MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
astigmatism double tripple image

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
astigmatism double tripple image
Hello to all i am new..nice job btw..i have little myopia and astigmatism..but the problem i see double image with astigmatism i have 1.25cy with 155axis and 1.00 with 165axis..i want to please you and ask you for a good exsersice or something to see the images one not two or three..this problem rid only when i put my glasses on..if any know something how to fix please reply me thank you all and keep up the good work
(03-11-2014, 11:08 AM)Billastigmatism Wrote: Hello to all i am new..nice job btw..i have little myopia and astigmatism..but the problem i see double image with astigmatism i have 1.25cy with 155axis and 1.00 with 165axis..i want to please you and ask you for a good exsersice or something to see the images one not two or three..this problem rid only when i put my glasses on..if any know something how to fix please reply me thank you all and keep up the good work
Your eyes have adapted to this pattern, and the glasses are keeping it in place. Here's a post I wrote about astigmatism so you understand it better. http://www.iblindness.org/1051/yes-but-i...tigmatism/ Note any body imbalances you have like a head tilt which are keeping the astigmatism in place, but the best thing you can do is take the CYL correction out of your glasses, or even better lose the glasses altogether, and let your eyes start to adjust back to normal sight. Start noticing if the double vision is worse at some times, and see if you can catch yourself straining, and can begin letting that go. Keep us posted.
(03-11-2014, 12:25 PM)Nancy Wrote:
(03-11-2014, 11:08 AM)Billastigmatism Wrote: Hello to all i am new..nice job btw..i have little myopia and astigmatism..but the problem i see double image with astigmatism i have 1.25cy with 155axis and 1.00 with 165axis..i want to please you and ask you for a good exsersice or something to see the images one not two or three..this problem rid only when i put my glasses on..if any know something how to fix please reply me thank you all and keep up the good work
Your eyes have adapted to this pattern, and the glasses are keeping it in place. Here's a post I wrote about astigmatism so you understand it better. http://www.iblindness.org/1051/yes-but-i...tigmatism/ Note any body imbalances you have like a head tilt which are keeping the astigmatism in place, but the best thing you can do is take the CYL correction out of your glasses, or even better lose the glasses altogether, and let your eyes start to adjust back to normal sight. Start noticing if the double vision is worse at some times, and see if you can catch yourself straining, and can begin letting that go. Keep us posted.

Hi Bill,

Is this you from the YouTube question?

Thanks for joining!

This is Mary, pen name clarknight on iblindness.

Here's the Chat answer;

Double vision as Bill described to me as the overlayered images; that is common effect of astigmatism. One or more eye muscles is more tense. It can happen with myopia or presbyopia.

Nancy's post is good advice. She went cold turkey; no astigmatism in her glasses and cured the astigmatism from her eyes-vision.

Violinists often keep the eyes, head, neck, shoulders tilted, angled in incorrect postures. This affects the neck muscles and eye muscles. Makes the eye muscles imbalanced, tnese. The imbalanced, tense muscles press on the eyeball and this makes a uneven eye/cornea; that's what causes the multiple images and other effects.

Tension in the shoulder, neck muscles also travel into the eye muscles and this increases the eye muscle tension problem. Often tension on one side of neck causes specific muscles to be tight, more tight than others; presses on the eye = abnormal shape = focus of light rays is off = astigmatism.

A chiropractor broke my neck and it caused astigmatism, double vision for a while until the Bates method and physical therapy, posture corrected it. Avoid chiropractors!

Strain from the computer mouse can cause muscle tension on one side of the neck. Other muscles on on both sides, back, collarbones get affected too from typing.

OK so here's the direction to cure astigmatism in my next post;
thx for your answer can you tell me an exaple what i must change in life or what exsersice should i do??i dont wear glasses now from long time but double image still
I just typed for about 30 minutes and the entire training article did not go thorough.
Here's what I saved in word, I got most of it;

#1; Try to remove the astigmatism prescription for the glasses. Its not that strong so you will might cure the astigmatism quickly by just removing the glasses.

#2; Try to go without glasses. If you have to wear glasses for driving, work; get a reduced prescription; http://cleareyesight-batesmethod.info/id36.html

And no astigmatism section prescriptions in the glasses. Go without glasses as much as possible.

#3; Learn shifting; http://cleareyesight-batesmethod.info/id56.html
Doing this improves the vision and helps relaxation. Gets the eyes, muscles moving correct, coordinated and relaxed.

Palming and other practices help;
http://cleareyesight-batesmethod.info/id49.html
http://cleareyesight-batesmethod.info/id15.html

#4; Learn central-fixation but don't try hard to do it; just let it occur naturally, automatically as the eyes shift ; http://cleareyesight-batesmethod.info/id12.html

#5; Mix shifting with switching close and far; http://cleareyesight-batesmethod.info/id8.html

#6; Find the axis angle by looking at the astigmatism chart with no glasses; both eyes together and one eye at a time. Then follow directions on the astigmatism page; http://cleareyesight-batesmethod.info/id40.html and shift, trace on the lines, one line at a time. Do extra practice on the most blurry and multiple appearing lines. You can move the whole body as the eyes (vision) moves shifts and traces along a line. Note if you feel a tense muscle, soar in the neck in certain areas; that is the area that needs easy relaxed movement. and correct the posture. practice with the charts at close and far distances. Practice with large and small charts.

Also practice tracing on the circles, spirals on the astigmatism page.

I can do a video Skype training with ya for free. Now that I know you are legit, I will accept the membership, so resend it please. Or we can stay here longer.

Clark

(03-11-2014, 01:07 PM)Billastigmatism Wrote:
thx for your answer can you tell me an exaple what i must change in life or what exsersice should i do??i dont wear glasses now from long time but double image still

Ok, good! No glasses, yeah! We can fix this easy.
tracing is especially good for astigmatism. i recommend doing that on the eye chart. You described you experience quite a good deal of double vision and a great deal of discomfort without the astigmatism correction. I think you should not drop the astigmatism at once. try -0.5D for both eyes.
you can get glasses online such as zennioptical.com for very cheap.

as your vision improves your astigmatism will also be very little
(03-11-2014, 11:08 AM)Billastigmatism Wrote: ...ask you for a good exsersice or something ...

I had some astigmatism when I was a younger Bates freak Sleepy.
I did Bates eyearobics for several years (you know move eyes up/down/left/right in circles and so on),
and this cured my astigmatism.
(03-12-2014, 04:22 PM)hammer Wrote:
(03-11-2014, 11:08 AM)Billastigmatism Wrote: ...ask you for a good exsersice or something ...

I had some astigmatism when I was a younger Bates freak Sleepy.
I did Bates eyearobics for several years (you know move eyes up/down/left/right in circles and so on),
and this cured my astigmatism.
Hi,
How strong was your astigmatism? How much did you do eye-aerobics a day?
exercises can cure some mild astigmatism, but if glasses are worn its much harder.
-1D astigmatism really isn't that much. and he has somewhat low myopia.

billastigmatism i think you should make sure that your vision is not due to something else like strabismus. Its very weird to see triple image and very strong double image.
(03-13-2014, 07:24 AM)Aethersky Wrote: billastigmatism i think you should make sure that your vision is not due to something else like strabismus. Its very weird to see triple image and very strong double image.
No it isn't weird. Others with astigmatism see double or multiple images when myopia is not too strong. I have this problem with either eye (monocular vision). It is easy to rule out strabismus which occurs only when both eyes are used together, or binocular vision.
well i notice when i close my left eye i see less double or tripple image!!i did some exsersice i see little clear but double image its still the same
Keep practicing the shifting, switching, central-fixation and also on the astigmatism chart; extra time with the less clear eye. As the blur completely clears the images will merge. Remember to shift on the images to make them merge into one clear image.

Do the left, right brain hemisphere exercises I showed you.

There's a lot of books on the subject. I am on the 4th one. Some are free view on google books.
(03-14-2014, 05:01 AM)Billastigmatism Wrote: well i notice when i close my left eye i see less double or tripple image!!i did some exsersice i see little clear but double image its still the same
It would make sense that there will be less double imaging when closing one eye since each eye has its own pair of images. Perhaps the left eye is the one with the stronger 1.25 cylinder. If you get noticeably more double images with both eyes open than when you add the double images of the left and right eye taken separately then you may have some strabismus.
Also strabismus only accounts for double imaging, not triple, etc. It cannot produce more than two images (one image for each misaligned eye).
Good information Lou.

Here's some incorrect postures, movements of violinists and others that cause astigmatism; http://books.google.com/books?id=usmXfw5...sm&f=false

I placed a PDF on bottom of this page for Bill; http://cleareyesight-batesmethod.info/id40.html
(03-14-2014, 08:45 AM)clarknight Wrote: Good information Lou.

Here's some incorrect postures, movements of violinists and others that cause astigmatism; http://books.google.com/books?id=usmXfw5...sm&f=false

I placed a PDF on bottom of this page for Bill; http://cleareyesight-batesmethod.info/id40.html
I received a private message about this, asking the same questions. This says to me that the questioner is not happy with the information here, or thinks I have some secret knowledge I will give him in a private note which I'm not posting here for some reason.

Yes, I got rid of my astigmatism, by removing the correction from my glasses and contact lenses, and eventually going without any correction.
Google "Tibetan cross vision" for some images to practice on -- you want to exercise your vision in each angle of the 360-degree visual field, and pay more attention to the places the lines are blurry. I believe Clark/Mary said this already.
I do sometimes now still have double images for a short time when I'm stressed, and I blink and shift to get rid of them.
No magic, and no secrets. Please don't send me private messages when you can ask here and others can benefit from the answer.

(03-16-2014, 08:27 AM)Nancy Wrote:
(03-14-2014, 08:45 AM)clarknight Wrote: Good information Lou.

I received a private message about this, asking the same questions. This says to me that the questioner is not happy with the information here, or thinks I have some secret knowledge I will give him in a private note which I'm not posting here for some reason.

Yes, I got rid of my astigmatism, by removing the correction from my glasses and contact lenses, and eventually going without any correction.
Google "Tibetan cross vision" for some images to practice on -- you want to exercise your vision in each angle of the 360-degree visual field, and pay more attention to the places the lines are blurry. I believe Clark/Mary said this already.
I do sometimes now still have double images for a short time when I'm stressed, and I blink and shift to get rid of them.
No magic, and no secrets. Please don't send me private messages when you can ask here and others can benefit from the answer.

The private message also asked about floaters, about which lots of information can be found here on the forum too. Clean up your diet, stop worrying so much, spend time in the sunlight, make sure you're hydrated. I still have a couple small ones which I hardly ever notice. A very large amoeba-like one broke up and melted away several years ago. Visualization, imagining your view clear and clean, windshield wipers washing away any dirt, might help, or at least make you feel better! Maybe I'll write a blog post about this I can point people to, as I get the question a lot. Stay tuned.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now