MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
brightness differences in eyes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
brightness differences in eyes
Each of my eyes has a different prescription ajd I notice a significant difference in brightness from one eye to the other; is this just a function of vision differences or something else?

One

TLBig GrinR: Weaker vision = darker?
(03-22-2015, 02:55 PM)wtfgod Wrote: Each of my eyes has a different prescription ajd I notice a significant difference in brightness from one eye to the other; is this just a function of vision differences or something else?

One

TLBig GrinR: Weaker vision = darker?

I think they're directly related. When I first started palming consistently, I noticed when I opened my eyes again, the room seemed much brighter with my stronger right eye and my left eye saw no difference. I paid more attention to this, and noticed the periphery to my left wasn't as far as that to my right. I consciously worked on "opening up my vision" to let in as much light as I could, especially with my left eye.

I just shared an article on David's iblindness Facebook page about myopia research, and that close work is not the problem -- it's lack of time outdoors in natural light. Yesterday I had a 3-hour drive in glaring sunlight which I would have been resisting in the past. This time I noticed how far to the sides I could easily see, like I had a wraparound windshield. Welcome the light, don't fight it -- it helps you see!
Periphery is probably a part of the answer.

But I also think that one sees less brightness with their weaker eye simply because the picture gotten from it is more grey, hence with less contrast. Add grey to any colour and you'll see the result. Why is grey? You see worse centrally with your weaker eye and your mind which is responsible for gathering thousands images in every single second from the retina of your both eyes cannot make a very clear whole with the data received from your weaker eye. What it makes is a greyish picture with dim parts in dark areas, not vivid enough in light areas and with smudged borders between objects.

Also the brain tends to surpress the data from your weaker eye since it's less efficient but then that creates some imbalance which is problematic because it puts too much pressure to your stronger eye.
Still struggling with this. Hopefully with summer approaching I can get some more sunlight.

A real pain to do anything with my weaker eye though, given the disparity in diopters ( 7+ ) mixed with the darker vision and the fact I need glasses to see anything past my nose. Sad

Been working an eyepatch in more but it's quite taxing.

5 TIPS TO IMPROVE YOUR VISION IMMEDIATELY!

Quickly prove to yourself that vision improvement is possible, with this free PDF download.

Download Now