MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
How often should I practise?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How often should I practise?
Hi everyone!
I have made some progress already after one week (my eyesight problem is very mild). I have gotten some practises and stuff to do from my teacher while he's going away. But the problem is that I don't understand how often I should "exercise". I pretty much know what to do (if you though have something you know that helps big difference between the eyes or strain, light sensivity or something along the lines, feel free to do it with me). I am planning to do them for a few minutes every half an hour or quarter, does that sound okay.
If someone can offer a free Skype call in April sometime and teach me what they do, I'd like that.
How old am I?
I'm under the age of 18. Really frustrating, since every lesson seems to be in need with a grown-up or costs a lot of money.
Anyone can tell me how much they practise, how often, how fast they're getting results and so on.
Thank you.
- Andrea
[/font]
What is your visual acuity on a well lit snellen chart? Also what kind of exercises are you practicing? I think vision is more about fixating at one thing at a time and be aware of ANYTHING that causes strain. Ive tried many physical exercises but nothing seemed to help much.
Listening to someone else's routine and trying to apply it to yoursef is of limited value, since you're an individual with different habits. As gek0nus says ideally you should be using good vision habits all day long, whatever you're looking at. You practice with the eye chart not to get better at seeing eye charts clearly, but to see details in your environment more clearly. You do the Long Swing not to get better at doing the Long Swing, but to learn to let go of tension in your visual system so you can let your eyes move easily and freely all day long.
(04-02-2015, 01:09 AM)gekonus Wrote: What is your visual acuity on a well lit snellen chart? Also what kind of exercises are you practicing? I think vision is more about fixating at one thing at a time and be aware of ANYTHING that causes strain. Ive tried many physical exercises but nothing seemed to help much.
I had switching 20/40 and 20/30 when I began, but after a week of practising with my teacher's "exercises", my vision stabilized itself to 20/35 after one week.? Since I have problems with my eyes to work, I'm using glasses without glass and a special nosecard between the eyes for special activites suck as reading, writing and so on. I get told to "let it go" with my eyes closed, to get rid of the strain in them. I haven't used much of the long swing and so on, just sometimes.

(04-02-2015, 08:38 AM)Nancy Wrote: Listening to someone else's routine and trying to apply it to yoursef is of limited value, since you're an individual with different habits. As gek0nus says ideally you should be using good vision habits all day long, whatever you're looking at. You practice with the eye chart not to get better at seeing eye charts clearly, but to see details in your environment more clearly. You do the Long Swing not to get better at doing the Long Swing, but to learn to let go of tension in your visual system so you can let your eyes move easily and freely all day long.
Yes, I'm aware of that, but how often should I practise the "exercises". Good vision is practised all day long, I know, but how do you find someone telling how often they're practising? Nowhere as far as I know.
How much time does it take to get good at something?

When you learned a new skill, did you ask around how much time you had to spend at it to get better? Or did you jump at every chance to do it? Did you follow a strict routine every time, or did you at some point abandon the routine and start playing with it, forgetting about time?

A baby stands up when the floor hurts his knees.

Do you want to see or not?

Will you get better at what bores you?

I read a question once. "If the number of souls on earth that love peace outnumbered, by a critical mass, the number of souls that hate war, what could be the outcome?"

You probably have to work. Sleep. Other duties. In between, you have time.
Site Administrator

"Half of our funny, heathen lives, we are bent double to gather things we have tossed away." - George Meredith

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now