MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
Old Glasses after Improvement

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Glasses after Improvement
Out of curiosity what does a pair of old glasses look like to those that got rid of their glasses, or improved their sight?

When you look through them what does it look like?
(01-16-2015, 02:41 PM)Yelaina Wrote: Out of curiosity what does a pair of old glasses look like to those that got rid of their glasses, or improved their sight?

When you look through them what does it look like?

First, it hurts. My eyes want to close and stop looking, my forehead clenches up and my cheekbones too. I don't wear glasses at all, since I can see well enough. It's not worth the terrible way it feels.

In the brief time I look, it's too clear, sharp and brittle, no life, all brain and no heart.
(01-16-2015, 07:08 PM)Nancy Wrote: ...forehead clenches up and my cheekbones too.
Fair enough, do you think myopic people are more likely to have improportionate or stressed faces from glasses?

(01-16-2015, 07:08 PM)Nancy Wrote: In the brief time I look, it's too clear, sharp and brittle, no life, all brain and no heart.
haha "no life, all brain, and no heart."

"Too clear, sharp and brittle."
Can you explain that a little further of what you saw.
What puzzles me is that people who have never had glasses, when they try my glasses they see a "blur", and they are like "you are so blind".
But when you tried your old glasses you see "too clear, sharp and brittle."

When you did that little experiment of putting your old glasses back on:
What diopter of old glasses did you try?
What were your diopters without glasses at that time?
(01-16-2015, 08:04 PM)Yelaina Wrote:
(01-16-2015, 07:08 PM)Nancy Wrote: ...forehead clenches up and my cheekbones too.
Fair enough, do you think myopic people are more likely to have improportionate or stressed faces from glasses?

(01-16-2015, 07:08 PM)Nancy Wrote: In the brief time I look, it's too clear, sharp and brittle, no life, all brain and no heart.
haha "no life, all brain, and no heart."

"Too clear, sharp and brittle."
Can you explain that a little further of what you saw.
What puzzles me is that people who have never had glasses, when they try my glasses they see a "blur", and they are like "you are so blind".
But when you tried your old glasses you see "too clear, sharp and brittle."

When you did that little experiment of putting your old glasses back on:
What diopter of old glasses did you try?
What were your diopters without glasses at that time?

I think people who look wih strain are more likely to have stressed faces and necks and shoulders and .... Wearing glasses just keeps the strain pattern in place.

If I look through someone's strong reading glasses, things appear blurry, since my own automatic pattern of strain is a myopic one. When someone who doesn't have a myopic pattern puts on minus glasses, they'll see blur, and won't even try to adaapt to it.

I did not put on any glasses to answer this question. I just used my memory and imagination, as I've worn strengths from -10 down to -1.5 which at first I used over -6 contacts for night driving. I am more comfortable without glasses, no question.

One more answer to the first question: vision without glasses is alive, with a depth and color and a richness and vibration that's absent otherwise. It's the difference between looking out an open window and looking at a photograph of the same scene.
any type of lens will reduce the color intensity (much less with oleophobic coating) and the depth of field. minuses lenses also tend to make things smaller. I agree with the statement "no life, all brain, and no heart" as seeing through a lens is like looking through a different world

the human eye is designed to see very clear, 20/13+ bright lighting, not 20/50. If you wear the WEAKEST minus that *just* clears the 20/15 or 20/20 line in bright lighting, then there would be no strain on the eyes.
Obviously if someone with say 20/30 puts on a -4D, there will be huge strain on the eyes, and he will not see clearly with a -4D.
(01-16-2015, 07:08 PM)Nancy Wrote: I did not put on any glasses to answer this question. I just used my memory and imagination...
hmmm, I expected a fact based response, not an imagined or theoretical response. An actual response.
I want to know what a vision improved person actually sees through (their own) pair of old glasses. A direct observation.
well i have a old pair of -1.25D sph with -0.75D cyl glasses the OD prescribed. The were overprescribed in the first place, glad i didn't wear it for too long. When i put them on now i see hyper sharp, and there is stress on my eyes. I don't dare to wear it for any longer.
My vision is 20/20 in bright room lighting. with a -0.5D i can see 20/13-20/10 (which is probably around max visual acuity for me). I like my 20/20 vision so i just wear a plus lenses (+1.5D) for all my close work as it eliminates the near work stress
(01-17-2015, 06:37 PM)Aethersky Wrote: well i have a old pair of -1.25D sph with -0.75D cyl glasses the OD prescribed. The were overprescribed in the first place, glad i didn't wear it for too long. When i put them on now i see hyper sharp, and there is stress on my eyes. I don't dare to wear it for any longer.
My vision is 20/20 in bright room lighting. with a -0.5D i can see 20/13-20/10 (which is probably around max visual acuity for me). I like my 20/20 vision so i just wear a plus lenses (+1.5D) for all my close work as it eliminates the near work stress
Good. Thankyou.

Now take that "exact same pair" of glasses, find a friend that never ever had glasses before. Ask them to take a look through the glasses and ask them what they see. Come back here and report their observation.
It actually depends on the prescription.
Text books used by medical students in Ophthalmology,teach that a minus .50 lense will have a clearing effect to any eye,and warn doctors to not prescribe it unless it is actually needed.
Myopic eyes crave more minus power because of this clearing effect,which many times results in an overminusing of the prescription,due to the patients desire to see more clearly during the subjective part of the refraction exam.
If a person with normal vision try on a minus .50 they will see sharper,but with more than .50 the vision will be quite blurred.
What prescription are you wearing now?
(01-29-2015, 07:44 PM)Bifocal Wrote: Text books used by medical students in Ophthalmology,teach that a minus .50 lense will have a clearing effect to any eye... If a person with normal vision try on a minus .50 they will see sharper,but with more than .50 the vision will be quite blurred.
Ah thanks, that makes sense.

(01-29-2015, 07:44 PM)Bifocal Wrote: What prescription are you wearing now?
~ - 9.00
(02-03-2015, 05:27 PM)Yelaina Wrote:
(01-29-2015, 07:44 PM)Bifocal Wrote: Text books used by medical students in Ophthalmology,teach that a minus .50 lense will have a clearing effect to any eye... If a person with normal vision try on a minus .50 they will see sharper,but with more than .50 the vision will be quite blurred.
Ah thanks, that makes sense.

(01-29-2015, 07:44 PM)Bifocal Wrote: What prescription are you wearing now?
~ - 9.00

Minus nine is a very powerful myopic prescription.
Someone that has never worn glasses would not be able to see out of them at all.
Actually NO!
It does not make sense.
I retract my thanks to Bifocal's optic's textbook's answer (can't trust an optics textbook anyways, because it could be biased to explain to opticians a biased (perhaps an outright wrong) perspective to make them sell lenses or eye treatments.).

Okay, I will try my question again, and please give me factual answers.

Question:
Out of curiosity what does a pair of old glasses look like to those that got rid of their glasses, or improved their sight?

1. When you look through them what does it look like?

2. Now take that "exact same pair" of glasses, find a friend that never ever had glasses before. Ask them to take a look through the glasses and ask them "What did they see?" Come back here and report their observation.

I need multiple responses.
Report truthfully.
Report the facts.
Not what you imagine/think/guessed the answer would be.
Not what a text book said.
If you don't have the old glasses to do the experiment, report back and say you couldn't do the experiment because 'I don't have the pair of old glasses anymore'.

Please respond anyone else that have truthfully brought their myopia down.

Especially pretty pretty please respond:
Please respond David.
Please respond Nancy.
And as for Arocarty, Please respond Arocarty; I don't know if you had myopia before or not, but I respect that you give a dose of rational thought to your answers, I will allow for explaination from Arocarty, if the experiment cannot be done.
(09-26-2015, 08:11 PM)Yelaina Wrote: Actually NO!
It does not make sense.
I retract my thanks to Bifocal's optic's textbook's answer (can't trust an optics textbook anyways, because it could be biased to explain to opticians a biased (perhaps an outright wrong) perspective to make them sell lenses or eye treatments.).

Okay, I will try my question again, and please give me factual answers.

Question:

1. When you look through them what does it look like?

2. Now take that "exact same pair" of glasses, find a friend that never ever had glasses before. Ask them to take a look through the glasses and ask them "What did they see?" Come back here and report their observation.

I need multiple responses.
Report truthfully.
Report the facts.
Not what you imagine/think/guessed the answer would be.
Not what a text book said.
If you don't have the old glasses to do the experiment, report back and say you couldn't do the experiment because 'I don't have the pair of old glasses anymore'.

Please respond anyone else that have truthfully brought their myopia down.

Especially pretty pretty please respond:
Please respond David.
Please respond Nancy.
And as for Arocarty, Please respond Arocarty; I don't know if you had myopia before or not, but I respect that you give a dose of rational thought to your answers, I will allow for explaination from Arocarty, if the experiment cannot be done.

I found an old pair of lenses one day cleaning my garage a couple years back, and out of curiosity tried to look through them at the houses across the street. It felt like the field of vision was extremely compressed and miniaturized a bit, through a narrow liimited field. It was not comfortable, like my head was squeezed somewhat in a vice. Similar to what trying on my siblings glasses when I was a tween, long before I ever wore them. It reminded me of everything not good that lenses does to your vision, and how your brain has to adapt your eyes to see through them. After 25 years of corrective lens dependency, that was enough for me. Have no desire to do it again, nor would I even suggest anyone try it. You want to forget and put behind you as much as possible what lenses do to your eyes in order to see through them. The only thing you need to prove is to yourself, that you can improve your vision and reduce and/or eliminate dependency on them. Nothing else really matters.
If the eyesight has improved, then it will appear blurred. If the eyesight has reduced, then also it will appear blurred. If there is no change in the eyesight, then it will appear normal.
(09-14-2016, 12:58 AM)Frey Wrote: I have  worn glasses for the past 15 years. How can I get rid of them and recover my vision.

Also, a doctor told me that after the age of around 27 the eyes stop deteriorating. any comments on this?

I don't know where your doctor got their information. It's wrong. Huh My eyesight started deteriorating when I was in my 50's and stabalised in my 60's.  Too much work-stress and computer time I'm beginning to think. I've been using glasses for about 15 years.

Perfect Sight Without Glasses free download