MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
exaggerations about the plus lens.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
exaggerations about the plus lens.
many people here claim that plus is harmful for vairous reasons.
farsighted people wear plus lenses so they all "develope caracts, retinal detachment and fast vision impairment"? there is no common sense involved here.
I am a student who has to put his nose in the book for 10 hours a day. my vision keeps going down and i realized the bates do not "work to prevent", only the active print pushing ecercise i described ealier works for me.

So i decided to be "brave" and just use the plus. Yes initially i got some headaches and tension, however after a few days the plus was very relaxing to my eyes and i do not ever feel near point stress.

it actually works very well, there is nothing "dangerous about it". I am not "promoting the plus". this is just a common sense experience and people here are OVERLY ZEALOUS about the plus.

I wish i made the deicision to wear the plus earlier so i could have PREvENTED my vision from going down.
Aethersky has posted this thread as a way to attack my posts warning about the harm the plus causes. He does not like the fact that I state the truth; that the plus lens IS harmful.
It freezes up the eyes lens, impairs circulation, hydration, accommodation, un-accommodation and causes a variety of eye-vision problems. The plus lens method causes cataract.

Here's my PDF's and thread about the dangers of the Plus Lens. It also contains a list of other harmful methods; http://www.iblindness.org/forum/the-plus...=plus+lens

Aethersky is flooding the forum with anti-Bates Method posts while always bringing discussions back to mentioning, then promoting the plus lens. I still think he is Otis Brown or one of his close cult members in disguise. (Anyone can use a VPN... and wifi coffee shop or cell phone nowadays to hide their ip and computer.)

Otis developed cataract 2 times, has a eyeglass myopia lens prescription implanted inside his eyes, lasik on the cornea for astigmatism, and is addicted to the plus lens. All these eye-vision problems were caused by Otis using the plus lens. After all of this, he still trolls many internet forums advising the plus to all people including children, pilots. His advise has harmed many people. Parents continually complain. He ruined the vision of his own family members. I do not feel sorry for people that refuse to accept the truth and continue to harm peoples vision. Otis and David DeAngelis block all posts on their Toutube channels and forums, groups that are posted by people that state they have developed impaired vision, lowered eye health... as result of the plus lens.

Why come here to try and do the same thing? Stay on the Plus Lens forums where eyeglasses, eye surgeries are promoted.

Search my old and new posts on iblindness about the plus lens for proof.

Everyone knows I fight against Rishi Giovanni and Oleg K. often because they are abusive-radical not allowing people to speak about their success with modern Bates Method natural vision teachers techniques, BUT; I definitely agree with their dislike for the plus lens and Otis forcing it on humanity.
I wish they would speak up about this like they did in the past. Now they seem to only focus on fighting against natural vision teachers. Even here, I do agree on some of their statements; there are many teachers corrupting the method, but there are some true teachers that maintain the original old method and have added new safe, healthy practices with successful results.

Lets stay together and enlighten the public about the people that are really destroying people's vision, using Dr. Bates name as a way to hide their corrupt methods as they alter Dr. Bates natural method with the dangerous plus lens.

These plus lens guys are one reason I don't post here as much as I used to, but; I will check the forum every 1-2 days and if I see constant new threads created solely to promote the plus lens ; I will keep linking to the PDF listing the truth.

You can go crying to David to remove my posts. I don't give a darn anymore.
this is what i mean by OVER ZEALOUS AND ALARMIST.
this women is truly obsessed and paranoid about the plus and attacks everything from eye massagers, contacts, orhok, glasses (minus and plus), eye doctors, chiropractors.

I am not "promoting the plus"
Think about it LOGICALLY. the plus lens puts near work at optically infinity it RELAXES the eyes. farsighted people wear the plus. the plus should be a way to PREVENT nearsightedness, but i do believe the real improvements should be done without the plus.
farsighted people wear plus lenses. Almost ALL people over 60 need plus lenses to read. I have yet to see a 60 year old who can read fine print at a few inches. The plus does not cause these problems that you stated and there is NO evidence the plus causes these problems.
You are doing "harm" to your students by NOT telling them a great tool for myopia prevention.
(02-22-2014, 10:08 PM)Aethersky Wrote: farsighted people wear plus lenses. Almost ALL people over 60 need plus lenses to read. I have yet to see a 60 year old who can read fine print at a few inches. The plus does not cause these problems that you stated and there is NO evidence the plus causes these problems.
You are doing "harm" to your students by NOT telling them a great tool for myopia prevention.

It could be said that proponents of plus lens method are doing harm, being irresponsible by spreading the misleading message that plus lenses can stop or moreover reverse myopia. Large scale scientific clinical studies have shown that at BEST, wearing plus lenses only slows progression, by a tiny amount. Links to some of these studies can be found in this thread:

http://www.iblindness.org/forum/anticorr...ory?page=2

Wait, it gets better (actually, worse). What proponents of plus lenses /defocus won't tell you: Controlled, scientific studies reveal that myopic defocus can actually SPEED UP MYOPIC PROGRESSION.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12445849
http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn3082#.UwnX-tGYbIU

It would be doing people harm NOT to tell them that deliberately inducing defocus could make their myopia worse.

Myopia actually develops WHILE the eye is in a defocused state, before the use of lenses to correct it. Yet that defocus does little to change the direction and rate of progression. Makes you wonder about the fundamental logic of it. When someone wants to proclaim they have some grand 'secret' to restoring vision, that is "fast and easy," reader beware.
(02-23-2014, 04:56 AM)arocarty Wrote:
(02-22-2014, 10:08 PM)Aethersky Wrote: farsighted people wear plus lenses. Almost ALL people over 60 need plus lenses to read. I have yet to see a 60 year old who can read fine print at a few inches. The plus does not cause these problems that you stated and there is NO evidence the plus causes these problems.

It could be said that proponents of plus lens method are doing harm, being irresponsible by spreading the misleading message that plus lenses can stop or moreover reverse myopia. Large scale scientific clinical studies have shown that at BEST, wearing plus lenses only slows progression, by a tiny amount. Links to some of these studies can be found in this thread:

Wait, it gets better (actually, worse). What proponents of plus lenses /defocus won't tell you: Controlled, scientific studies reveal that myopic defocus can actually SPEED UP MYOPIC PROGRESSION.

It would be doing people harm NOT to tell them that deliberately inducing defocus could make their myopia worse.

Myopia actually develops WHILE the eye is in a defocused state, before the use of lenses to correct it. Yet that defocus does little to change the direction and rate of progression. Makes you wonder about the fundamental logic of it. When someone wants to proclaim they have some grand 'secret' to restoring vision, that is "fast and easy," reader beware.

Observe how many seniors, most that wear reading (plus) glasses develop cataract.
Some is caused by drugs, but also by the Plus and all eyeglass lenses.
All eyeglasses lead to eye, vision impairment and will increase problems that medication cause.

Yeah, yeah, I just posted on the suggestions thread that I wont be here anymore due to constant plus lens posts. I almost deleted my account. OMG! Good thing I couldn't find where to do that.
Patient, patience, someday the bad guys will go away.

I invite all fathers, mothers of children and others that have developed vision problems from the plus to post their experience here. Your posts were blocked on the Plus Lens peoples website.
David allows TRUE BATES METHOD people to post the truth.
To all people that have been harmed by the Plus Lens anti-corrective method; if you see this thread on internet search; post here, help others avoid harm!

Arocarty; the first link you posted goes to a page, 'thread'? that does not exist?
(02-23-2014, 07:53 AM)clarknight Wrote:

Observe how many seniors, most that wear reading (plus) glasses develop cataract.
All eyeglasses lead to eye, vision impairment and will increase problems that medication cause.

I invite all fathers, mothers of children and others that have developed vision problems from the plus to post their experience here. Your posts were blocked on the Plus Lens peoples website.
To all people that have been harmed by the Plus Lens anti-corrective method; if you see this thread on internet search; post here, help others avoid harm!

Arocarty; the first link you posted goes to a page, 'thread'? that does not exist?

The links were on this thread: http://www.iblindness.org/forum/anticorr...ory?page=2

If they don't work, go to Pubmed, and search these:
(02-23-2014, 03:34 PM)arocarty Wrote:
(02-23-2014, 07:53 AM)clarknight Wrote:

The links were on this thread: http://www.iblindness.org/forum/anticorr...ory?page=2

If they don't work, go to Pubmed, and search these:

Thanks, Got it. Looks like Otis is involved with that Alex, Frauenfeld doctor; http://frauenfeldclinic.com/myopia-forum...duction-2/
That's the thread where he talks about his cataracts.
yes frauenfeld does not exist it is a pseudonym. He is actually a opthmalogosit in Iowa. But who cares, his MESSAGE is good. His advice is excellent. Many people had success from website.

There a bunch of POOR studies that deft common sense. I mean really undercorrections actually actually more harm? The plus has NO effect? overcorrections do no harm?? Slight myopic defocus does harm???

well then according to that logic. Wear your full prescription, don't worry about doing close work for 10 hours a day. Don't print push. All a a person needs to do is palm, shift, swing, etc. Alright good advice. This seems to go with common sense....

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now