MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
How much strain?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much strain?
When pushing your eyes, how much strain is too much?

After a while of trying to read slightly farther than I'm used to my eyes will begin aching a bit, during/after. This also stresses me out in general, possibly due in part to compromising my posture to do this, which I know is not ideal.

Also curious about colored lenses, I know glasses are not ideal but while I'm using them would glasses tinted, say yellow be affective in reducing eye strain? They seem to be used for people who work on the computer often, I've even seen them marketed to 'gamers' although I can't recall the brand name.

Also to practice I really have to use an eye patch, otherwise my weaker eye doesn't really engage in focusing. Could this pose problems for my eye that's staring at blackness right in front of my eye while I'm doing this?
when you push focus/look at a blurry object for a while you would feel a positive stress on your eyes. But you have to actively try to clear the image. There needs to be some discomfort but you really don't need to worry about too much discomfort because there needs to be enough stress in order to create an adaptation.

no colored lenses do not reduce strain. Some claim they see better though or block the glare. To reduce the strain you must relax accommodation either by wearing an undercorrection or a plus lenses,

Think about it your eyes got down because of excessive close work, eye fatigue, and storng minus lenses. you need to first eliminate ALL nearpoint strain if you want to improve.
(03-05-2014, 06:56 PM)Aethersky Wrote: when you push focus/look at a blurry object for a while you would feel a positive stress on your eyes. But you have to actively try to clear the image. There needs to be some discomfort but you really don't need to worry about too much discomfort because there needs to be enough stress in order to create an adaptation.

no colored lenses do not reduce strain. Some claim they see better though or block the glare. To reduce the strain you must relax accommodation either by wearing an undercorrection or a plus lenses,

Think about it your eyes got down because of excessive close work, eye fatigue, and storng minus lenses. you need to first eliminate ALL nearpoint strain if you want to improve.

Not sure what you mean by 'nearpoint strain'. I try to keep my vision right at the point where it begins to blur...I try to clear it by keeping my eyes wide open instead of squinting - as I think that's bad? - I also blink quite a bit because forcing my eyes to stay wide open dries my eyes out.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now