MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
MyBB Internal: One or more warnings occurred. Please contact your administrator for assistance.
How does a functional eye look at things ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does a functional eye look at things ?
First, hello, and sorry if I make mistakes because english is not my native language.

For the last few days, I've been trying to learn some things about the Bates method and I also tried to apply some principles as palming, central fixation.. Even if I may do them wrongly at least partially..

But, when I'm not focusing on trying to make the central area as little as possible, so when I'm doing my everyday's activities, I don't really know how I'm supposed to look.. I mean that I noticed that my eyes use to stay quite fixe but I think it's "normal" as I have myopia.

Consequently, how am I supposed to look to things that I see quite blur, especially when I'm at home or at nights ? Trying to continue the central fixation ? But it's not veru natural for me, I use to look to objects fixedly, without moving my eyes, and I think I have to, but I don't know how nor;ql eyes look to objects..

Sorry if my message was't clear enough, I hope you understood it and thanks in advance for the answers.
Jaja,

Functional eyes make a lot of quick micro-movements all the time.
Once you start to have a frozen look - then it may be very hard to unfreeze it.
As far I know consciously it's even impossible as those movements are really short and really quick.

You can however do at least three things:

1 Doing the swinging exercise which retrain your eyes to move more and to notice movement in general.

2 Doing exercises that engage your periphery so that you are not too focused on what happens centrally.

3 Trying to be relaxed with your mind as relaxed mind is very beneficial to our eyes which then become more vivid and more responsive to our mind's wishes and commands.

TEST YOUR VISION AT HOME!
- Free Eye Chart PDFs

• 20 ft, 10 ft, and Near Vision Charts
  • Letters Calibrated to Correct Printed Size
Download Now