MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
No Prescription Glasses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Prescription Glasses
Hey everyone!

I read what was written about not wearing glasses because they weaken the eyes, and I agree! What if I just want to wear glasses with no prescription in them for style? Would that be safe?

I am into fashion, and I think that glasses are really stylish. I have many prescription glasses that have colorful frames, but I have decided to not wear them anymore because of what I read on this website. The glasses that I want to wear in the future will just be regular glasses with no prescription in the lens, but possibly some SPF in the lenses (for sun protection), and a colored tint on the lens (I'm a fan of blue, orange, yellow tint, etc.). Would this damage my eyes at all?
Full-spectrum light is the healthiest for the eyes. I'm thinking the tinted lenses would block some of that.
(03-27-2015, 04:24 PM)Nancy Wrote: Full-spectrum light is the healthiest for the eyes. I'm thinking the tinted lenses would block some of that.

hmmm.... well, maybe I can just wear the glasses outside, and use them as I would sunglasses? And then I can take them off when I am inside. My eyesight really isn't that bad, I just am kind of nearsighted. I plan on starting an eye-exercise program to get my eyesight to where it was before I started wearing glasses. Hopefully occasionally wearing glasses won't reverse any of my progress.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now