MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Re: Couldn't resist sharing this! *confirmed on Snellen chart!*

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: Couldn't resist sharing this! *confirmed on Snellen chart!*
Something that defied any previous clear flash happened this afternoon.  This took place during one of my regular walks. A few of you may know that I like to go to a certain spot where there's an elevated rock; from this rock, I can see people, trees, vehicles, and houses even from a great distance. This is hill/desert terrain, so there are houses and trees visible probably about 5 miles away on the big hills.

First, two things I need to point out: 

1) My 'average' eyesight was the most pristine today of any day beforehand. This may be because yesterday I went with two friends on an airway tram that took us atop a 10,000 ft. mountain and I took a hour's walk looking at everything in the distance and valleys that stretch visibly for tens of miles. Despite this, my 'average' eyesight has been improving regularly. Just 1-2 months ago, my 'average' binocular eyesight had been L: 3/20 R: 4/20 (each eye separately), but recently it has been an average of L: 7/20 R: 10/20 (eyes separately). It must be noted that 'binocular vision' allows for a slightly higher visual acuity than the acuity of the better eye.  That's why it was pretty easy passing my DMV test one week ago, even with just a 'mild' clear flash.
2) In the past while using Bates method, my 'binocular vision' clear flashes have ranged from anywhere between 10/20-20/20 and the 15/20-20/20 'good' flashes were sometimes hard to obtain. Now that I have 10/20 'average' binocular eyesight, I no longer have 10/20 clear flashes since that's where I am at currently.

Now, for what happened today.

When I was sitting on that rock, blinking normally and excluding any eye tricks such as watery eyes, I noticed that I had frequent clear flashes of 20/15-20/10. Several, not just one here and there, of them were 20/13-20/10. Kids were walking on the walking path about 1/4 a mile ahead, on lower ground, and I could distinctively see the strands of their hair. When this happened, I did not blink but used the same clear flash to slowly "reel in" from far to up close and noticed that from the distant hills all the way to my hand, I could see everything with perfect clarity, not the least blur. I had another identical 20/10 clear flash and looked up at the sky at a distant jet stream (looked like it may have been at least 10 miles away) and noticed that I could see the round shades / small 'bubbles/dots' in the jet stream. It was like no clear flash previously acquired and I wonder if perhaps it was better than even 20/10.

As I thought about what I just saw, and why I'm able to see so well in such short time compared to others who may have tried this method, I understood to a greater degree something I had already known, that it helps to have an understanding of how the body works and a strong reasoning ability regarding everything in the world that makes people skeptic, including what's wrong with their thinking. This helps perfect the brain's 'faith' and understanding that this is all real and 'as should be', through the understanding that there is nothing incorrect about my understanding of how the eye works in conjunction with the mind and world around me. What I'll call PURE reason allows one to clearly see to the core of what makes people's own reasoning distorted, benefits the brain in a 'visualization' way.

What I call PURE reason is mostly the ability to see the black/white in a world full of color. To separate the bias from the truth. To be even-handed and 'neutral' in arriving at conclusions while supporting the truth. Supporting the truth may be seen by some people as biased, but a bias after arriving at a conclusion in such a way can be considered a 'safe' and unbiased conclusion... paradoxically, that is... IF AND ONLY IF you leave your mind open to the possibility that you may have 'not been aware' of something and your conclusion is still subject to even a .01% margin of error. Then for the time being, which would be indefinite if your point cannot ever be refuted after all sides and all errors in their reasoning have been fully understood and equally considered to your own errors in reasoning, you know your conclusion is irrefutable and 'unbiased' as it could ever be based on the most open-minded approach possible. Paradoxical indeed, but it lets you believe 100%, without a shred of doubt, while remaining open-minded. It is fully possible not to doubt at all and still keep an open mind.

I tested the 20/13-20/10 clear flashes on the Snellen chart after getting back from walking, and confirmed the 20/13--after just three blinks. Using the same blink, I could read a very little bit of the 20/10 line, then I decided that was good enough and not to worry about confirming the 20/10 entirely by trying for several minutes because I was outside quite a long time. I can always test the 20/10 at a later time as my eyesight improves. I'm very excited about being able to see 20/13-20/10, though.
Dear Spock,

Excellent report.

I know the word "perfect" is used a lot.

But I would like to define "perfect" as 20/20
or better.  Seems you have made it.

Best,

Captain Kirk
Hi Spock,

Congrats to you for seeing even better than 20/20 now! I'm sure you will feel relieved that you have cured your eyes, not achieving it through surgery or whatsoever. I hope to reach the same state as you soon...

Maybe you can give a further update and more encouragement for the rest of us?

Cheers,
ROL
Thanks guys,

I want to make it clear that I have 10/20 'average' binocular eyesight currently - please don't confuse this with the 20/13-20/10 'clear flashes' I am having.

I will share my "overall success" story eventually. I've made some interesting observations that you all might find noteworthy.

One example... you know how the eye sometimes water and makes things look clearer. Of course, this is not a true clear flash. However, you can use 'watery eyes' to memorize how a clear flash should look in your next series of blinks after the water has dried up. 

This allows your mind to train itself to see things clearly more quickly. It is interesting how no one has mentioned this before.
Dear Spock,

Quote:One example... you know how the eye sometimes water and makes things look clearer. Of course, this is not a true clear flash. However, you can use 'watery eyes' to memorize how a clear flash should look in your next series of blinks after the water has dried up. 

Wow, interestingly, that's exactly what I was thinking about yesterday. I find that when I have 'watery eyes' usually after a yawn, or when the wind is blowing against me, or my mum is cutting onions, or I am crying (joking), I observed that I 'let go', releasing the strain, because there isn't any need to strain anymore or try to see when I have this watery clear flash. (Or shall we call it a 'watery flash' or 'warflash'). So then I memorize this feeling, and then when I am just normally looking, I remember that feeling and within instants my vision is back to how it was with watery eyes. But the problem is I can only hold this perfect memory for a couple of seconds, before it fades away, and of course trying to remember will lead to strain...

Oh and, congratulations mate! That's great news, so would your vision now be somewhere around 20/40? (I know the ratios are different). Very motivating story, as always. There was just one thing I am wondering - when you were sitting on the rocks and found your vision was 20/13 and 20/10, how did you know this without having a Snellen chart at hand? Or did you remember the feeling of 20/10? =0 Anyway, good luck with achieving perfect vision - they say that the last stage to perfection is the most difficult?

Seeing as vision is much  more than being able to read letters and numbers on a chart, please tell us about how the other qualities of your vision have improved, like depth perception, color  intensity, concentration and focus, creativity, imagination, et cetera, and in your case has your auditory system improved? I have read many of Bates' Clinic stories where blind people who also had hearing difficulties were cured of these through visuion improvement.

I won't pretend to half understand your paragraph about PURE Reason, but it reminded me of a chapter in Bates' book, Reason and Authority. I think what  you are saying is that you can maintain an open mind and believe something fully at the same time?

Thankyou,

-Kaze
You ask good questions, Kazekage. And I appreciate the congratulations. My eye chart is designed to be used at 10 ft so 10/20 would be the correct fraction - and that's the same as DMV requirement in the state I live in. However, taking into consideration that environment won't play a difference if the chart was placed at 10 ft and 20 ft, I could probably use 10/20 and 20/40 interchangably. That is, if distance is not a pessisum for me and it doesn't seem to be. Dave said at this thread that "One thing is myopia isn't an inability to see small letters clearly at a distance; it's the inability to see ANYTHING clearly at a distance."

Currently, my clear flashes allow me to see very clearly at incredible distances especially while outdoors... keeping in mind what Dave said about myopia--when I measured 20/13 on the indoors 10 ft eye chart, one thing needs to be addressed: a clear flash that works so well that I can see the strands of people's hair about 1/4 miles away means one thing: it is very probable due to the incredible visual sharpness I'm having at a distance of about 1,000-1,500 ft that a 10 ft chart would be the same as a 20 ft chart in terms of acuity measurement. Remember from my story how I "reeled in" my eyesight from the distant hills to my hand and noticed the clear flash remained constant without even the slightest change!

Dave also said in the same thread, "Someone with perfect vision would pretty much maintain the same ratio at any distance." I don't know if he means someone with a normal eyeball shape or someone who has a clear flash, but since my 20/13+ clear flashes clear up virtually everything regardless of distance or eyeball shape, I have good reason to believe that 10/20 would be equal to 20/40 for me.

While I was sitting on the rock and found that my eyesight was 20/13 or better, I could tell it was better than 20/13 for several reasons which I will explain. Every time I return from my daily walks, I am able to measure patterns of how my acuity seems to get better every time. An optometrist wouldn't test you at 200 feet away, they test you from 10 or 20 feet away before giving you an acuity measurement--so you'd go by the x/y fraction from a 10 or 20 ft chart. Do you understand? Yeah, environment at great distances plays a factor, but we measure our visual acuity using a chart at 10 or 20 ft so we just use that measurement when we share with others how well we see at any given distance.

Yesterday I went somewhere with an older friend who travels a lot and understands electronics pretty well, not to mention being good at fixing many different things. I asked him when I saw a jet stream identical in size and distance to the one I saw as described in my success story if the jet stream was 10 miles away (like I originally thought). His reply was this: "Oh no, more like 30-50 miles away". If he's right about this, then it's interesting I could pinpoint the small details in the jet stream itself from such a distance. And see strands of people's hair when they're about 1/4 to 1/5 a mile away. That's a strong indicator my clear flashes are better than 20/20. I know what overcorrected glasses (a little over 20/20) are like because of having very infrequently worn glasses in the past, as well as contacts, and it was never quite anything like this. 

Another reason to believe my outdoors clear flashes were better than 20/13 despite my measurement on an indoors eye chart:  I see better in plain daylight than in dim indoors conditions. My bedroom is usually a lot more dim during the afternoons when I go on a walk because my bedroom faces the east, and the sun is already on the west side. That's when I took my 20/13 measurement--after the sun had gone over to the other side. Also, I've tested the indoor conditions before by adjusting the blinds to make more light come in and when more light is coming in through my window, I have an easier time reading the chart. Even further, I see better during daytime with light coming through the window than during nighttime, even with an architect's lamp shining directly next to the eye chart. My conclusion: the more sunlight, the better I see.

It seems to have changed recently in a way that dim conditions are no longer such a pessisum (if I might call it that) because I measured my eyesight last night on the chart before going to bed and could read the 20/20 line with consistent clear flashes, instead of only the 10/20 with consistent clear flashes like I did about 3 weeks ago. I have a very good 'feel' for how well I'm seeing and I can't argue that the more sunlight exposed on something, the better my visual acuity is. Seeing 20/13 in a relatively dim room compared to the bright outdoors is another story completely and I can sense it immediately as soon as I step outdoors and notice how pristine things really become compared to the indoors. As illustrated by all this, I have many reasons to think that my clear flashes exceed 20/10 at times while outdoors during daylight hours.

I'll come back and answer your other questions later.
A comment about watery eyes,

My idea is that water lubricates the eye and makes it focus and relax easily.
If you like watery eyes I recommend using artificial tears, the work very great some times. You drop in the tears and then close your eyes for about 20 seconds. When you open you are likely to see a very very perfect clear flash depending on the state of your mind. So give it a try.
Note that eye ontiments also make the eye see clearer, and this made me sure that these things lubricate the eye and make it relax more easily.

Elias
Hi guys, a couple comments:

(1) I believe well hydrated/lubricated eyes are important, and there are signs of dry eyes.  I would not use an eye lubricant to bring about clear flashes, both because it's not a natural way to alleviate the problem and secondly because water on the eyes can produce false clear flashes. 

(2) About clear vision at varying distances, the reason 20 ft is chosen as the testing standard is because it is generally accepted "scientifically" that light rays entering the eye beyond 20 ft do not have to bend appreciably to focus on the retina.  So basically 20 ft and beyond is considered optical infinity, and theoretically, if you focus at 20 ft then everything beyond will be in focus.  And if you have a soft blur at 20 ft, then everything beyond 20 ft would have the same soft blur and the blur would not increase.  But y'know... maybe this just applies to correcting vision with eyeglasses, and not natural vision improvement... comments?
bkowalski is correct... I wouldn't use an eye lubricant or eye drops solely for the reason that it is possible that they may fool the eye into thinking it's producing enough tears, and discourage natural tear production. This is despite medical doctors saying the drugs or chemicals in them encourage tear flow. My natural tear flow has increased without need of eye drops or lubricants.

I'm making steady progress and for me there's no need to take unnecessary chances with artifical lubricants and drops. I know you were simply suggesting an idea, Elias. Thank you for sharing it. The problem is that watery eyes simply bend the light rays and act as a contact lens over the eyes. Contact lens themselves typically are mostly water. "Soft contacts contain from 25 percent to 79 percent water." Source: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://seniorhealth.about.com/od/visionchanges/a/vision_trends_4.htm">http://seniorhealth.about.com/od/vision ... ends_4.htm</a><!-- m -->

Try allowing the watery eyes to dry up without blinking and see if your eyesight remains the same. In my experience, my eyesight didn't remain quite the same. True clear flashes are mental 'clear flashes', in which an imprint has been left on the mind. It could be that well-lubricated eyes relax the muscles and double up the effect somehow...however, water, like glass lens and contacts, bend the light rays focused on the cornea and are not considered 100% mental flashes. 

Due to possible side effects of eye drops and lubricants, however naturalized the commercials tell you they are, I'm staying with the 100% natural approach just to be on the safe side.

Now, to clarify something, when I call watery eyes clear flashes FAKE I mean it in a mental sense, in that it's not produced ONLY by the mind by also by added layers of water over the eye. Anything considered a 100% mental flash under normal premises (compared to our average sight) without the added layers of water is a true clear flash.

I brought up the idea of taking advantage of those fake 'clear flashes' produced by watery eyes (which are not 100% mental) for one reason: to reveal that you can memorize those watery flashes in such a way to address the mind in what it should see in the next series of blinks once the eyes have dried sufficiently. It simply makes sense in regards to having seen something more clearly without the use of glasses or artifical contact lens, and you can memorize it to leave an imprint on your mind. Hope this clarifies it up for you, Elias.
Kazekage, in reply to your other questions--

Quote:they say that the last stage to perfection is the most difficult?

Not necessarily, I wouldn't think so myself. It may be typical for many people, but maybe it's because they've been self-defeated by believing in such a statement, however true it is. I know people say that results usually happen quicker in the beginning, but it seems to me that my results actually accelerate... and Bates was correct when he said that straining is difficult to do. So once you've let go of straining, you find that it gets easier and easier--but part of the problem also is underlying skepticism on a subconscious level. I think that I have a much less degree of skepticism on a subconscious level than many people do because I'm very secure in my own convictions.

I don't think the last stage to perfection is necessarily the hardest part, it's just that there's usually something that holds people back from achieving this, such as skepticism on a subconscious level and the richness of imagination and a childlike quality to believe. Many adults forget how to believe in things with a rich imagination like children do, and Bates wrote his 'fairy stories' because he thought that imagination and taking great interest in things are very important to achieving perfect eyesight.

Quote:Seeing as vision is much more than being able to read letters and numbers on a chart, please tell us about how the other qualities of your vision have improved, like depth perception, color intensity, concentration and focus, creativity, imagination, et cetera, and in your case has your auditory system improved? I have read many of Bates' Clinic stories where blind people who also had hearing difficulties were cured of these through visuion improvement.

Well, I've found that objects have a more realistic quality to them, even in a dim room. The background (eyes closed) seems more black and several spots of pitch black appear. Color intensity seems more vivid, and depth perception is better because when I drive, it's easier to judge the distance between my car and the one in front of me. I'm more relaxed and my memory and recall capabilities have sharpened considerably. Imagining something more perfectly while my eyes are closed is easier, especially when done through visualization meditation for extended times outside when sunning and palming alternately. My auditory system has not improved because I am 100% deaf, although born completely hearing. The tiny hair inside the cochlea that feels and amplifies sound were flatted or burned out when I had meningitis and a high fever of 104.6 degrees Fahrenheit at 2 years old. Do you know who Margaret Corbett is? She was a pupil of Dr. Bates, trained by him. In Corbett's book Help Yourself to Better Sight in the chapter "Relaxation and Deafness", she explains: "Consequently in our studio, we always give some instructions in relaxed hearing to go with eye relaxation. This we are able to do because ears respond to relaxation, just as do eyes. Rest and relaxation stimulate nerves. Palming the eyes stimulates the optic nerve. Palming the ears stimulates the auditory nerve. As the hearing improves and becomes less effortful, so the vision develops more rapidly."  (Source: p. 202, Help Yourself to Better Sight by Margaret Corbett)

I hope that you find some use from what Corbett says, even though I may not. Maybe later I'll try it, but right now I'm addressing my vision first.

The two paragraphs I wrote about pure reason are important enough that they merit reading until you understand it. It is because of this understanding that I'm fully secure in my convictions, and able to remove most of any subconscious skepticism that may remain while remaining open-minded. If you want to be convinced subconsciously that such a thing is possible, it is very important that you understand the two paragraphs first. Trust me on this one. Eventually, it'll click in place and you'll be thinking, wow I wish I'd known this all along.
Congratulations!
The flashes and clearer vision are real. I am a new member to this web-site and I am about 46 years old. In the last one year or so I watched helplessly as my sight deteriorated. I was meditating on the possibilities of re-focusing and regaining my sight without resorting to glasses. When I found the bates method through google search on the internet, I read through few lines and after casual practice I am astonished how true the bates natural method is. May the memory of Dr Bates linger for ever and to the glory of God.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download