MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Quality of exercise related to quality of vision

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Quality of exercise related to quality of vision
I was wondering if some of you could comment on how physical exercise has changed since improving your vision. I personally like to stay active fairly often. I go for runs, bike, do jiu jitsu and other random activities. I've noticed how being relaxed changes things. One thing I've realized in Jiu Jitsu is that it's not about getting a workout when you spar, it's about learning how to use energy more effectively. And I think that's how running and other forms of exercise should be even if you are trying to get a workout.

In the past I would workout and I think I was making it extra hard on myself. I think that's easy to do, and it was difficult noticing it and realizing that it wasn't necessary to put so much extra effort. Sometimes it is about the extra effort though. After all, that's kinda what working out is about.

Anyways, how has physical activity changed for you all? Has your endurance increased? Have you been able to get "in the moment" more and out of your head? Do you enjoy doing physical activity more, and are you more motivated to exercise?
(06-11-2014, 07:20 PM)ted Wrote: I was wondering if some of you could comment on how physical exercise has changed since improving your vision. I personally like to stay active fairly often. I go for runs, bike, do jiu jitsu and other random activities. I've noticed how being relaxed changes things. One thing I've realized in Jiu Jitsu is that it's not about getting a workout when you spar, it's about learning how to use energy more effectively. And I think that's how running and other forms of exercise should be even if you are trying to get a workout.

In the past I would workout and I think I was making it extra hard on myself. I think that's easy to do, and it was difficult noticing it and realizing that it wasn't necessary to put so much extra effort. Sometimes it is about the extra effort though. After all, that's kinda what working out is about.

Anyways, how has physical activity changed for you all? Has your endurance increased? Have you been able to get "in the moment" more and out of your head? Do you enjoy doing physical activity more, and are you more motivated to exercise?

I used to run fiercely, sometimes twice a day, rain or snow or dark, and also used to do weights fiercely, including pull-ups and dips with a weight belt since I wasn't straining enough just with my slim body weight. I was often on the brink of tears if I couldn't do the reps I wanted, thinking I had to push myself to the utmost to keep from being a sedentary slug.

Without strong lenses now I am much calmer in my approach to everything, including exercise. I am still very fit and do weights at home every other day, plus daily pull-ups and several types of push-ups -- I don't want to "fall apart" physically! Yet I am much gentler on myself, and don't feel like I have anything to prove. I enjoy the exercise much more, being fully in my body instead of mostly in my busy brain. Easy does it. Slow and steady wins the race. Glasses reinforced my straining habits and kept them in place, and removing glasses allowed this pattern to shift. Life (and vision) is not supposed to be a struggle!
(06-11-2014, 07:20 PM)ted Wrote: I was wondering if some of you could comment on how physical exercise has changed since improving your vision. ...

Yes, I realized that physical activity became a way of relaxation to me.
Then I also found out why this was actually the case.
That relaxation is caused by the rythm when for instance you are running.
It is called "defocusing" I have learnt. That is the problem solving left side of the brain get less activated and then the creative right side of the brain is able to activate more.

Ok, then I thought that breathing must be the solution to my specific myopia.
When I combine rythmic deep breathing with for instance running or listening to music my vision gets a lot more clear.
Try that simple technique out. It might very well work for you too.
The whole body gets healthier out of it.
I think my allergy disappeared due to it.

/hammer

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download