the eyes-vision and results in a unnecessary and/or too strong, incorrect prescription.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX_bAkkrAZ8
http://www.youtube.com/user/naturalsight/videos
(01-16-2014, 09:24 AM)clarknight Wrote: Zenni is great! They give P.D. and lot other info. Here's a few more; http://cleareyesight-batesmethod.info/id36.html

They will give you exactly what you prefer.

Greg Marsh teaches what happens during an eye exam; how the eye doctor's exam, machine, environment blocks natural use of the eyes-vision and results in a unnecessary and/or too strong, incorrect prescription.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX_bAkkrAZ8
http://www.youtube.com/user/naturalsight/videos
Mary, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "They give P.D.".

For new folks, for Zenni to make glasses for you, they need your prescription, the SPH for both eyes (left eye is OS and right eye is OD), the CYL if you have astigmatism, and the PD or Pupil Distance, the distance in millimeters between your 2 pupils when you're looking straight ahead. This is typically not on your eyeglasses prescription, though your eye doctor will have it. It's needed to make sure the strongest correction in the glasses goes right over the center of your eye. If you can't get the PD from your eye doctor or don't want to ask, a friend can measure it for you.
so being -2.75 in both eyes, is it good to wear -2 glasses or should they be weaker?
(01-17-2014, 07:58 AM)eyes87 Wrote: so being -2.75 in both eyes, is it good to wear -2 glasses or should they be weaker?
This is a very individual matter. I'm not an eye doctor, so can't prescribe, only give guidelines that have worked for me and for some of my students. Some people need to reduce their prescription very slowly, at most 1/2 diopter at a time, because they get scared by what feels like a loss of clarity, and so a loss of control. Others with a much stronger prescription than yours are happy to go without glasses entirely as much as they can, which is the case for one of my students with -7.5, who ordered several pairs of glasses from Zenni of different strengths to experiment with. I took this route myself. Going slowly is better than pushing yourself too hard -- it's not a race.
thank you Smile you make me feel optimistic and that things are not as hard as I have thought Big Grin are there any guides you can give me because I'm still new to all of this? I recently started understanding the Bates method, I have been using wrong eyes exercises through the years, now I only practice central fixation and shifting on a chart for 15 minutes daily, the long swing for 50 times, and I palm when possible...anything else I can do?

(01-17-2014, 09:34 AM)Nancy Wrote:
(01-17-2014, 07:58 AM)eyes87 Wrote: so being -2.75 in both eyes, is it good to wear -2 glasses or should they be weaker?
This is a very individual matter. I'm not an eye doctor, so can't prescribe, only give guidelines that have worked for me and for some of my students. Some people need to reduce their prescription very slowly, at most 1/2 diopter at a time, because they get scared by what feels like a loss of clarity, and so a loss of control. Others with a much stronger prescription than yours are happy to go without glasses entirely as much as they can, which is the case for one of my students with -7.5, who ordered several pairs of glasses from Zenni of different strengths to experiment with. I took this route myself. Going slowly is better than pushing yourself too hard -- it's not a race.
(01-17-2014, 11:48 AM)eyes87 Wrote: thank you Smile you make me feel optimistic and that things are not as hard as I have thought Big Grin are there any guides you can give me because I'm still new to all of this? I recently started understanding the Bates method, I have been using wrong eyes exercises through the years, now I only practice central fixation and shifting on a chart for 15 minutes daily, the long swing for 50 times, and I palm when possible...anything else I can do?

(01-17-2014, 09:34 AM)Nancy Wrote:
This sounds like a great routine to me. All I would add is noticing how your eyes and vision feel, as often as you remember to do that, glasses or no glasses, eyes open or closed. Then if they feel strained, see if you can determine what you're doing to cause that, and stop doing it without adding another strain. If they feel relaxed and moist and receptive, see if you can keep that up, without straining to do so. This is NOT hard. Any healthy happy child can do it.
one last question...if I keep this and the routine I practice, when do you think I'll start seeing progress, it's been a month and a half, and I'm not noticing a change so I feel alittle depressed Sad

[/quote]
This sounds like a great routine to me. All I would add is noticing how your eyes and vision feel, as often as you remember to do that, glasses or no glasses, eyes open or closed. Then if they feel strained, see if you can determine what you're doing to cause that, and stop doing it without adding another strain. If they feel relaxed and moist and receptive, see if you can keep that up, without straining to do so. This is NOT hard. Any healthy happy child can do it.
[/quote]

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now